NCL Dawn VS Caribbean Princess?

kimstoess

I have been on both and am booked on both again this year. It all depends on your children and their age. The AB is great and has one huge bed with a bathroom with double sinks, a jacuzzi bath overlooking the ocean with a flat screen TV over it and a large shower with four jets that give the best massage. There is a separate toilet area and you get upgraded linens and huge towels. The second bedroom is small and similar to an inside cabin with a sofa that turns into a bed as well as a pull down bed above it. It as its own bathroom (just like that of an insude cabin) with plenty of storage. The AB also comes with a living room and dining table with four chairs, a cappuchino/coffee machine, treats delivered every night and a butler and concierge. There is plenty of room in the cabin for 5 and you get to eat breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaraunt. Steak and eggs, shrimp cocktail, crabcakes, eggs benedict, etc.

The Princess balcony cabin is nice but has no sofa, just a chair by the balcony, and a bathroom with a small shower. The closet storage is ample and I don't remember any real perks. I ask for an eggcrate to go over my mattress as I found them rather hard and do like the linens and towels.

Food on both are subjective- I enjoyed the food on both but the seafood buffets on Princess and the desserts have it over the Dawn.

If I had a choice, hands down the AB. I like the pampering that comes with the "suite life" on NCL, the treats, the special cocktail party, the robes, the bath salts , the ability to order off of any menu for dinner and have an entire meal delivered to my cabin.

I have been on both and am booked on both again this year. It all depends on your children and their age. The AB is great and has one huge bed with a bathroom with double sinks, a jacuzzi bath overlooking the ocean with a flat screen TV over it and a large shower with four jets that give the best massage. There is a separate toilet area and you get upgraded linens and huge towels. The second bedroom is small and similar to an inside cabin with a sofa that turns into a bed as well as a pull down bed above it. It as its own bathroom (just like that of an insude cabin) with plenty of storage. The AB also comes with a living room and dining table with four chairs, a cappuchino/coffee machine, treats delivered every night and a butler and concierge. There is plenty of room in the cabin for 5 and you get to eat breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaraunt. Steak and eggs, shrimp cocktail, crabcakes, eggs benedict, etc.

The Princess balcony cabin is nice but has no sofa, just a chair by the balcony, and a bathroom with a small shower. The closet storage is ample and I don't remember any real perks. I ask for an eggcrate to go over my mattress as I found them rather hard and do like the linens and towels.

Food on both are subjective- I enjoyed the food on both but the seafood buffets on Princess and the desserts have it over the Dawn.

If I had a choice, hands down the AB. I like the pampering that comes with the "suite life" on NCL, the treats, the special cocktail party, the robes, the bath salts , the ability to order off of any menu for dinner and have an entire meal delivered to my cabin.

I have not yet sailed NCL, but from what you say I too would do the NCL AB suite.

I have sailed both the NCL Dawn and the CB. Normally, I would choose Princess over NCL, however, the AB Penthouse suite we sailed in on the Dawn was amazing. I preferred it over all the other suites I have sailed in. As such, I would vote for the Dawn.

Archived