Spa deck on the Victory

wadecruiser

Hey everyone, I just read a review from someone who just got back from the Victory's southern itinerary. They said that the spa deck balcony rooms are bad....loud for instance. Now, our first balcony will be on the spa deck cabin 1109 in June and I am nervous about that.

Has anyone been on that deck? Did you have a bad experience?

I just read a review from someone who just got back from the Victory's southern itinerary.

They said that the spa deck balcony rooms are bad....loud for instance.

Now, our first balcony will be on the spa deck cabin 1109 in June and I am nervous about that.

Somehow I suspect that someone might be a 'Moaner'

- someone whose intention it is to gripe about less-than-heavenly-perfect conditions.

Looking at the deck plans..

http://www.carnival4me.com/carnival-victory-deck-plans-cabins.htm

I see cabins under your position, and the Mini-golf range overhead(few ppl use it)

both of which augur well for a quiet cruise.

I can't imagine that Carnival's designers would allow for *Spa Deck* cabins to be exposed to unseemly conditions.

The view has to be fantastic -as a photographer I envy you madly!

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Being up that high, the motion of the ship might be a problem in rough seas

but other than that... ;) you'll be okay!

Hi we were on 1114 .I hope you like late night music .It is loud!!!Till 2AM

Plus on top of you is an open deck People yacked up there LOUD till 4AM -I had to call security

Take it from me change cabins

Get sandwiched between 2 decks!!!

Good Luck

Victory is STILL a fun ship Islands are THE BEST ..see my review!!!

Michele

NO I am NOT a complainer just stating Fact

I am a light sleeper however if someone is not GO for it so unless you have been there do not try to criticize my advice or label me because I do take offense!!! I'm only advising future cruisers as I would want to be !!!

I did not BASH Victory ..I actually really enjoyed our cruise but however I did not care for the noise

Yes it rocked more up there but I did not mind that all that much --our balcony door was having a great time sliding open and closed -we just giggled over it

Please refrain from DEROGATORY COmments

Hey everyone, I just read a review from someone who just got back from the Victory's southern itinerary. They said that the spa deck balcony rooms are bad....loud for instance. Now, our first balcony will be on the spa deck cabin 1109 in June and I am nervous about that.

wadecruiser,

We sailed Victory on Panorama deck room 1065 which is a lot closer to the Lido and we experienced ZERO noise from Lido. While on our balcony we could barely hear the bands that played on Lido. We heard nothing from Lido in our cabin.

The balcony structure on Spa deck is different than other decks and may direct more noise in to the cabins.

Victory also cruises a different itinerary now than when we sailed her and it's possible the sun deck is more active now than when we sailed. It's hard to imagine a party on Sun deck at night because it would be quite windy.

We're looking forward to a Spa Deck balcony on her sister ship Destiny later this year. We're anxious, not nervous! :)

wadecruiser,

1109 puts you a little further back than we were in 1065 and higher up so I wouldn't expect too much noise.

VISPA2.GIF

NO I am NOT a complainer just stating Fact

I am a light sleeper however if someone is not GO for it so unless you have been there do not try to criticize my advice or label me because I do take offense!!! I'm only advising future cruisers as I would want to be !!!

I did not BASH Victory ..I actually really enjoyed our cruise but however I did not care for the noise

Yes it rocked more up there but I did not mind that all that much --our balcony door was having a great time sliding open and closed -we just giggled over it

Please refrain from DEROGATORY COmments

Sorry--didn't mean to touch a nerve or anything!

lol, she hit you with a pre-emptive strike there!
Women! and still I love them. :D

Hey, there's an awful lot of real moaners who write crabby reviews

just for the hell of it, huh?

How was I to know it was Her.

Now I'm in deep doo-doo :cool:

Life sux, doesn't it? :D

Actually, it sounds like She had an unusually noisy cruise for some reason

judging from other comments. Who knows?

We are travelling with friends so we got it for the connecting cabin.

I just found out we can get the divider on the balcony opened up as well.

Now that's going to make your balcony seriously pleasant!

Lucky you!

Hi we were on 1114 .I hope you like late night music .It is loud!!!Till 2AM

Plus on top of you is an open deck People yacked up there LOUD till 4AM -I had to call security

Take it from me change cabins

Get sandwiched between 2 decks!!!

