OK..First cruise in 7 DAYS!! Getting Nervous!

jbroons

LOL! Zeke is a cowdog (Blue Heeler) so he would be biting everyone's heels and running around causing a ruckus........but he's awfully cute! Everyone would fall in love with him. We just worked cows a couple days ago and he got in a good workout (and so did I). I guess I don't feel bad hijacking this thread since it is yours to begin with, jbroons. You are a funny dude....hope you love your cruise! :D

Thanks Sue!! And, again, I really appreciate everyone's feedback and wonderful senses of humour!! I have taken so many notes!

John;)

No I know...thanks dude...that was the whole point. Suddenly felt unnerved for some reason...definitely not a wreck (& you shouldn't use that term when it comes to cruise vessels...you know the whole wreck thing).

And no...why "A Night To Remember"...have not seen it. Should I?? Am I too young? I just watched Twilight with my two daughters...(I enjoyed it too).

Why "A Night to Remember"? First, it is a good movie. Second, it is about the voyage of the Titantic. How many times will you see a four star movie?

Jbroons,

Just prepare what you can control - packing, necessary essentials, getting your documents in order, etc. Just relax, you're going on vacation (one of my all-time favorite things to do :p) and you'll have a blast!!!!

I agree with everyone else and what they've suggested. I've been on 7 cruises and have learned to pack light! If you really need to, you can do some laundry on-board (depending on how long your cruise is) but I didn't wear but 3 outfits since I was in my bathing suit the whole time.

Call your credit card companies, tell them you'll be goin on a cruise so they'll allow charges if need be, pack light, take extension cords/power strips, travel alarm clock, hair straightner, collapsable tote (for extras you buy), and most of all HAVE FUN!!!

Let us know how your trip goes when you get back!

BTW: I've seen inside pics of Freedom and it looks pretty similar to the Victor, which I've been on. The Lido deck and "stadium" deck chairs layout area is the exact same. I look forward to our trip next February on Freedom.

Something in your 1st post got me a little worried for you, OP....

You mentioned that you pre-programmed times into your phone. If you booked your excursions independently, most likely the tour will work off of the LOCAL time, but YOU need to make sure you stay on SHIP time. So make sure whatever time your phone is showing, you know what time it is SHIP time! You probably already know that, but just wanted to make sure!

otherwise, sounds like you got everything planned well! Wish mine was in less than 7 days, just plan on getting a Fun Ship Special as soon as you hit that Lido deck! :D

Jbroons,

Just prepare what you can control - packing, necessary essentials, getting your documents in order, etc. Just relax, you're going on vacation (one of my all-time favorite things to do :p) and you'll have a blast!!!!

I agree with everyone else and what they've suggested. I've been on 7 cruises and have learned to pack light! If you really need to, you can do some laundry on-board (depending on how long your cruise is) but I didn't wear but 3 outfits since I was in my bathing suit the whole time.

Call your credit card companies, tell them you'll be goin on a cruise so they'll allow charges if need be, pack light, take extension cords/power strips, travel alarm clock, hair straightner, collapsable tote (for extras you buy), and most of all HAVE FUN!!!

Let us know how your trip goes when you get back!

Thanks Mrs. C05...great advice all around. It's coming fast & furious!!

And I will give some kind of review!!

You mentioned that you pre-programmed times into your phone. If you booked your excursions independently, most likely the tour will work off of the LOCAL time, but YOU need to make sure you stay on SHIP time. So make sure whatever time your phone is showing, you know what time it is SHIP time! You probably already know that, but just wanted to make sure!

otherwise, sounds like you got everything planned well! Wish mine was in less than 7 days, just plan on getting a Fun Ship Special as soon as you hit that Lido deck! :D

EBallgrl. I meant that I had the phone company program the cell to make it operable while @ sea...and I will make sure we have ship time while off ship. Thank you!

No, not trying to be funny;)....The strange thing is if we were doing Disney World there would be no nerves at all...that trip is my area of expertise!! I guess it's the first-time cruise thing. The other thing that while CC has been a HUGE help and comfort, you guys have just SO much information...I should probably pick & choose what I need to absorb!

Again...even thought I won't reply to all posts here, every bit of your advice is being used. Thanks so much!!:)

My big fear was that I built this up in my mind for 20 years. No joke, I had been trying to book a cruise for 20 years and finally did it. What if I didn't like it as much as I thought I would or was disappointed? That was what I was nervous about!!;)

My big fear was that I built this up in my mind for 20 years. No joke, I had been trying to book a cruise for 20 years and finally did it. What if I didn't like it as much as I thought I would or was disappointed? That was what I was nervous about!!;)

How did things turn out?

How did things turn out?

Much Much better than I could have hoped!!! My husband who is usually a hard sell, ended up liking it way better than I ever expected!!! So now we are planning our third cruise!!!:p

Much Much better than I could have hoped!!! My husband who is usually a hard sell, ended up liking it way better than I ever expected!!! So now we are planning our third cruise!!!:p

Excellent!! We're very excited!!;)

It's the coolest siggy ever here! Well, tomorrow is the day you leave. So John have a good time with your girls. It's not that everyone hates you over you know where but you did say some things that just weren't cool. I still wish you a good time and a safe trip. First cruises are always the best.

It's the coolest siggy ever here! Well, tomorrow is the day you leave. So John have a good time with your girls. It's not that everyone hates you over you know where but you did say some things that just weren't cool. I still wish you a good time and a safe trip. First cruises are always the best.

Thank you Debbie...you are very sweet. You guys have the strength in numbers...I just have the weakness of just being divorced from my best friend of 25 years...I am very sad and want to make sure my girls have a nice time. Thank you.

And you do have the coolest siggy...I would like to meet you someday...on a cruise...YAY!!;)

And you do have the coolest siggy...I would like to meet you someday...on a cruise...YAY!!;)

Well, I bet you are going to love your first cruise and will be cruising many more times so there is a chance. I have 3 cruises booked right now for the future. You can see them in my cool siggy!:D

Thank you Debbie...you are very sweet. You guys have the strength in numbers...I just have the weakness of just being divorced from my best friend of 25 years...I am very sad and want to make sure my girls have a nice time. Thank you.

Strength in numbers..........there's really not that many of us. Have you ever visited the Crazies thread? Now that is strength in numbers. That thread moves so fast I can't even keep up. My boyfriend and I are cruising with them in September and I don't know any of them. Most of them are from Texas and have already met and have a friendship. So that one will be a little weird but I am sure they are a fun group once I do get to meet some of them.

I just read through the entire thread to see if anyone else mentioned this! SHIP'S time is key! There was recently a video posted of a couple that missed the sail away time. One respondant said their curise waited an hour for a couple fo teenage girls who had used their cell phones to keep tabs on the time...but the phone wasn't set to SHIP'S TIME!

Two other things not listed in your prep...Sun Block and a camera!:D

Archived