what happens if rates go down and you booked with early saver?

Sigyn

We booked with Early Saver rates. Those rates disappear five months before your cruise. What happens if we see the rates for the other categories drop before our cruise? I know that even after you pay in full you can still get a price adjustment if you booked via Early Saver rates. But what rate will they base the adjustment on? The lowest available?

Thanks!

I recently got an actual price reduction before final payment with the Early Savers... I didn't think it worked that way... Has anyone applied for a reduction before final payment? Did they get OBC or a real price reduction?

I recently got an actual price reduction before final payment with the Early Savers... I didn't think it worked that way... Has anyone applied for a reduction before final payment? Did they get OBC or a real price reduction?

we got a price deduction

We booked with Early Saver rates. Those rates disappear five months before your cruise. What happens if we see the rates for the other categories drop before our cruise? I know that even after you pay in full you can still get a price adjustment if you booked via Early Saver rates. But what rate will they base the adjustment on? The lowest available?

Thanks!

You're not necessarily interested in the Early Saver rates after you book Early Saver, rather you're interested in any carnival-advertised rate, that you're eligible for, that's lower than your Early Saver booked rate - then you submit the request form.

If, for your Cruise/CabinCategory, a Fun Select rate that's lower than your Early Saver Rate, is advertised by Carnival, submit the form. If you're a Past Guest, and a lower Past Guest rate than your Early Saver Rate is advertised by Carnival, submit the form. If you're a (Florida) Resident, and a lower (Florida) Resident Rate than your Early Saver rate is advertised by Carnival, submit the form. Etc., Etc.... This can go on until 2 days before sailing, which is the advantage of the Early Saver.

ken

Price reduction up until final payment, then OBC after that.

My rate is so low right now, I can't imagine it going any lower, LOL. I've saved/gotten price reductions about $920 (on 2 cabins) since I originally booked, betwen price drops and changing to Early Saver's Rate.

Price reduction up until final payment, then OBC after that.

My rate is so low right now, I can't imagine it going any lower, LOL. I've saved/gotten price reductions about $920 (on 2 cabins) since I originally booked, betwen price drops and changing to Early Saver's Rate.

NO - the Early Saver is defined as OBC prior to and after Final Payment deadline.

ken

NO - the Early Saver is defined as OBC prior to and after Final Payment deadline.

ken

It doesn't matter what they define it as ....Carnival does what they want plain and simple. I got mine as a rate reduction and a new invoice was issued. I don't sail until October. I've read multiple replies where people have been given a reduced rate and not OBC. Carnival has made these changes so darn confusing that I don't even think they know what they are doing half the time.

ken

They can "define" it however they want...I've filled out the form twice now, on two cabins, and have received price reduction (as have the other 30+ people who are travelling with me..we're in 16 cabins, total at this point). I was told it's price reduction until final payment is due/penalty phase, then it's OBC.

ken

On the Early Saver FAQ it does say that, but in reality Carnival decided to just adjust the price before final payment and give OBC after Final payment is due.

I didn't even have to fill out the form. Since this is the first time dealing with the Early Saver, emailed my PVP that I saw rate had gone down and what did I need to do? She emailed back yes, I changed it, here's your adjusted invoice.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

go here and fill out form. it took us three days to get a response

Just an FYI, you may not get a notification, but you can check your docs to see if the OBC was applied.

My rate has dropped 3 times, I only received one notification that the drops were approved. All 3 show as obc, though.

Thanks!

but it has to be on the carnival site, NO OUTSIDE SITE VACATION HOST SITES ARE ACCEPTED.

How do you check the Florida resident rates? I booked Early Saver rate for my Sept. cruise but have only seen "Cash Back", "Fun Saver", and "Early Saver". I want to make sure I check all rates I could qualify for to see if they go down.

How do you check the Florida resident rates? I booked Early Saver rate for my Sept. cruise but have only seen "Cash Back", "Fun Saver", and "Early Saver". I want to make sure I check all rates I could qualify for to see if they go down.

On Carnival.com do a cruise search for your cruise using the Quick Search blue box on the middle-left of the Home page, and check-off your state in the Special Rates Advanced Search box. ( You can also checkoff the 55+ and the Past Guest as appropriate). IF there's a Resident rate currently being offered for your state, it will be displayed with the other rates including the Early Saver rate. ken

Archived