I like Carnival because...

boop3

Hi Fellow Cruisers!

I am thinking of trying a CCL cruise. I had my last cruise on RCL and it was OK.

I liked the idea of not having to fly and took the Explorer out of NJ. It is a nice ship but she needs work. Anyway I was thinking of taking my Dh and 2 DS on a CCL trip.

Tell me why you love Carnival and what ship would be good. The boys are 21 and 14. We are looking to do another Caribbean cruise.

Thanks!

Nora

I have done the Conquest twice & Victory once. Both ships were fun & plenty of things to do & keep you busy. The Conquest was Carribean & the Victory was Canada/New England. Carnival offers a lot on a ship & a cruise is as much fun as you want it to be. I would recommend CCL because I have not had any problems. Again....everyone has the own opinion.

I like Carnival because the food is typically very good, the service is usually more than adequate and the prices are awesome!!! We have never sailed with RCL so I can't compare to that, but have been on Celebrity and truely I prefer Carnival because the prices are better and we like the food better, although the service on Celebrity was perfect, we are more about the price and value than the behind kissing:p;)

The Miracle goes out of NY for carib, Triumph for the Canadian coast thing. I'd pick the Miracle cause it's a Spirit class ship and we LOVE that class, easy to get around but never feels crowded.

Good luck and hope you have a great experience!!

Cheers, Carole

Carnival offers a better package for the buck against RCI, thats why we have more RCI customers returning.

Bigger Cabins, Way Better Food, Military Friendly and great people to be with instead of those uptight holier then thou, want to be high class snobs they have over there.

Fred

I like Carnival because the food is very good.

The main reason why I sail with Carnival is the price. I have only cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and the price was the only difference that I noticed between the two companies.

Carnival offers a better package for the buck against RCI, thats why we have more RCI customers returning.

Bigger Cabins, Way Better Food, Military Friendly and great people to be with instead of those uptight holier then thou, want to be high class snobs they have over there.

Fred

Fred you gotta stop holding back, please tell us how you REALLY feel about RCL people???:p;):p;)

Have done both lines. Like Carnivals food, cabins, prices better!!! In the fall my DH and I went on RC, and this past Feb. went on Carnival with some girlfriends. I walked on the ship and truly felt "ahhhh I'm home!!"

My DH really missed Carnival, he has more fun he says!!!

We both liked the Liberty and The Freedom was a great ship too!!

Thank You for the quick replies.

Not an Uppity snob here :D

But to be honest the price on RCL is going up and I have heard good things about Carnival

plus the bigger rooms sound great. We do spend a good deal of time in our room. We like the balcony.

Thanks again and keep the replies coming!

How do I love Carnival? Let me count the ways..

1) Spirit class ships are the perfect size for me

2) Aft wrap cabins provide a private cruise on a public ship

3) Supper club enables a couple to have an intimate 3 hour dining experience with an amazing view

4) the hot tubs have killer jets

5) dining room has great food (whencompared to other mass produced options)

6) Have had sensitive cabin stewards (thus far). Providing us the space we needed, yet aking sure we had what was needed

Its not that I love carnival

BUT

The only week I can travel this fall I in November

carnival legend $429.00 PP

Any RCI Ship out of FL $699.00

Like I said its not that I love carnival, but I do love saving money!!!!!

Its not that I love carnival

BUT

The only week I can travel this fall I in November

carnival legend $429.00 PP

Any RCI Ship out of FL $699.00

Like I said its not that I love carnival, but I do love saving money!!!!!

Just think about all of the free Pizza and Ice Cream you can have onboard Carnival Legend with those savings !!!

Fred

I like carnival because:

The price is awesome

The service is amazing

The price is awesome

The food is good-very good

The price is awesome

The beds are so comfortable, I sleep like a baby

Oh and did I say the price is awesome?!

I like Carnival because...

24 hour ice cream

24 hour pizza

room service BLT's

traditional dining

singing waiters

Camp Carnival

lower price

While I like RCCL also, I stay with Carnival the most!

:)

I like Carnival because we can cruise in a suite without signing a mortgage.

I like Carnival because they accept 2-year-olds and they change diapers in Camp Carnival. Invaluable for parents with a 2 year old.

I like Carnival because in 5 cruises, we have yet to have a single noteworthy negative experience.

This one's silly, but I like Carnival because they have real teak decks on all outside decks. I don't know why, but I just like that better than a rubber deck.

The 24 hour ice-cream and pizza certainly don't hurt. :D

We've done both, all short cruises from home ports. We like Carnival for the:

24 hour soft serve, (our teenagers do at least!),

larger cabin,

ability to bring on a bottle of wine,

better prices,

a great PVP,

and a generally a relaxed and fun filled time aboard.

If the ports are the the same, and the prices close, I would lean towards Carnival.

However, Royal Caribbean does have a private island stop on the short trips out of Port Canaveral, Carnival does not. We also earn significant points with our RC Visa, that offset the price differences, at least for now.

Both are good, we feel at home on Carnival, that's the kind of people we are. But Royal has a good product, and for us, we will consider both each time.

We've done both, all short cruises from home ports. We like Carnival for the:

24 hour soft serve, (our teenagers do at least!),

larger cabin,

ability to bring on a bottle of wine,

better prices,

a great PVP,

and a generally a relaxed and fun filled time aboard.

If the ports are the the same, and the prices close, I would lean towards Carnival.

However, Royal Caribbean does have a private island stop on the short trips out of Port Canaveral, Carnival does not. We also earn significant points with our RC Visa, that offset the price differences, at least for now.

Both are good, we feel at home on Carnival, that's the kind of people we are. But Royal has a good product, and for us, we will consider both each time.

Carnival has Half Moon Cay

Fred

NO Judgemental Statements here...

Really, I haven't found anything I don't like about CCL. As other posters have said, they have good food (outstanding in the larger ships with Supper Clubs), consistently good service and fun things to do. We like the fact that you can make it as busy or as relaxed a cruise if you want.

If you don't want to fly, you might want to consider going out of Baltimore - it's not a true carribean cruise in that it goes to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk - and while I have not been I have yet to see a bad comment about HMC. You will need to price it though as they are more expensive than going out of FL, and it might be cheaper to fly.

Archived