Just Back From Belize

lrcruising

We were in Belize on Mon, Nov. 22. We had a tour with Wet n Wild with Marvin to do the cave tubing at 1 pm The Grand Princess was late getting to Belize and we didn't actually get off the tender until almost 2:45 pm. Luckily Marvin was there waiting for us. He promised to have us back by the last tender (7:30 pm) and we agreed to take a slightly shorter cave tube and skip the meal. Most of the shore excursions offered by Princess were cancelled and a lot of the local tours also due to our late arrival. Carlos and Charlie (hee hee) were our drivers/guides. We had a 45 min van ride to the park. We hiked for about 30 minutes and saw some beautiful plants and insects. We tubed through 2 caves which was FANTASTIC. Since we didn't get to cliff jump at the usual 3rd cave, Charlie stopped along the way and let us cliff jump at a different spot. By the time we tubed out of the last cave, it was dusk and we were floating in near dark conditions which was extremely awesome. My 3 teenage boys loved it. As promised, we were back in time and Marving was there once again waiting for us to see if we enjoyed our tour. FYI we were the ONLY ones on the river. We had it all to ourselves since everyone else cancelled their tours. This was a must do tour. Don't bother hanging around Belize City, it's not a place you'd want to get lost in.

I just e-mailed Marvin from the site you posted above asking about this issues with the Grand and the short port time and here is his response:

"Curently we are offering a shorter version of the tubing, we depart at 2:00pm and return at 6:30pm. so you can get back in time for the ship.

We have ben working this way fro all the Grand Princess guest and it has been working firne, we are fully aware of the situation with this ship.

Thank you,

Marvin Deras"

I feel pretty good about booking this one. I don't know if they have changed the prices to reflect the shorter time or not.

Archived