Which ship should I consider?

dmpuszcz

I have cruised one time on Princess and the rest of the times on Royal Caribbean usually the Voyager and Freedom Class. We really like Royal Caribbean but would like to try some new ports of call. Which Carnival ship do you think would be comparable? I was trying to find the years each ship came out and their size on their website but haven't been able to find it. Appreciate your comments.

I second the above poster -- the truth is, none of Carnival's ships are comparable to RCI's Voyager and Freedom class. That said, if you like bigger ships, check out Carnival's Conquest Class (Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom), Carnival Splendor, or the new Carnival Dream that is coming out. The Conquest Class ships are 110,000grt, Splendor is 113,000grt, and Carnival Dream will be 130,000grt.

For comparison, I believe RCI's Voyager Class ships are around 136,000grt and Freedom Class is around 155,000grt... less sure about those but I'm in the neighborhood.

I enjoy both lines though -- so I definitely suggest giving Carnival a try, especially since their prices are so good right now.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll check the websites out and check out the different cruises. The prices did seem much better and the itinerary on Freedom was different. The reviews didn't seem that good though.

Thanks for the tips.

All the ships on one page: ;)

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipFinder.do

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll check the websites out and check out the different cruises. The prices did seem much better and the itinerary on Freedom was different. The reviews didn't seem that good though. Thanks for the tips.

You didn't say where you were thinking of going on the cruise. I would like to make a plug for one of the Spirit class ships. They are smaller, about 88,000 tons, but are spacious yet never feel terribly crowded to us, despite having a capacity of nearly 2,100 guests.

Archived