Sail away goodies.

savannahgirl1

Has anyone ever ordered the chocolate covered strawberries or Hors d'oeuvre Plate 12 asst. appetizers? What do the hors d'oevure plate consist of and is it worth $15? Are the strawberries worth $9/6. I am looking to have a surprise waiting for my husband that we can share at sail away on our veranda. I thought maybe hors d'oeuvres and strawberries would be nice. Also, have any of you bought the liquor packages, for instance the rum and coke, bourbon and coke, vodka and tonic,etc. The packages run about $36-$39 for the bottle of liquor and 3 sodas. Is this a good deal? Our last cruise I had bought the dozen red roses for him and he loved it, so I thought I would do something different. Thanks for your help.

I'm also curious about the same thing. I have already ordered the "Bon Voyage" champage, (whatever that may be) and thinking of ordering either the choc. covered strawberries or cracker/cheese plate.

We have also ordered the wine card, 20 glasses.

I'm also curious about the same thing. I have already ordered the "Bon Voyage" champage, (whatever that may be) and thinking of ordering either the choc. covered strawberries or cracker/cheese plate.

We have also ordered the wine card, 20 glasses.

I guess we're in the same boat. :D Sorry couldn't resist a "boat" joke.

Has anyone ever ordered the chocolate covered strawberries or Hors d'oeuvre Plate 12 asst. appetizers? What do the hors d'oevure plate consist of and is it worth $15? Are the strawberries worth $9/6. I am looking to have a surprise waiting for my husband that we can share at sail away on our veranda. I thought maybe hors d'oeuvres and strawberries would be nice. Also, have any of you bought the liquor packages, for instance the rum and coke, bourbon and coke, vodka and tonic,etc. The packages run about $36-$39 for the bottle of liquor and 3 sodas. Is this a good deal? Our last cruise I had bought the dozen red roses for him and he loved it, so I thought I would do something different. Thanks for your help.

I have ordered a bottle of liquor for in cabin consumption and Ii found it to be a very good value as they are the large one litre bottles. I did not order the package with the mix though as I brought my own; a case of coke and some pina colada and daquari mix. I just put a luggage tag on the case of pop and it arrived in my room with my suitcases.

Hopefully someone else can answer your questions regarding hors d'ouvres and or chocolate covered strawberries.

Have a great cruise.

Rochelle

We have ordered just about everything. The chocolate covered strawberries were very good and huge. It may depend where you are sailing from. We got the big ones in Venice, in July... You want to call when on board and have them brought to you for approx 5pm if sail away is 5:30.. They never taste as good once they are out for a while.

The hor's d'oeuvres we had were mini toasts with different types of meat and veggies on them. Very much like the Neptune Lounge ones.. If in a suite, take a plate of those to your room (free) and order the strawberries... The champagne was good and in a large bucket of ice when we got on board....

We also always get the wine and cocktail cards, coffee card and soda card...

Hope that helps.

Wendy:)

Our TA gave us the Strawberries on our Prinsendam cruise - not worth it as far as I am concerned - small and not very good berries. Link below to photo of what we got.

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/image/108642416

Suggest you save your $$ for a sailaway drink:D

Hum, I see what you mean. They don't look great. Thanks, that helps a lot. And thanks to the other posters also. I appreciate the input. :D

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship.

Note: 15% gratuity included:

Alcohol and Spirits

VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90

VODKA: ABSOLUT – CITRON $32.20

VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60

VODKA: SKYY $28.75

VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20

VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90

VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65

Kahlua $36.80

Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50

One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found

SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80

One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

On October 30 another poster was able to update and add information to the above list.

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50

6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85

3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89

All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:

Jim Beam - $34.50

J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80

Ballentine's - $40.25

Dewars - $48.30

Jack Daniels - $55.20

Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70

Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05

GIN:

Beefeater - $32.20

Tanqueray - $41.40

Bombay Sapphire - $42.55

LIQUEURS:

Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80

Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00

Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15

Tia Maria - $49.45

Amaretto - $51.75

Cointreau - $55.20

Drambuie - $58.65

Grand Marnier - $74.75

RUM:

Myers - $32.20

Bacardi Gold - $34.50

Bacardi White - $35.65

We call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and order a bottle for our cabin -- liter size -- and we just order the bottle -- no cans of tonic or anything like that -- don't need it.

