Soda???

bam23

How much soda/pop can you bring on board, and how do you have to bring it? Does it need to be hidden or can it just be out in the open? Thanks, I'm really new to this. I can use all the help possible.

How much soda/pop can you bring on board, and how do you have to bring it? Does it need to be hidden or can it just be out in the open? Thanks, I'm really new to this. I can use all the help possible.

We bring a 6 pack of diet coke and a 6 pack of water, we carry them onboard, no questions asked. I keep them in my carry on. Some folks bring coolers with them.

Fred

I have seen one person walk on (carry on) three cases of Coke. My wife and I were sure someone was going to stop them but they walked right on and never had an issue. Of course, as soon as I try that the soda police will come crashing ontop of me!!!

You are allowed to bring a "reasonable" amount of soda and water.

This is what I do...

I have a suitcase that holds more than 50 lbs., which will get you an extra fee with the airlines. So, before I leave the hotel to board the ship, I empty one of my carry-ons and put the stuff in the big suitcase. Then I put 2 twelve packs in the carry-on. Then I make DH schlep a third 12 pack.

The only time I've ever been questioned was in Tampa. They saw it was all soda (not liquor) and let me pass.

I bring a collapseable cooler, which the cabin steward keeps filled with ice.

I brought a case of Pepsi and half a case of water, split between a carried-on cooler and my checked luggage. No need to hide it as it's not against the rules.

As mentioned, Carnival allows "a reasonable amount". They don't spell out anywhere what that is, but a case per-person seemed reasonable to me, and they must have agreed because I haven't heard of one person being rejected for having that.

On my last RCCL cruise, I took on a case of water, taped up the sides and taped my luggage tag right on the case. I did the same thing with the soda (I think but definately know I did with the water).

Can I do this on CCL?

Thanks!

On my last RCCL cruise, I took on a case of water, taped up the sides and taped my luggage tag right on the case. I did the same thing with the soda (I think but definately know I did with the water).

Can I do this on CCL?

Thanks!

I've never tried that. But there's been reports that sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I taken up to a case in my cooler and I never got questioned.

I thought I heard that Carnival does not allow coolers anymore except the real small ones. I have always rolled mine on, with water + soda but this cruise I will not, based on what people are saying.

Correct - 12x12x12 max dimensions. No way you are gonna get a case in there. Used to be you could bring larger roller coolers, but they do not allow those anymore.

I've never tried that. But there's been reports that sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I think I've read on other threads that it depends on the port you are leaving from whether you can tag a case of water.

They've apparently had a lot of trouble with people slapping luggage tags on cases of soda / water where the cases were not secure and it created problems for the porters since they would fall apart in transit, so they just refuse to accept them at some ports.

To be sure you would want to be able to put the case of water/ soda in a suitcase and check that. Whatever you can fit in a roller carry on would also be OK.

You might be able to bring an extra suitcase if you can get all your stuff in a suitcase that fits into a bigger suitcase and still stay under the 50 pound limit.

I take one of those foldable vinyl type coolers...like a large lunch box and check it with the luggage.

All the porter wants to know is that it does not contain ice.

We put water and screw top drinks.

The screw top bottles seem to make it through the luggage handling procedure much better than cans.

Then at the end of the cruise we fold up the empty cooler and stuff it into another bag.

We usually self debark and try to condense everything at the end.

If you check your soda, be sure to put it in a duffle bag or something. Don't just give a 6-/12-pack to the porters. I remember reading in one of the reviews here that the reviewer did that, and after the porter dropped off the soda, other passengers who were boarding helped themselves. :eek:

The water on ships is probably the cleanest drinking water around. Why bother lugging cases of bottled water which is probably just filtered tap water anyway? Its so much easier to just bring some sport bottles with you and fill it with ice and water in the Lido Buffet.

I am so happy about being able to bring soda/water on board--- RCCL wouldn't let you (and this time we aren't flying so it will be easier) but qucik question: what brand of soda does the cruise line serve? coke or pepsi products?

and is soda included with meals??

Jill

I am so happy about being able to bring soda/water on board--- RCCL wouldn't let you (and this time we aren't flying so it will be easier) but qucik question: what brand of soda does the cruise line serve? coke or pepsi products?

and is soda included with meals??

Jill

Coke products....which is why I carry on Pepsi.

Soda is not free in the dining room with meals.

Coke products....which is why I carry on Pepsi.

Soda is not free in the dining room with meals.

Does anybody know if they sell Soda Water (CLUB SODA ETC.) on RCI . We're Greygoose,Soda Water with a couple of lemon wedges drinkers.:) Cruisin out of Barcelona and am not sure if you can buy it there.:confused:

Does anybody know if they sell Soda Water (CLUB SODA ETC.) on RCI . We're Greygoose,Soda Water with a couple of lemon wedges drinkers.:) Cruisin out of Barcelona and am not sure if you can buy it there.:confused:

Prolly be better to post that question on the RCI thread.;)

I have gotten club soda on Carnival at the bar without charge.

I'm wondering if its really worth it to carry soda onboard. I'm assuming you have to go back to your cabin every time you want one. I'm thinking about just buying the soda card for DS and DD (I'm perfectly happy drinking the free lemonade or a Bahama Mama :D and of course DH will be drinking his coronas ;)). I'm thinking I won't save all that much money by bringing my own onboard. No to mention that I have to schlep it on the train down to Tampa :eek:.

I'm wondering if its really worth it to carry soda onboard. I'm assuming you have to go back to your cabin every time you want one. I'm thinking about just buying the soda card for DS and DD (I'm perfectly happy drinking the free lemonade or a Bahama Mama :D and of course DH will be drinking his coronas ;)). I'm thinking I won't save all that much money by bringing my own onboard. No to mention that I have to schlep it on the train down to Tampa :eek:.

If you like Coke products, it's not worth it to carry on soda. IMO

It happens that I do not like Coke...Pepsi is much better. And I drink a couple a day. So it's worth it for me.

If you're coming to Tampa the day before, you don't have to take it on the train. Just get some in Tampa.

i've gone to a grocery store in st thomas before and brought on 12 packs. i just put the bag thru the scanner and act like i own the joint. nothing has ever been said and have had no problems.

Can you just get a glass of ice water for free with your meals? How does it taste? We are really water drinkers.

Ice water is available and seemed to taste OK to us. A little lemon never hurts either for a little variety. ;)

I don't care for their iced tea so I get a big glass of ice and a cup of hot water and grab an Earl Gray tea bag and make my own iced tea. :D

Archived