The Real Housewives of HAL TV show

nitnyleo

Heard that there are thoughts to do a "real housewives" series on a world cruise aboard either HAL or Princess. Is this a good thing? While I won't be aboard, I don't think I'd like a TV crew onboard for a hundred days . . . how can regular passengers not be inconvenienced?

It would be a great marketing coup for whichever line gets to host it.

...unless the "ladies" who are being followed during the show are nasty, self-absorbed b****es like the other "Real Housewives".

Now if they wanted to do a show about Grumpy and Slinkie going around the world, that I'd watch!

If it was on a HAL ship, or any cruiseliner, there is a good chance I would watch it...

More intriguing would be a Real cruiseliner worker doco, following the lives of the people making a crust out of service on the high seas....

:D:D:D

Heard that there are thoughts to do a "real housewives" series on a world cruise aboard either HAL or Princess. Is this a good thing? While I won't be aboard, I don't think I'd like a TV crew onboard for a hundred days . . . how can regular passengers not be inconvenienced?
Trust me. They wouldn't be onboard for 100 days. They would shoot that whole thing during one segment of the cruise and then the film crew would disembark in order to take the footage back to their studio and edit it. There is no way any tv network is gonna devote 100 days to shooting a television series.

I doubt very much the other passengers would be at all inconvenienced by the filming. Oh, the crew may occasionally take over a bar or lounge during the daytime, when it wasn't getting much use anyway, but I think the excitement of having a film crew onboard and the possibility of seeing yourself in various background scenes and whatnot would more than make up for what little inconvenience there would be.

I think the idea of shooting a series on a cruise ship is an absolutely wonderful idea, and I would probably watch ... at least the first episode to see how well it was done.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I doubt very much the other passengers would be at all inconvenienced by the filming. Oh, the crew may occasionally take over a bar or lounge during the daytime, when it wasn't getting much use anyway, but I think the excitement of having a film crew onboard and the possibility of seeing yourself in various background scenes and whatnot would more than make up for what little inconvenience there would be.

A number of years ago, Scotty was aboard the 12th cruise of Zuiderdam when MTV was filming a documentary about the RSVP Charter. The film crew had to alert all passengers that if anyone didn't want their face to be shown, that they had to get their photograph taken so they could be edited out.

Trust me. They wouldn't be onboard for 100 days. They would shoot that whole thing during one segment of the cruise and then the film crew would disembark in order to take the footage back to their studio and edit it. There is no way any tv network is gonna devote 100 days to shooting a television series.

Uh, actually, you're incorrect. I happen to be a regular viewer of the Real Housewives programs on Bravo. In point of fact, those shows are shot over a 3-4 month period, and in some cases longer.

I doubt if this program would actually be made, but, if it were, I would certainly watch it. The 'Housewives' shows are fantastic !!! :)

I once lived in LA and was inconvenienced a number of times . . . the worst being when they overtook MY beach (after I called off sick so I could take a mental health day) .

I can understand the "fascination" of some of the pax. And, perhaps with the newer/smaller cameras, they will be less obtrusive than they were . . . but movie/tv/news crews tend to be a pain the butt.

How can I get on this show:D.

Con some rich schlep to marry you and foot all your bills, pump yourself up with so much botox and collagen that you start looking like the King Tut exhibit. Sit around drinking Cosmos all day, and do the pool boy in the cabana.

Con some rich schlep to marry you and foot all your bills, pump yourself up with so much botox and collagen that you start looking like the King Tut exhibit. Sit around drinking Cosmos all day, and do the pool boy in the cabana.

How does one sign on for Cosmos and pool boys only? ;)

Rochelle

lol!

Pipedreams . . . I always love your pictorials . . .

but you may have missed the mark on this one . . .

The show isn't about "men who became women and then became housewives".

Surely, you must have a pic of Goldie Hawn from First Wives Club . . . surely . . .

Pipedreams . . . I always love your pictorials . . .

but you may have missed the mark on this one . . .

The show isn't about "men who became women and then became housewives".

Surely, you must have a pic of Goldie Hawn from First Wives Club . . . surely . . .

Believe it or not that is a woman, Jocelyn Wildenstein. Her husband was some billionaire art dealer or something . Big New York socialites. When he started having affairs with other women, she started having plastic surgery. She had dozens of surgeries and spent millions of dollars. The New Post (witty headliners that they are known to be:)) call her "The Lion King" and "The Bride of Wildenstein"

Believe it or not that is a woman, Jocelyn Wildenstein. Her husband was some billionaire art dealer or something . Big New York socialites. When he started having affairs with other women, she started having plastic surgery. She had dozens of surgeries and spent millions of dollars. The New Post (witty headliners that they are known to be:)) call her "The Lion King" and "The Bride of Wildenstein"

Not to mention, she was a very good looking woman before she went crazy with the surgery. And now she just gets scarier every year.

Not to mention, she was a very good looking woman before she went crazy with the surgery. And now she just gets scarier every year.

So sad. I was watching Celebrity Apprentice for the first time in a long while - Joan Rivers - whoa. :eek: Can't remember what she looked like before, but it is good to be reminded that getting old could be worse. If you get scared looking in the mirror now....I think I'll keep the face I have, thank you!:cool:

botox_1.jpg.ce6b6e9cd3da9465b0af35b3778ba377.jpg

I once lived in LA and was inconvenienced a number of times . . . the worst being when they overtook MY beach (after I called off sick so I could take a mental health day) .

I can understand the "fascination" of some of the pax. And, perhaps with the newer/smaller cameras, they will be less obtrusive than they were . . . but movie/tv/news crews tend to be a pain the butt.

There has been a movie company using our condo building penthouse for a tv series and they are a nuisance. Hog one of the elevators, equipment all over the place etc. On land there are trucks, and wires and cords everywhere, food stations etc. Probably in the way on a ship too.

Archived