Post Cruise Advice Desperately Needed

tineedancer

Our cruise disembarkation begins at 8:00am and we don't leave Miami Airport until 6PM. My husband and I would like to spend some time at a quality beach in Miami and then get transferred to Miami airport. We arrive back in the Port of Miami on a Sunday.

Does anyone have any advice for us? What do we do with our luggage?

What beach front hotel may offer half day or day packages? Are there any shore excursions that offers beach trips? We would appreciate any suggestions and thank all who respond.

Tineedancer

If you go to the Port of Call forums and click on Florida, you'll find plenty of information there. We'll be cruising from Florida in September and I've found that particular forum extremely helpful.

Enjoy your cruise.

Carol

Couple of thoughts....if they have started the luggage valet system back up in Miami you can say bye bye to your luggage at the pickup carousel in port as you disembark. They had canceled that for a bit. Anyway worth the $20 a person to do that.

Then you are on your own. Pack a carryon type bag with your beach clothes and head over to South Beach via taxi. Research somewhere you might change OR wear your beach clothes under your regulars ... remember what you want to change to for plan travel. And taxi to airport. Our fees to taxi to both of those was approx. $25 not counting tip each way.

Lou

Our cruise disembarkation begins at 8:00am and we don't leave Miami Airport until 6PM. My husband and I would like to spend some time at a quality beach in Miami and then get transferred to Miami airport. We arrive back in the Port of Miami on a Sunday.

Does anyone have any advice for us? What do we do with our luggage?

What beach front hotel may offer half day or day packages? Are there any shore excursions that offers beach trips? We would appreciate any suggestions and thank all who respond.

Tineedancer

Book a tour with the company, we had one that took us to the everglades then onto Miami airport. we put our luggage on the coach and didn't see it again until we reached the airport, there were several options for tours

Your best bet is to book a hotel room for the day (even if you have to pay a "full" rate), so you can use the pool, have a bathroom, can shower, etc....

Even if you take a post-cruise excursion, you'll still have hours to kill--not much fun!

Archived