"Formal" Nights

bobfoltz

We'll be sailing northbond on the Carnival Spirit departing May 27th. I know Carnival has redefined their dressy nights, but does anyone know which are the "formal" nights on this cruise.

The first day is at sea (second night) and I agree that this is probaby the first formal night. On this cruise the second at sea day is the last night. Formal nights are "never" the last night since "most" people have to pack and have their bags outside their cabin door that evening. I ruled the third night out since they wouldn't have them back to back.

We're in Juneau until 11:00 p.m. on the 4th night which eliminates this night. We depart Skagway the fifth night at 5:00 but then cruise the Lynn Canal so I doubt this would be a formal night. This leaves after we depart Sitka on the sixth night (also 5:00 p.m.) as the most likely second formal night. This is just my guess and was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

I can only wonder why RCL doesn't publish clearly when the formal nights are on a 7-day cruise. I'll be on Serenade 09/05/2009 and have been wondering the same thing concerning formal nights.

From my experience, formal nights are always on "days at sea". That way the ladies can book time at the salon and look all pretty. They're never the first night or the last night.

Archived