Spirit

phabric

Hi,

We were on the Spirt last January to the Southern Caribean and had a great time. The Spirt class ships have a nice layout in terms of being able to get around. We had an aft balcony cabin and it was great! Carnival cabins have plenty of space. Their standard balcony cabins I believe are still the largest in the industry. Food was good. Our waiter was competent. I've had better and worse. We didn't go to the shows so I can't really comment on them. The supper club is a must do. It's a two level resturant that has a little band and dance floor that you can enjoy between courses. The food there was outstanding as well as the service. Definitely worth $25 each. We never had a problem getting chairs outside. The buffets were good. Plenty of choices.

Overall, I would do the Spirt again anytime. In fact, we are considering the Hawaii cruise for our 25th.

Also, if you go down a few threads you'll find one titled "Just Back From the Spirt". You can probably get more current info there.

at how nice it was.

We were on Spirit last spring and despite our pre-conceived ideas... we were shocked at how good the food, entertainment, service was. I actually wrote a note to the Captain and expressed our delight at how perfect everything was.

OK-- they didn't serve cavier in the dining room, but the food they did offer was consistently "very good" or better.

just back from Spirit and everything was great A 8.5 out of 10.

We had a Aft Obstructed Balcony 5234- this was perfect!! Booked it thru Costco.

The obstruction was a tender boat at our feet!! Now mind you that the front of the ship tender boats are bigger and do cause more of an obstructed view so look at the deck layout and boat placemnet when booking- but a balcony is the way to go and obstructed will save you about $300 bucks!!

Go for it

we are going again- alaska or Hawaii- not sure yet

We are set to cruise the Spirit in July 2005 (Alaska)

Iderrn : Was Pat playing guitar on the Promenade? I think he told me he went back in September. Super guy and very talented. (He played the Vatican in July)

I am not sure if he will still be on there in July, but I hope so.

This will be our first time on this class. I can't wait!!!

We were on the 9/1 Alaska southbound sailing from Whittier to Vancouver. The ship is lovely and not too big...pretty easy to find your way around. We had an aft balcony on deck 8 and for an Alaskan cruise...that is a nice little luxury! The food was fine in the dining room and in the Lido. We did dine in the Supper Club and the food and presentation was excellent...be prepared to be there awhile!

Enjoy your cruise!

We sailed the Spirit for 12 days around Hawaii and to Vancouver this spring. It was definitely my favorite Carnival ship. I loved the size and the layout. The entertainment was excellent and our stateroom (9A) was awesome. I was disappointed in the cuisine.

But we had a wonderful time and made many new friends. I wouldn't hesitate to sail the Spirit again.

Hi Iderrn:

Can you tell me more about your cabin of 5234 on Spriit. We are booked for the same cabin on the Pride for Mexican Riviera in August 2005 for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary family get-together. Sprit and Pride have the same layout. How obstructed was the view, and being at the aft, did you have more noises and felt more engine vibration. How do you rate the convenience of this cabin. as it is pretty near to the aft elevator, which is great for going up to the Lido deck and down to the dining room. But on the other hand, was it a LONG walk to the front where the main showroom is located, and the gym (In my previous cruise, I worked out every morning in the gym). Thank you for any and all information that you can provide me regarding the cabin and its locality.

Eli

Elli,

The obstruction in the top of the all orange tender boat at you feet. It's as if, if the plexiglass were not there it 's level with you balcony decking.

It perfect to getting to aft elevators- up to LIdo and down for dinner.

When we went to the gym every morning, we just went down the room hallways and up to 10th floor(gym) or took aft elevators and walked to lido deck up to the front of the ship.

Now, if you could get the room directly next to 5234(one back) it has double wide balcony!!

Basically I loved the location!!

Have fun

I know you will

Thanks for your reply. I have 4 in my family, and I think the cabin that is 1 back cannot accomodate 4. I know what you mean about their balcony twice the length of 5234. On the subject of balcony, can all 4 of us (2 are kids of age 12 & 15) be standing at the balcony at the same time, and do they placed any table and chairs at the balcony.

they have one regular chair, one table, and one low chair ( like a sand chair w/ a hi back)

We stood in the balcony together with binoculars, while trolling into port. I just stacked the table on top of one of the chairs.

the furniture is like plastic home depot/target cheapy stuff- no complaints

Thanks for the info, Iderrn.

My sister booked an extended balcony cabin (5131, I think), so she will have more room for her family of four. However, it is all the way up to the fore of the ship, which makes a long walk up and down the corridors for me to walk my kids up their cabin, so the cousins could hang out together. (Ditto for my sister, if she wants to send her kids to our cabin).

Looking at the deck plan, it seems like the corridor outside of our cabin area is narrower than the remainder corridor of the floor, is that true? Is the corridors pretty well lighted? I heard that the ships is rather dark with the decor.

Appreciate all your insights.

Eli

the corridors are well light and all seemed to me to be the same width- granted they do make some twists and turns

5131 is not obstructed but it's balcony is a bit DEEPER-

longer for example would be...- check out #5236,5238,and 5245

You'll eat so much- you'll need the exercise & your room is GREAT in my opinion!! ( you paid less too)

Did the Spirit to Alaska (inside passage) out of Vancouver. It was absolutely

great. Have no bad things to say, just wish it was longer than a week.

We were on the Panorama Deck 8175 with extended balcony. You hear a

little noise from the Lido deck in the morning but nothing bad. The super

club is worth the $25.00, service was great and food even greater. So

enjoy. We did this in September 2003.

I was on the Spirit last January to the Southern Carribean and have booked for this January to the Mexican Riviera on the Spirit. The ship is large, but not a huge mega-liner. The layout is very easy to learn, with most of the public areas on the two promenade decks, the lido deck, and up.

The passageways on the stateroom decks are a bit narrow and winding, but very well lit. The cabin numbers are a bit tricky, so pay attention to the signage. Myself and my partner must have done three loops around the aft hallway before we realized we were going in circles. Once you figure out which way to go when leaving your cabin you'll be fine.

We had also booked an obstructed balcony guarantee, but was upgraded 3 catagories. Nice surprise, though now I dont think I can go for anything less than a balcony. Our cabin was just aft of the aft elevators. It makes it very easy to get to the buffet/pool or the dining room. Straight up or down. As far as the gym being at the opposite end of the ship, your going for exercise. Consider it a warm-up. lol

As far as balcony size. We had the regular balcony last trip and had friends on board who had an extened balcony. The regular is very nice for two to hang out, but a family of four can certainly stand out and watch the scenery. The extra two feet make a big difference so thats what we've got booked this time.

Best I can tell you is go for it, you'll be addicted like me.:)

Archived