Spa deck on the Victory

wadecruiser

I loved the spa deck, we were in 1104 last Jan. Didn't notice any noise or excessive rocking. We were on the side with CC and I didn't see hadly any kids. One night our closet door kept banging, but just put something in front of it and back to sleep.

A funny story about the room. We booked a guarantee OV. I kept calling carnival to check on price to upgrade to a balcony. The last time that I called the PVP told me that I had one of the nicest "OV" rooms becuase it actually had a sliding glass door but was NOT a balcony room. I said to her "please tell me that it doesn't open - I have two kids with me". She said it did but there was a railing.......go figure.

Well to much surprise when we arrived and opened the curtain for the sliding glass door....... there was my balcony. What an awsome surprise. So I don't know if my PVP was just really misinformed or what???

Bottom line... family loved the location. I wanted the same on our April cruise but we are going with a smaller boat, so not an option.

NO I am NOT a complainer just stating Fact

I am a light sleeper however if someone is not GO for it so unless you have been there do not try to criticize my advice or label me because I do take offense!!! I'm only advising future cruisers as I would want to be !!!

I did not BASH Victory ..I actually really enjoyed our cruise but however I did not care for the noise

Yes it rocked more up there but I did not mind that all that much --our balcony door was having a great time sliding open and closed -we just giggled over it

Please refrain from DEROGATORY COmments

I have been on the Victory 2 times and our balcony doors did not slide, they were on hinges. Have they changed the balcony doors?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scrapqueen

Boy am I glad to see your post. GOing on Victory in two weeks on the other side of this deck in 1101 with 2 kids and a husband who must wear a patch for sea sickness. This is our first upper deck sailing, normally we are down in ocean views. Prices were so good for a last minute booking, with all the incentives we got this cabin. I thought it was a good deal, and excellent choice until I started reading all the negative comments!

How did you like Victory for kid activities?

PS - I'm quessing you are a fellow scrapper - me too! I expect to have lots of photos to have fun with. Any hints?

• 1 year later...

While not the Victory (but booked on Victory Spa Deck in August) I had a Spa Deck Cabin - 1105 on Freedom last year. It was wonderful with 2 kids. No difference in rocking and actually very quiet; as somebody posted above there is very little traffic. While Camp Carnival looks to be on the same deck you actually have to take a flight of stairs or tiny elevator. The spa is actually the only thing on the deck.

Archived