The Real Housewives of HAL TV show

nitnyleo

So sad. I was watching Celebrity Apprentice for the first time in a long while - Joan Rivers - whoa. :eek: Can't remember what she looked like before, but it is good to be reminded that getting old could be worse. If you get scared looking in the mirror now....I think I'll keep the face I have, thank you!:cool:

Oh man joan rivers face actually has sharp edges on it. She looks like Madame, that ventrioquist dummy back in the 70s and 80s.

I know a few women who have had a little work done on them, and it really made them look younger, and to them it made them feel better. But people like these posted here are just out of control.

I know one of the producers and the new show really won't be much "different" than these boards. You be the judge, here are the first five episodes.

Episode # 1 "Where There's Smoke there's Fire"

The housewives get into a heated exchange with a fellow passenger, when they go out on their balcony and smell cigar smoke.

Episode #2 "Tray It Again"

The housewives find out there's no trays in the Lido so they devise a plan to steal some from room service.

Episode #3 'Chair Hog Smackdown"

The housewives learn not to hold deck chairs with their shoes,as their favorite flip flops are tossed overboard for chum

Episode #4 "Jeans In The Dining Room"

The housewives have a meltdown because they can't wear their designer jeans in the dining room.

Episode #5 "Diapers In The Hot Tub" This has coarse language and should not be seen by children.

Con some rich schlep to marry you and foot all your bills, pump yourself up with so much botox and collagen that you start looking like the King Tut exhibit. Sit around drinking Cosmos all day, and do the pool boy in the cabana.
Don't forget the required boob job. If you watch the Real Housewives shows, you know that they film in warm weather so the housewives can dress and show off their cleavage. Not sure what's real about them, if anything, nor are they "housewives" but I think it's fun watching *itches go after each other. Kind of like watching an electric bug zapper.

So sad. I was watching Celebrity Apprentice for the first time in a long while - Joan Rivers - whoa. :eek:
Yeah... she's a bit scarey but I think she's nicer now than she was 40 years ago. The really scarey and sad person on Celebrity Apprentice was Dennis Rodman. Not that I ever liked him but he's a walking timebomb.

I know one of the producers and the new show really won't be much "different" than these boards. You be the judge, here are the first five episodes.

Episode # 1 "Where There's Smoke there's Fire"

The housewives get into a heated exchange with a fellow passenger, when they go out on their balcony and smell cigar smoke.

Episode #2 "Tray It Again"

The housewives find out there's no trays in the Lido so they devise a plan to steal some from room service.

Episode #3 'Chair Hog Smackdown"

The housewives learn not to hold deck chairs with their shoes,as their favorite flip flops are tossed overboard for chum

Episode #4 "Jeans In The Dining Room"

The housewives have a meltdown because they can't wear their designer jeans in the dining room.

Episode #5 "Diapers In The Hot Tub" This has coarse language and should not be seen by children.

I knew this was coming, but I had to read it anyway! Funny!:):)

Hey, Pipedreams, what about the tipping episodes?! I hear it's a two-parter!

"Tipsy-Turvy, Part I", The housewives cancel their automatic tipping when they discover that there is no open bar.

"Tipsy-Turvy, Part II" Housewives order 24 hour Room Service and are in a tizzy when they are told that massages are not included.

Yeah... she's a bit scarey but I think she's nicer now than she was 40 years ago. The really scarey and sad person on Celebrity Apprentice was Dennis Rodman. Not that I ever liked him but he's a walking timebomb.

Rather painful to watch. Seeing he's around after the drinking & the 1000's of women, he must have a praying grandma! Hope he gets help.

How about "Celebrity Cruisers"? That might be interesting with all the enormous egos all together.:D

Believe it or not that is a woman, Jocelyn Wildenstein. Her husband was some billionaire art dealer or something . Big New York socialites. When he started having affairs with other women, she started having plastic surgery. She had dozens of surgeries and spent millions of dollars. The New Post (witty headliners that they are known to be:)) call her "The Lion King" and "The Bride of Wildenstein"

I'm speechless . . .

We were aboard tha Rotterdam, Athens-Harwich, last May/June. A Dutch TV crew was aboard filming some kind of reality show involving a "well-known" Dutch chef choosing an assistant (Dutch culinary "Apprentice"?) No real bother--as a couple of posters have pointed out, they filmed mostly in out-of-the way locations, in the Atrium, the Wajang Theatre, by the rear pool a couple of times, for example. But we did find that the crew was not really dressed for a HAL cruise, and, in general, not your "typical HAL cruiser--you know who you are!), and noticed each evening as they would, en masse (between six and ten persons) would traipse into the Dining room on the upper level, and descend to the lower, for dinner, generally dressed in fairly tattered jeans and t-shirts. After a couple of nights, we found this new casualness to have rubbed off on some guests, unfortunately, and thereafter noticed quite a few more guests than usual to have adopted the jeans and t-shirt look--not quite what I understood to be "smart casual".

