"Vision of the Seas" ...comments, advice??

My wife and I just put our deposit down on the "Vision of the Seas" Mexican Riviera cruise on Oct 10th.

Anyone have any comments, suggestions, advice or general input regarding this cruise? How is the weather in October in this part of the world? Will we need to pack as though we're going to the Caribbean? Or will it be much cooler?

Any input from fellow cruisers will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! We're looking forward to this, our 2nd, RCL cruise (this year).

icon_cool.gif Bill icon_cool.gif

10/10 "Vision of the Seas" Mexican Riviera Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My husband and I and our next door neighbors will also be cruising on Vision, Oct.10 and are interesting in the same information as well as any good excursions someone may have been on. This is our first Mexican cruise having only been to the Caribbean before this. Thanks in advance for any info anyone would be willing to share about the ship and the cruise in general.

Veendam 1/2002

Rhapsody 9/14/03

Vision of the Seas 10/10/04

Although I haven't sailed this itnerary, I was on the Vision and it's a fabulous ship. I love that it's not too "mega" and the layout is easy to get about. The aft cabins have huge balconies so if you have the opportunity to book one of these that would be wonderful.

As far as October.. I don't know about the Mexican Rivera, but did the Mexican Baja in October. It was chilly - sweater temperatures. Someone with experience will share I'm sure.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

We are going in 2 weeks, so when I get back I will be able to answer some questions (not about the weather though). I know we are doing "Randi's Happy Horses" in Mazatlan. Probably will do kayaking in Cabo, I have to prepare myself because I have heard that the water is much colder than it is in the Caribbean. I'll write again after we get back!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800 'til we sail away on the Vision

I was on Vision this past January...beautiful ship.

On the weather part...all I remember was that last year around early October many ships were re-routed to San Francisco and Catalina Island due to bad weather...hopefully the weather will be nice to you this year. icon_smile.gif

Rhapsody of the Seas~~~Our first balcony!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We have been to the Mexican Riviera 27 times on RCCL ships. We usually go in April and December.. Never have been in October but are thinking about it this year. No matter when you go, the first day at sea is cool and windy. Then when you get to Cabo etc., it is warm in the middle 80's. The last two days at sea are cool and sometime down right cold and very windy. Some times the seas are rough too.

We just got off the Vision on April 25th. I did not bring warm shirts to wear cause I thought it would not be cold. I should have because it was cold.

Each port has different attractions. In Cabo there are a lot of water activities including parasailing and snorkeling. Cabo is a small town, but there is shopping too.

Mazatlan is a large city with lots of people. They have a beautiful beach front with white sands. Lots of shopping the Golden Zone. Of course there is Senor Frogs which is not to be missed. The food is excellent and very safe to eat. On cruise ship days there is a lot of partying going on too.

PV is also a large city. Plenty of shopping and beachs too.

Let me know if you need other information.

Barbara

October is usually the end of the rainy season in Puerto Vallarta and tends to be when they get a hurricane, as previous poster mentioned. We have travelled on land vacations to PV in October and the weather has been warm and beautiful with the water being very warm. We took the Vision April 4th and the first sea day was warm with everyone at the pool. The only day that was chilly was the last sea day and the day in Mazatlan. Check into www.vallarta-adventures.com , they have a bunch of great tours (including Canopy tours, a pirate ship, and all the snorkel trips you can think of. We have used them twice for our tours and have been very happy. For Cabo you can take a water taxi to El Medano beach (tell them the Office) and you will find all the water activities there along with Horseback riding. We were not impressed with Mazatlan and the next time we go I think we will go out for lunch and come back to enjoy the ship. Have a great time, it was alot of fun.

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

Archived