AMA Budapest to Prague June 2009

Phoenix cruiser

With only 150 people on board, it is difficult to find other cruisers for a roll call on a river cruise. We are on the Amalyra on the same Danube Discovery cruise a couple weeks before you. We actually did find a CCer that was on our cruise. It should be a great cruise. Enjoy!

I was surprised to find that so few River Cruise passengers are even aware of Cruise Critic. When we went to Portugal last year there was only one person that I spoke to that knew about CC and they worked in the large cruise ship industry. I did write the web address for a couple of the passengers, but not sure if they ever joined.

We are actually on the AMA Amalyra the week before you - leaving Prague on 6/8 and getting off in Budapest on the 15th. Really looking forward to it.

We debark the Amalyra on June 8, so we are right before you. Can't wait to experience a European river cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
We are actually on the AMA Amalyra the week before you - leaving Prague on 6/8 and getting off in Budapest on the 15th. Really looking forward to it.

We are looking at AMA Prauge To Budapest summer 2010 We a Presonal side trip To start in Paris Also so Lookinf for Customized Side Tours in In both Praug & Budapest of Jewish Heritage

Has anyone done this?

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

I am a little confused. This is our first Europe trip and first river cruise. We will be on the Amalyra, also. We spend 3 days in Budapest and board the same day as you, June 15. However we disembark in Trier, Germany, after 14 days, tour Luxembourg, then are bused on to Paris for 3 nights. Is that the same one you will be on? Anyone who will be on the Amalyra at some point before this, please send news of your experience and helpful information you may have! Off the subject, but how best to pack lightly for that many days! Words of wisdom for attire for my husband would be appreciated!

PNA- You can book a tour with the land extensions or without. You have the land extensions and it sounds fantastic!

About clothes- You can have laundry done on she ship. My mom had her pants laundered a couple times. It was very reasonable (approx a euro) and they had them hanging up the next day. There is also a little retractable clothesline built into the shower.

Archived