How much time to give for RSVP?

Hi....I'm having a really hard time figuring out a timeline that gives everyone enough time but doesn't leave things to the last minute. I sent my save the date cards 13 months out and that seemed to work well.

Next up is the invitations, how far in advance do I send those out and more importantly, how long do I give people to RSVP?

Hi....I'm having a really hard time figuring out a timeline that gives everyone enough time but doesn't leave things to the last minute. I sent my save the date cards 13 months out and that seemed to work well.

Next up is the invitations' date=' how far in advance do I send those out and more importantly, how long do I give people to RSVP?[/quote']

I am mailing out my invitations/RSVP Cards out tomorrow and my wedding is June 28th and I asked to please respond by May 15th. This way I can have everything sent to Carnival by the end of May.

Aldwyns Bride,

This is kind of a hard one to answer. It really depends on the type of guests you are inviting. I know I know my group would forget to respond if I sent them out too soon. I'm aiming to send out my invites the first of August for a September 1st respond by date (my wedding is October 25). That way I will have all my names and birth dates together about 6 weeks before sail date. So if there are any questions, I have time to address them. Hopefully!

You should be fine.

Hope this helps!:D

• 2 weeks later...

KWilliams did you mean to say that you sent out ur invites one month before your cruise wedding. Or is ur wedding June 28 2010?????

I sent out my invites the beginning of feb and my deposits were due by March 1 but we extended the booking date to the end of March. I also sent out STD emails in January though. Our payments are due Aug 24 and the cruise is Nov 7 so basically I gave ppl 2 months to make the $300 deposit but they have 7 months to pay for the entire cruise.

I wanted to give them a year but my FI and I do things a little backwards and we picked out the cruise before he actually proposed. I wans't willing to send out STDs until we were engaged eventhou I knew we were getting married.

Also we didnt book as a group (we're just all using my PVP to book and she's linking all of our group members) so ppl actually are able to book as late as they want which is really annoying to me.

We are getting Married August 1st. I plan to send the invitations out the Beginning of May and I will give everyone till the 3rd week in June, this will give me a week to get the list together and send it off to Carnival... We gave everyone a 2 year advance notice about the cruise and we booked the cruise a year and a half out, to give everyone time to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

We did everything very far in advancee. Neither my Fiance or I really know what we should do in this scenario. We also knew we wanted to get married on a cruise. We are getting married Feb. 2010 and we send out our invites Feb 09. As we are a younger couple with a lot of young friends we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our friends to plan and save money by giving them as much time as possible to book. We gave 3 months to get the deposit in to our travel agent.

Archived