Good Luck

Victory is STILL a fun ship Islands are THE BEST ..see my review!!!

Michele

Thanks mmemichele. I see you were in 1114 and we are in 1109 on the other side. We have the mini golf above us, and are in a few more cabins, so I will be hopeful that our experience will be different than yours.

Hi there,

We were just in 1107 & 1109 this last Feb. Thought the rooms were fine and the only noise that we heard was during a deck party one of the last nights. With the balcony door closed it wasn't bad at all and sure didn't interupt my sleep any. The dividers between the balconies are different on that deck and we didn't even see if we could open it or not. We pretty much kept the interior door between the rooms open most of the time and it worked out great. It was nice not having alot of traffic up there and hardly even saw any of the kids from Camp Carnival that is located on that deck. The only drawback was that while on your deck, people can stand above you and see right down to the balcony, mostly when coming in and out of port. Other than that I was very happy with the room. Hope this helps.

To Alpmac

I enjoyed all your pics of Victory and I'm glad you still like women :) :) :)and yes I forgive you!!!!

Perhaps we were on a noisy cruise but I was trying to help with my experience

still love Carnival and am now headed for Alaska on Spirit ...yes I expect it to be a tad chilly up there

Crazy me I plan to snorkel with a wet suit on a Carnival snorkel excursion in Alaska

How's that for a thrill

Go figure I get cold in CAribbean ..LOL!!!!

To Alpmac

I enjoyed all your pics of Victory and I'm glad you still like women ===> I married two of y'all!! :eek:

:) :)and yes I forgive you!!!! ===> Phew! relief!

Perhaps we were on a noisy cruise but I was trying to help with my experience

still love Carnival and am now headed for Alaska on Spirit ...yes I expect it to be a tad chilly up there

Crazy me I plan to snorkel with a wet suit in Alaska

How's that for a thrill ===> You GO girl!! :D

Go figure -- I get cold in Caribbean ===> My wife too!

:D The more men suffer, the more they like it? :D

Hey Aplmac

Loved Barbados

WEnt to the fish market bought some Mahimahi had the lady at the back fry it up for us DELICIOUS!!!

Also went to supermarket to pick up my son's favorite hot sauce!!!

will return to Barbados next January

Love Neville and his excursion to Wrecks in Carlysle Bay -what a nice man!!!

Michele

Hey Aplmac - Loved Barbados

Went to the fish market, bought some Mahimahi had the lady at the back fry it up for us DELICIOUS!!!

Also went to supermarket to pick up my son's favorite hot sauce!!!

will return to Barbados next January ===> Ring. 427-0146

Love Neville and his excursion to Wrecks in Carlysle Bay -what a nice man!!!

Michele

Sounds like you had The Real Thing.

Fresh dolphin, cooked right away? That's a rare treat,girl!

Local supermarkets stock an amazing array of Hot Sauces

many of them locally-made, but also a St.Lucia-made brand called Baron's

My wife is the hot sauce freak -I don't touch the stuff :eek:

By the way, what U(and the Hawaiians) call Mahi mahi...we call Dolphin

-not to be confused with Flipper the mammal.

DORADO is its correct name,really

You had a good time!

You're returning for more,aren'tcha?! :D

YOU BETCHA !!!

I love spicy food but not like my son LOL!!!

Yes the lady called it Dolphin

SHH ate it on the ship on my balcony GREAT .Got fries and a salad ketchup to go with hot sauce WOW

We discovered the fish market last year .Went to Folkestone park by bus ,got caught in the rain ran to fish market for shelter across fom bus depot

People there told us we could get the lady at the back to cook fish for us So we did

We tried Flying fish -excellent

Last January brought fellow cruisers to market -they loved the experience and the fish

so now it is a MUST stop in Barbados Our friend Colin took loads of pictures of them loading these HUGE fish .It was very interesting!!!

YES WE LOVE BARBADOS!!!!

YOU BETCHA !!!

I love spicy food but not like my son LOL!!!

Yes the lady called it Dolphin

SHH ate it on the ship on my balcony GREAT .Got fries and a salad ketchup to go with hot sauce WOW

We discovered the fish market last year .Went to Folkestone park by bus

got caught in the rain ran to fish market for shelter across from bus depot

People there told us we could get the lady at the back to cook fish for us So we did

We tried Flying fish -excellent ===> OH yeaah!

