Could We Hitch a Ride??

Mskala

:confused:We'll be sailing on the Pride in September and one of the ports of call is Port Canaveral.

Carnival has tickets for each Disney park for $150 per person per park. However, I can purchase the tickets for half the price directly from Disney and get admission to all 3 parks.

My question is, can we hitch a ride with the Carnival cruisers to the parks or will we have to arrange, and pay for, our own transporation once we arrive at port?

Any help would be great.

I know on NCL they offer both the package, and just the bus. If your cruise isn't offering that, I sincerely doubt they will let you ride along.

I'd suggest you post this question on the port of call board as I've read several postings where people rented cars very cheaply for the day. I'm sure you can find someone on that board to assist you finding transportation.

CG

If you're just there for the day--it's about 1 hour to Orlando and an hour back...you won't have time to do 3 parks!!! (I'm assuming this is not at the end of your cruise...)

If this IS a 1 day trip, I doubt you'll get your money's worth out of it--Disney requires much more time to fully experience any of the parks!

If you can't get a transportation only package from the cruise line, you can rent a car. There are a couple of companies right outside the cruise terminal, and you can rent a car for less than $40/day (which is all you would need.) If that charge plus the cost to park at Disney and top of the gas tank (you won't use a full tank) is a good savings from the cruise ship transport, I'd give it a try, or if you can't get cruise transport. We rented a car from the Orlando airport and dropped it off at Port Canaveral with no problem. This would just be round trip from Port Canaveral. You could also check with Disney, because they may offer some transportation to and from the cruise ships.

Archived