Mariner Mexican Riviera Cruisers

Let's help each other out! I have seen so many posts looking for the new menus,also for Compasses that are current but after the inaugural cruise as parades, daylight savings(affecting port/ship times for booking excursions and such) and a few things have changed since then and Adventure Ocean Compasses for the kids activities. I will be happy to bring this info home after our cruise, but that is not until June. If there is anyone cruising sooner that could supply this info, or some of this info, it would be useful for those of us who love to plan ahead :D If you can help, please just post the date of your cruise and what info you can supply for us upon your return- then we can work together and gather all the info we need.

Let's help each other out! I have seen so many posts looking for the new menus,also for Compasses that are current but after the inaugural cruise as parades, daylight savings(affecting port/ship times for booking excursions and such) and a few things have changed since then and Adventure Ocean Compasses for the kids activities. I will be happy to bring this info home after our cruise, but that is not until June. If there is anyone cruising sooner that could supply this info, or some of this info, it would be useful for those of us who love to plan ahead :D If you can help, please just post the date of your cruise and what info you can supply for us upon your return- then we can work together and gather all the info we need.

I'm so glad to see this post! My question is about the port/ship time. I know Mexico time changes on April 5. The ship moves clocks forward one hour? I want to make sure I've got the time thing correct before I book excursions. Maybe someone from the 4-5 sailing can clarify when they return? Thanks!

Well so far no one has helped us except for the question of dodgeball and I guess the one cruiser with the compasses isn't coming back. Guess we will have to keep our eye out on those who come back and post. I am trying to figure out what time it will be in PV when we go - its too confusing with the US on a different daylight time schedule than the rest of the countries and the ship on a different time than the place you are visiting.

Thanks for starting this thread! I too am looking for the menus so I can figure out what nights our group would like to go to Chops & Portofinos. I found one set of Compasses & Menus but was told that they are not current...back to square one.

Thanks to anyone willing to help us out here!

I'm so glad to see this post! My question is about the port/ship time. I know Mexico time changes on April 5. The ship moves clocks forward one hour? I want to make sure I've got the time thing correct before I book excursions. Maybe someone from the 4-5 sailing can clarify when they return? Thanks!

So what time do you think PV will be when they change time tomorrow? I am also trying to figure out what time for excursions. I know they are on Central time correct?

This is great. Is there a regular schedule for the 'open' or 'free' skate (i.e. when passengers can skate)? Daily or?

There will be times for ice skating posted in the cruise compass. I recall that there was as least one session each day and on the last day there was time for skating for most of the day with the first 45 minute session for "advanced" skaters who had their own ice skates.

So what time do you think PV will be when they change time tomorrow? I am also trying to figure out what time for excursions. I know they are on Central time correct?

Yes....PV is on Central time (2hrs) and Cabo and Mazatlan are 1 hour ahead April 5. I had it all figured out..... then I read on the compass that the ship moves the clocks 1 hour ahead. That is where I get confused when looking at the port arrival time!

if you book your excursions from the ship they will have you on the right schedule. if you book them from a vendor at the port, just tell them which ship and the date. they all know the schedules. it is not a problem.

the "compass" every day will tell you what schedule you are on and when to change your clocks. (watches).

they all do this all year.:D

I think we can't count out klbrabec our March 15th cruiser to get those compasses to us- I'm still holding out hope.

We obviously still need help from April cruisers, especially to figure the ship/port time questions with the daylight savings change taking place. Many are still looking for the current menus as well, it seems that the changes on the menu are minimal from what I have gathered, but I'm sure someone will bring us back the official info soon.

Thanks to all who are willing to help us planners out!

Here's a link to the Mariner compasses I looked at before our Mexican Riviera cruise: http://travel.webshots.com/album/570352188YMVNWx

As for the time differences, on our cruise we didn't change ship time but the US was on DST and Mexico wasn't. It's my understanding that they usually change the clock one hour forward the first night and change the clock back one hour on the last night. Therefore, the ship time will be the same as the time in Cabo and Mazatlan. The ship time will be one hour behind the time in Puerto Vallarta.

Hope that helps.

Here's a link to the Mariner compasses I looked at before our Mexican Riviera cruise: http://travel.webshots.com/album/570352188YMVNWx

As for the time differences, on our cruise we didn't change ship time but the US was on DST and Mexico wasn't. It's my understanding that they usually change the clock one hour forward the first night and change the clock back one hour on the last night. Therefore, the ship time will be the same as the time in Cabo and Mazatlan. The ship time will be one hour behind the time in Puerto Vallarta.

Hope that helps.

the compasses you posted were from the 2/22 cruise. i heard their itinerary was not the same as usual. what was your dates? and what differences were there? the 2/22 sailing, i heard had no parades.:confused:

We sailed on the March 15th cruise. They had two parades. I don't remember when the first one was but the second was at 5:30 on the second formal night which was Friday. Otherwise, I think the posted Compasses were pretty spot on for our itinerary.

We sailed on the March 15th cruise. They had two parades. I don't remember when the first one was but the second was at 5:30 on the second formal night which was Friday. Otherwise, I think the posted Compasses were pretty spot on for our itinerary.

thank you. gee 5:30 i've never been to a parade that wasn't at 11pm.

how about the menus? i've heard they've changed.

what nite did you go to the ice show? and the QUEST? love and marriage? deck party and buffet at the pool late at nite?:confused:

thanx chip!:)

I had to look at the times on my digital pics to make sure it was indeed 5:30 and I wasn't going senile. I was correct but I do remember that the parade early in the week was around 11 PM. I'm thinking it was on Monday night.

I don't know if the menus have changed. I thought the food was uninspiring. However, I thought the beef dishes I had were really good.

We went to the ice show on Wednesday night at 9 PM. This was the night that there wasn't a regular show in the theatre. I got this information from the Compasses from the link I posted earlier so we knew what night to get tickets for the ice show. Love & Marriage was around 11 PM on this night. The pool party was that night also.

Quest was on Thursday night around 11 PM. I'm still in shock at what people will do for a key chain. :)

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the info! That is exactly the way I thought it would be....just wanted to be sure before booking excursions.

Archived