£50 deposit!!!

seabourndt

just wondered if this is being offered by cunard or not? a travel agent just emailed me about this for the QUEEN ELIZABETH. i was hoping they might be doing a taNDEM IN 2011 but says the info will not be out till september!! it sounds a great idea

dave

just wondered if this is being offered by cunard or not? a travel agent just emailed me about this for the QUEEN ELIZABETH. i was hoping they might be doing a taNDEM IN 2011 but says the info will not be out till september!! it sounds a great idea

dave

I think it is up to the TA, not sure, I have prebboked in the hope of getting on QE , the deposit will be 10% of the full cunard price.

Not sure if this is valid "deal" Usually Cunard deposit is 25% of total cost.

Perhaps youshould check with Cunard if possible.

Two weeks agao in Sunday paper, I saw an ad for a cruise I though was interesting, fare quoted was $995 (cheapest cabin) incl FREE AIR FREE bus from select FL towns.

Wow! SO phoned, well suffice to say by the time I had mentally digested all the "small print" I found my cheapest cabin (solo ) was going to cost $3850, and because I ws booking solo there was NO free Air and NO free bus - that was "only for those booking double occupancy"

This week Sunday paper ad was for cruise on NEW SHIP, well gues what, the ship has been sailing for the same company for past 5 YEARS. Explanation "it has been refurbished"

Not all that glitters is gold.

That is a waitlist deposit for the agency, NOT Cunard.

Some large UK cruise agents occasionally offer decreased deposits as a special promotion & 99% of the time the gamble pays off.

As Rob mentioned standard Cunard deposit for UK bookings is 10% of brochure fare, which the smaller more service oriented agents tend to stick to.

Cunard booking conditions & agent practices are quite different on each side of the pond - as the OP in in the UK & has been quoted a £50 rather than a $50 deposit I thought I'd post the correct UK information. :-)

Archived