Last January brought fellow cruisers to market -they loved the experience and the fish

so now it is a MUST stop in Barbados Our friend Colin took loads of pictures of them loading these HUGE fish.

It was very interesting!!!

YES WE LOVE BARBADOS!!!!

That's it. You're hooked!

I'm applying for a residency permit for you, right now.

Please supply middle name -and date of birth! :D

Please make sure that when you come back from this cruise you post what you think about it! MY DH and I are in the same room in October and very much looking forward to this location! Thanks!! Terrie:)

Hi there,

We were just in 1107 & 1109 this last Feb. Thought the rooms were fine and the only noise that we heard was during a deck party one of the last nights. With the balcony door closed it wasn't bad at all and sure didn't interupt my sleep any. The dividers between the balconies are different on that deck and we didn't even see if we could open it or not. We pretty much kept the interior door between the rooms open most of the time and it worked out great. It was nice not having alot of traffic up there and hardly even saw any of the kids from Camp Carnival that is located on that deck. The only drawback was that while on your deck, people can stand above you and see right down to the balcony, mostly when coming in and out of port. Other than that I was very happy with the room. Hope this helps.

I wondered aout the balcony doors, so I looked it up on the Carnival site and Victory is one of the ships that all you have to do is ask the steward and they will open them up.

Please make sure that when you come back from this cruise you post what you think about it! MY DH and I are in the same room in October and very much looking forward to this location! Thanks!! Terrie:)

Will do Terrie! Can't wait for this cruise!

The Spa deck rooms on the Victory were made into balcony rooms a lil while back during drydock. The balcony dividers are different from other ones on different floors (and other ships). It is hard to explain they do not seem to open. There was a thread that I did several months ago asking about these rooms also. Someone had posted a picture of the dividers, if you can go back and search for that you will understand what I mean.

Hope this helps as I had these questions myself before our cruise.:)

Last week we were on sister ship Triumph on Spa Deck in 1107 & 1109 -- Mike & me plus 6 grandkids, ages 9 - 16 (3 girls, 3 boys). The 4 oldest kids were in 1107 and we were in 1109 with the two 9 yr olds. It was a PERFECT LOCATION!!!

No, the separator between 2 balconies CANNOT be opened -- our lovely lady steward"ess" said it was because of no protection from wind and no roof over balconies -- the only way the separators can be attached to ship is welded to wall. At first that bothered me but after a day, it didn't -- all 8 of us could stand on 1 balcony with 2 chairs stacked.

The location is EXTREMELY QUIET!!! Cabins are located behind elevator stacks -- noone goes back there who doesn't belong -- most people have no idea there are cabins there -- door at end of hall to upper sun deck and real close to chaise lounges. Yes we had the mini-golf above us and there were people lining the rail up there at sailaway from Miami, but hey many of them were envious of our great location!!!

The sun decks got soooo crowded & it was soooo hard to get chairs, so my 2 teen gals sunned on the balcony. When people are playing mini-golf, they aren't looking down at you -- after a few days not many people lined up at that railing for port sailaways. Many evenings the mini-golf area was closed.

We only heard some music from pool deck entertainers when we were out on the balcony, but it wasn't that loud. Our teens had an ipod player so they played their own country music out there.

The couch was kept as a bed all week and the bunk which hangs down from ceiling was also left as a bed all week. There is no nighttable on each side of combined bed as usually found in a cabin -- I put my glasses & tv remote on the couch/bed next to me. The connecting door is at the foot of the king bed. Actually it is 2 doors and each has a lock on it. The balcony door is a wide slider, so if you push back your drapery to one side you have a whole window wall. The beds were very very comfortable & the white duvets and sheets are also quite nice!!!

When I first posted about that location, some man said I would have 6 seasick kids to deal with, but that absolutely was NOT the case AT ALL, despite the fact we had some really rough seas & winds -- didn't notice it any worse up there than on lower floors, like walking through the dining room.

There are 3 tall closets -- 1 has 4 shelves & the safe, 1 has an upper & lower hanging rods, 1 has only an upper hanging rod. Since I had no long dresses, I put the all the orange life jackets on the floor of that closet. Since we had 2 small kids in our cabin, they provided smaller jackets for them, but refused to remove the 2 adult ones that we did not need!!! So I had to store 6 jackets!

Archived