Past guest rates vs senior rates?

Anjanu

I noticed that I can get a price drop of $158 if I change my booking from past guest to senior rate. My 77 year old mother is going with me.

As a past guest using a senior rate, what would I be losing out on? This will be my 5th cruise with Carnival and of course I'm working on platinum status. Would this cruise still count towards that goal?

I know this is clear as mud but I'm hoping someone can help!

Thanks!

I never did understand why past guest rates vs senior rates are sometimes higher or vice versa. If I were a loyal customer towards a particular cruise line that would concern me. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it?

I never did understand why past guest rates vs senior rates are sometimes higher or vice versa. If I were a loyal customer towards a particular cruise line that would concern me. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it?

My experience past guest has always been lower then senior rates..........

didn't know they offered sr rates:eek:what age do they consider old;) Some places give u AARP if ur 50!

will say that everytime ive priced out past guest or military there isn't a big difference yet military always wins:)

Thanks for the quick response!

One more question. I won't be invited to the past guest party if I use the senior rate, correct?:(

Using different rates have absolutely nothing to do with your past guest status......yes you will get an invite.

They should have a list of every cruise you have been on......

One more question. I won't be invited to the past guest party if I use the senior rate, correct?:(

You'll still be able to attend since you initially booked with the past guest rate it is on your reservation and does not change the fact that you are in fact a past guest.

Of course you will. Seniors are people too, we get invited because we are past guests, not because we used a past guest rate.

You'll still be able to attend since you initially booked with the past guest rate it is on your reservation and does not change the fact that you are in fact a past guest.

The past guest party has nothing to do with if you were booked under a past guest rate. not connected

In the last 7 years of booking Carnival using the senior rate, I have never seen the past guest rate be lower than the senior rate. Most of the time the upgrades are not availible using the senior rate but since we usually book Cat 11 upgrades don't matter in our case. The few times we have booked oceanview on Fantasy class the senior rate has also beat the past guest rate.

Just to let ya'll know-my DH is the senior, not me LOL. As I like to say, sometimes it pays to be married to a old geezer.

My friend is retired military and he really gets an even better rate the my geezer.

Archived