Thanks so much and also for the list of prices you gave us. I found them very reasonable and will certainly be ordering a bottle for myself!! :) How does the wine card work? I also love my wine. I'm going on my first HAL cruise the end of May and am so excited I can hardly sleep!! :D

From what we were told on the Noordam, the wine cards will soon be done away with.

We bought one -- you can use them in all the lounges and the dining room -- one punch per person per glass of wine -- house wines -- Stone Barn.

House wine card -- 10 glasses for $41.40

House wine card -- 20 glasses for $77.63

These prices include the 15% gratuity.

Thanks so much and also for the list of prices you gave us. I found them very reasonable and will certainly be ordering a bottle for myself!! :) How does the wine card work? I also love my wine. I'm going on my first HAL cruise the end of May and am so excited I can hardly sleep!! :D

bjbear, I think we are on the same cruise, May 31, Westerdam? Correct?

We are just as excited as this is our very first cruise EVER.

We didn't do the strawberries, but did order the cheese and crackers. It is skimpy at best for two people - would suggest going with something else. As for drinks, I called Ship's Services and ordered a bottle of bourbon and a bottle of rum ahead of time. They were in the cabin when we arrived. We brought soda on board.

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship.

Note: 15% gratuity included:

Alcohol and Spirits

VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90

VODKA: ABSOLUT – CITRON $32.20

VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60

VODKA: SKYY $28.75

VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20

VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90

VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65

Kahlua $36.80

Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50

One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found

SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80

One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

On October 30 another poster was able to update and add information to the above list.

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50

6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85

3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89

All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:

Jim Beam - $34.50

J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80

Ballentine's - $40.25

Dewars - $48.30

Jack Daniels - $55.20

Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70

Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05

GIN:

Beefeater - $32.20

Tanqueray - $41.40

Bombay Sapphire - $42.55

LIQUEURS:

Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80

Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00

Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15

Tia Maria - $49.45

Amaretto - $51.75

Cointreau - $55.20

Drambuie - $58.65

Grand Marnier - $74.75

RUM:

Myers - $32.20

Bacardi Gold - $34.50

Bacardi White - $35.65

Krazy Kruizers

You seem to be posting this every week or so. Maybe we can get the monitors to make it a sticky at the top.

We usually order 1 or 2 liters no mixers for the cabin. It is nice to have it available while I am waiting for DW to get ready for dinner.:rolleyes:

I have ordered the chocolate covered strawberries from RCCL numerous times and been thrilled, but the picture from the poster above looks pitiful..................:( And I was going to order them,too.........

Janie

What size is the bottle of "champagne" that is provided as Bon Voyage champagne? (I think that's what it is called on HAL's website)

It's a normal sized bottle. Not great champagne, but it's good enough to enjoy while watching the shore go bye-bye. :D

bjbear, I think we are on the same cruise, May 31, Westerdam? Correct?

We are just as excited as this is our very first cruise EVER.

Hi dandro, yes, May 31, Westerdam to Alaska. This is my 4th cruise but 1st on HAL. I'll look for you on the roll call. My first ever cruise was just 5 years ago and I'm as excited now as I was then! :D

Thanks krazy kruiser and everyone for the info. It makes it easier to plan. Maybe I'll go with halfans idea and do the bon voyage package. Its only I think, $25 or something close. And maybe order a nice bottle of liquor for the room. Thanks guys, your the best. :D

I'm sorry your Chocolate Strawberries we so sorry. I was really surprised by the picture. We have ordered them on many HAL cruises and have never been disappointed. Always plump strawberries and very appetizing.

I've read that it is better to order the alcohol from room service after you have sailed so that you don't get hit with local sales tax. Never really checked to see if that is true.

Trudy

Every TA I have ever used for HAL cruises has ordered the chocolate covered strawberries for me. That would make 6 servings on 4 different ships and every one has had large, plump, juicy berries. I'd say your odds would be good if you ordered them!

Archived