Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

We booked our cruise onboard the Liberty so I have to pass on the group cruise. Got an onboard credit and a really good rate for a balcony where we wanted it (early saver rate). I'll be on the same cruise (June 22,2010) but won't be partaking in the group cruise. I hope you all have a great time! Even though we're not on the group cruise we can always meet up sometime if you like!

You meant Spirit, right? LOL

It's okay, you can still join in the fun.

You meant Spirit, right? LOL

It's okay, you can still join in the fun.

I booked the SPIRT cruise while on our LIBERTY cruise last week. They gave me a 100 OBC and a good rate to book while on my current cruise plus an empress deck balcony miship cabin.

Well, once we get all setup it wont hurt to have Johna check into it, just to see if she can do better.

Either way, you're already become part of our little Alaskan family, no letting go now.

Did they do better than the posted rates online? I am on the Pride in 23 days, wonder if I need to check them out.

Sorry Dennis, hope it's OK to ask this question. It does get you back on page one again! LOL

Why would I mind? It'll be interesting to compare to the group rates we get.

I know most groups get $100 OBC, but I have no idea how the prices go.

Time will tell. Hopefully not too much time though!

Why would I mind? It'll be interesting to compare to the group rates we get.

I know most groups get $100 OBC, but I have no idea how the prices go.

Time will tell. Hopefully not too much time though!

When you get prices can you check for one person rates please?

When you get prices can you check for one person rates please?

I've already let them know we need single rates as well.

With all the time I have while I wait, I may actually over plan it.

;)

Did they do better than the posted rates online? I am on the Pride in 23 days, wonder if I need to check them out.

Sorry Dennis, hope it's OK to ask this question. It does get you back on page one again! LOL

There is no rates online (I checked yesterday) for the June 22nd 2010 Spirit cruise so I can't compare.

There is no rates online (I checked yesterday) for the June 22nd 2010 Spirit cruise so I can't compare.

Your right, and I do not understand that. The rates were up two weeks ago for 2010; and now they have been taken down. Wonder what is going on?

Your right, and I do not understand that. The rates were up two weeks ago for 2010; and now they have been taken down. Wonder what is going on?

That is strange I thought too! When we booked the cruise last week on the Liberty their computers there (carnival.com) showed the rates and the pvp there onboard was able to book us...but now they don't show up. HMMMM

Thanks for the link. For some reason you can't search Alaska and June 2010 on the mainpage and get rates. Looking at the link you gave shows the early saver balcony 8D at 1189 and we got a rate of 950pp 1st/2nd for the same category (8d empress deck cabin)...and if it goes down we can get an OBC for the difference.

They just changed the prices for the oceanview and the Balony since two days ago for May and Sept. The inside went up. I followed the link and checked the May and Sept prices, I had them all wrote down - I did not have the June prices wrote down. You need to be careful of the super saver, there is another thread about someone needing to change something and it totally impossible. She said it would cost her about $500. or more.

I hope that if these prices continue like this Cruise critic will go back to their old group style. They used to let you have groups the communicated on this site and planned activities and was not based on group booking through an agency. You just had to have 20 people interested in being a cruise critic group.

I hope that if these prices continue like this Cruise critic will go back to their old group style. They used to let you have groups the communicated on this site and planned activities and was not based on group booking through an agency. You just had to have 20 people interested in being a cruise critic group.

They still let anybody going on the cruise use the site.

My July cruise is one of them, I booked on my own, but still talk to the folks on the CC Group, it has it's own area here.

Alaska is a destination that we have been discussing. I am right real glad to know that there is a cc cruise going at an opportune time.

I will have an answer in about a week if I am able to be in or out.

Alaska is a destination that we have been discussing. I am right real glad to know that there is a cc cruise going at an opportune time.

I will have an answer in about a week if I am able to be in or out.

We'd be happy to add you to our new Alaskan Family.

You need to be careful of the super saver, there is another thread about someone needing to change something and it totally impossible. She said it would cost her about $500. or more.

For the Early saver it's 50.00 to change it to another ship or sail date (much different then 500!)

And when you book the group cruise the TA does charge a 50.00 cancellation fee so I figured either way there's a 50.00 charge.

They used to have Cruise Critic Groups meet here on the Formums and then have Meet and Greet on the ships with a special party if you got up t0 20 - 25 Cruise Critic members. You may still be able to do just under the Roll calls.

I know everyone can talk that was not what I was referring to.

And as for the Early Saver, I have not checked it out other than reading the other thread, the $500 was something they wrote. Something about losing their whole deposit or a name change since someone could not go as planned. All I said is research anything we do.

Have a Great TuesdaY! Hopefully all will hear something today!

And as for the Early Saver, I have not checked it out other than reading the other thread, the $500 was something they wrote. Something about losing their whole deposit or a name change since someone could not go as planned.

See with early saver you cannot cancel or you do lose your deposit however you can change the ship or date with a 50 fee. They must have cancelled altogether or something. And another good thing to obtain is travel insurance!

I know what you meant, they still do it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Each CC cruise has it's own section.

I'm on the Miracle in July, which is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=534

And even though I booked it before I knew about CC, I plan to be part of any group activities. The few people on so far have been very welcoming.

We'd be happy to add you to our new Alaskan Family.

i found out. :(

the answer is NO. i was informed that i would be in recovery from surgery, and would benefit from bed rest, not running all over the united states and beyond.

at least i got a commitment on the procedure! :p

Archived