Available Cabin Med Cruise 2010 Gone Already?

I had been waiting for the release of the 2010 Med schedule to see what itineray's they were going to have compared to 2009. When the schedule was released I started looking on RCCL site and went to see cabin availability on a Navigartor and Brilliance and found the usual 5 cabins per category availability. I then waited for the UK scanner website to get the cruise as it always shows all available cabins, not just 5. I have noticed that each cruise seems to be filled up already with almost exactly the same cabins available on each sailing. It's very strange that they filled up that quickly and that what is now left are the same.

Are cabins released all at once or are they grabbed by travel agents and that is why nothing is left? I am interested in how others are able to find cruises and good cabins without grabbing them the day the schedule is released.

Any other thoughts, or am I missing it completely?

Hi,

As with Alaska it would appear that itineraries are listed but not necessarily loaded on the system for us. My cruise tour is booked via RCCL but it still isn't available for me to price watch on the site. I should give them a call to clarify.

While the "UK scanner" website shows a LOT of available cabins, it is not ALL available cabins. Your best bet is to call RCCL and ask about the specific cabin(s) you are interested in.

Thanks. That makes perfect sense based on what I was seeing. I am always reluctant to call RCCL and spend time on the phone going through what about this date and this cabin or that cabin, then what about that date, etc. etc. I like being able to do the research on my own and if I find what I like then go get it.

RCI has also reclassified the Categories for 2010. I know when I looked on sea scanner, new categories like D2 (on Brilliance) were not showing up. So, looks like there are some kinks to work out still.

Archived