They did seem to have a good time in their off-hours, though, and disembarked about halfway through.

We were aboard tha Rotterdam, Athens-Harwich, last May/June. A Dutch TV crew was aboard filming some kind of reality show involving a "well-known" Dutch chef choosing an assistant (Dutch culinary "Apprentice"?) No real bother--as a couple of posters have pointed out, they filmed mostly in out-of-the way locations, in the Atrium, the Wajang Theatre, by the rear pool a couple of times, for example. But we did find that the crew was not really dressed for a HAL cruise, and, in general, not your "typical HAL cruiser--you know who you are!), and noticed each evening as they would, en masse (between six and ten persons) would traipse into the Dining room on the upper level, and descend to the lower, for dinner, generally dressed in fairly tattered jeans and t-shirts. After a couple of nights, we found this new casualness to have rubbed off on some guests, unfortunately, and thereafter noticed quite a few more guests than usual to have adopted the jeans and t-shirt look--not quite what I understood to be "smart casual".

They did seem to have a good time in their off-hours, though, and disembarked about halfway through.

You are probably speaking of Herman den Blijker of Dutch TV. He is a well known chef in Holland and co-owns two restaurants I believe in Rotterdam. While we were on the 2/15/09 Western Caribbean aboard the Westerdam, my wife and I watched some of the episodes on one of the ship's channels. My wife is a fan of Bravo TV'sTop Chef where each week someone would be eliminated. That seemed to be the theme here also, but on a much smaller scale regarding the prize structure. It was filmed on Holland American ships, with the final being on the Eurodam.

On one of the nights after dinner, my wife and I went out to the promenade and there he stood in his white apron surrounded by many of his staff. They were filming on this cruise as my wife noticed many young men running around with photo gear and speaking what she thought was "German".

I contacted HAL and they e-mailed me back the chef's name as my wife wanted to known who won the final round.

Here is the link to a Website where the final round was on the Eurodam. Of course it is in Dutch. Show is called Herrie Aan De Horizon.

http://www.rtl.nl/components/huistuinkeuken/herrieaandehorizon/miMedia/2008/week40/di21.194622.public.Herman_Den_Blijker_Herrie_Aan_De_Horizon_s1_a5.xml

Ken

:mad:My partner was born/raised in Orange County, CA, as was his mother (who now lives her in beautiful Washington state), specifically Newport Beach. Those scary women on that show have no reality to the mothers, housewives, women that they know. So I would imagine that any HAL "real housewives" would be nothing but....

We saw Herman den Blijker and his whole rude entourage when they came aboard Westerdam the second week of our b2b in February. I wasn't thrilled with the way they pretty much took over the ship, disregarding rules, smoking cigarettes & cigars wherever, dressing like a bunch of homeless people, Blijker & his wife(?) putting their baby in the adult aft pool.:eek: The biggest turn-off was seeing Blijker leaning in toward his baby son with that lit cigar in his mouth. Yuk.:p

The ship was even delayed from leaving from St. Thomas for over a half hour, because we were waiting for that bunch to get back to the ship. I think we should have left them to figure out how they'd get back to Fort Lauderdale.

Yeah, my vacation would have been plenty complete without that bunch of yahoos.

We saw Herman den Blijker and his whole rude entourage when they came aboard Westerdam the second week of our b2b in February. I wasn't thrilled with the way they pretty much took over the ship, disregarding rules, smoking cigarettes & cigars wherever, dressing like a bunch of homeless people, Blijker & his wife(?) putting their baby in the adult aft pool.:eek: The biggest turn-off was seeing Blijker leaning in toward his baby son with that lit cigar in his mouth. Yuk.:p

The ship was even delayed from leaving from St. Thomas for over a half hour, because we were waiting for that bunch to get back to the ship. I think we should have left them to figure out how they'd get back to Fort Lauderdale.

Yeah, my vacation would have been plenty complete without that bunch of yahoos.

Well, you are right. I just didn't know how to say it and sugar-coated the post. Didn't want to get banned for life on HAL. I only saw him once, and he wasn't very friendly to passengers who tried to engage in conversation. My wife said the young men acted like jerks romping around the ship. It will be interesting to see if the new season is on the closed circuit TV when we cruise in mid May. I know there were a few female contestants (chefs), but I didn't see any of them.

Archived