12 year olds

vivig

HI There,

Our son in an only child, and because of this cruising was the PERFECT option for us for the past years. He has the perfect balance of spending time with us during the port days and then enjoying himself at the Adventure Ocean meeting and making new friends.

It is his vacation as well and we let him spend as much time as he likes with the club and spending time with us when he likes. We have strict rules i.e. checking in and what we expect from a behaviour perspective etc.

Next year he will be 12 and we are planning on Sailing on the Liberty of the Seas...with no structured programs how has your experience been? I am a little worried that he will not enjoy it as much and will have a harder time meeting new friends.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Vivian

I have a 12 yo too, and he is a bit shy. I think it depends on whom they meet the first day or two. I would definitely encourage him to go to the first couple of meetings just for the sake of meeting other kids to hang out with.

It seems that the older they get, the less appeal the programs have for them, although my teens do usually make the time to attend some specific events. They usually make friends and then arrange to meet at different places around the ship.

Archived