Formal Nights in the Caribbean

mdmourges

We are sailing this Sat for 11 nights on the Cloud, San Juan to Barbados. The documentation says there should be 3 formal nights, 4 or 5 informal nights and the balance being casual. Do they generally stick to this schedule in the Caribbean or does it tend to be a bit more casual overall? Thanks.

Mark & Janet

Annapolis, MD

We've done a Caribbean Cruise two years ago and the dress code has been the same. Lots of evening gowns and tuxedos for the formal nights. But if you don't want to bring it you can always choose the La Terrazza in the evening. Have a wonderful time. We just disembarked the Cloud 2 weeks ago and we loved it.

A number of our SS cruises have had less formal nights than the website and docs indicated. It has happened on all my Regent cruises, too. This is a pet peeve of mine. Anyway, those listed would be at least informal, and for ladies, this doesn't have to be that different. There will always be at least one formal night (2nd night), and for over a week, I am sure there will be more. My hubby brings a tux anyway, so whether it is 1 or 3, we have the right outfit. Our cruise this week is only 6 nights (we switched to the "a" part, the "b" part has 8 nights) and shows as 3 formal nights. I believe this was not changed from the full 14 nights when they did the description. I fully cannot imagine every other night in 6 nights would be formal.

We just bring clothes for all 3 dress codes that will hold up well. My hubby has finally got enthused about the button down short sleeved shirt this trip, and when I reorganized our closet, I found 3 that I don't think he has ever worn. This will do for casual. We will never look like a fashion magazine, but we do try to fit in and be respectful to all the codes. It is all fun.

Archived