Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Evening all and welcome busymomofboys, please be sure and stop by our Calif Thread also by clicking on our Calif link below our signatures. We have a group Calif Cruise planned on the Mariner for April 10, 2011, 7 days, hope you can join us. I am the keeper of the Roll Call List and my name is Gay, DH is John and we live in Palm Springs.

Gay

Hey Corkey Carol I live in Antioch also. Been here since 1979. Lived in Concord before that.

My hubby and I went to Alaska this year for our 30th Anniversary on the Coral Princess. It was great and can't wait to cruise again. We left out of Vancouver and enjoyed that city so much for 2 days, want to go back there also.

I will wave over the fence tonight to you HI Carol. :D

Oh there you are Busy -- ha!ha! I saw your post on the CA one - welcome to both!! always love hearing from you -- Congrats on your 30th Anniversary - my friends from FL went on their first cruise also, on Princess's Island Princess to AK last June and they loved it. I don't think we can give out addresses here so you can email me :

c a r f i e l d t n e p o at c o m c a s t dot net.

Corkey Carol

Good morning, and a good Sunday to you. Carol our calif List is really growing. If everyone went on the Cruise we could fill the Mariner up. :)

Gay

Our CA Cruisers folks come and go - but I still depend on the regulars to keep it up - carol

Hehe yup mom though my kids are now older so not as busy, but still mom of boys. My first name is Libby

We don't have kids - but I think Mom of boys would be more fun than Mom of girls - for me.... I don't want to offend those who have only girls! carol

I'm catching up with my posting this week. I look in often, but don't post as much. Welcome to the thread to the 'newbies' out there. We leave in 1 week for our wine cruise. The suitcases are coming out tonight! :D

Have fun and tell Rosalyn to have fun too!

Carol

Good evening Carol and all the left coast cruisers!!

Its almost here!!!! We board the Infinity this Friday!!WOOHOO:D Can't wait!!! I only work 5 hrs tomorrow, so I'll spend the rest of the day packing.

Carol, I'll tell you all about the ship when I get back, I'll try real hard to keep the ship in top shape for you:D

Melody

Good evening Carol and all the left coast cruisers!!

Its almost here!!!! We board the Infinity this Friday!!WOOHOO:D Can't wait!!! I only work 5 hrs tomorrow, so I'll spend the rest of the day packing.

Carol, I'll tell you all about the ship when I get back, I'll try real hard to keep the ship in top shape for you:D

Melody

I'll be thinking of you! Most of the reviews I have been reading are positive re: the Infinity. You have a nice cruise and lots of fun!! Carol

Hi Carol and left coasters! Been a busy Sept for us. Works getting in the way, and we had to move our cruise from Feb to March. But fortunately, we're still going. And now the timing works out for friends we met last Feb in the Caribbean to join us - so it's all good. :D

Hi Carol and left coasters! Been a busy Sept for us. Works getting in the way, and we had to move our cruise from Feb to March. But fortunately, we're still going. And now the timing works out for friends we met last Feb in the Caribbean to join us - so it's all good. :D

Hi! always good to hear from you - The Sapphire is a beautiful ship, I am sure you are looking forward to it and with the way time flies, you'll be on her in no time. Never been on Princess (except once in '95) but we have docked by the Sapphire a couple of times in Mexico and she's huge and beautiful. Heads up!! come April 2010, we are planning a SPRING FLING COMBO LUNCH for the Ca Cruisers Nor-Cal/So-Cal groups in the Morro Bay/ SLO area - in case you would like to spend the day or the weekend, that's where we plan to be - no dates yet... but that's The Plan -- all folks welcome - don't have to be from CA, just cruise fans!!

Carol

Had to ask this...

Corkie Carol, name is familiar...knew a Corkie many years past, pro surfer, tennis pro, musician...one in the same?

Thanks for the reply

I only wish -- I can't swim - I have no clue as to how to hold a tennis racket and I play the piano with one finger!! No, I am Corkey cuz when I signed up with CC, I needed a handle name real fast and I thought of someone who once said I was a corker, whatever that meant!! so that's how I chose my CC name... I hope you find your real Corkie friend.

I do love to cruise - Carol

Afternoon all, sorry I have been MIA, been busy helping John with an upcoming banquet for a meeting next weekend at the Legion Postby taking reservations and food orders, plus making up name Badges. Finished that part today.

Carol we will be meeting up with Marcia on the 22nd of Oct for dinner, she's coming down for a meeting.

Gay

Hello all,

I'm a little late to this message board, but we're a family from Oregon who loves to cruise.

We are fairly new to cruising (going on #4 this spring), but all of them have been out of Florida. (Gotta love plane rides, ugh) Being from the NW, we like to get away to somewhere warm with beaches!! Unfortunately for us, the most popular port that is our closest, is Seattle, and those seem to be bound for Alaska.

My family wishes very much that there was more Mexican cruise options from the NW to avoid airfare. Let's face it, Northwest people want to get away when the rain sets in, and how nice would it be to be able to hop on a ship and go south??? (without airfare!!) Does anyone know if any ships have ever tried an itinerary from the NW to Mexico? I'd love to see that happen.

Hi NW -

Gosh, now you got me thinking. I know the repo sailings are from Vancouver during Sept- the last of the AK cruises where the ships sail down south and then resume the Mexico cruises. There are also sailings from SF so you need to drive in order to sail from SF to Mexico.

Welcome to this thread - I hope more folks find us and contribute to some cruise chatter.

When we started cruising 20 yrs ago, we went to the Caribbean and had to fly from SF to Miami - now that we are older, we are also wanting to avoid flying from coast to coast or to Miami.

Corkey Carol

Welcome NW and please stop by our Calif Thread. The link is below Carols signature and mine. As a matter of fact, we do have a group Cruise planned for all our Left Coast Cruisers, April 10, 2011 on the Mariner out of San Pedro. Hope you can join us. That would be a great cruise for all of you from Oregon to Mex, the Cruise lines should consider that.

Gay

Hello all,

I'm a little late to this message board, but we're a family from Oregon who loves to cruise.

We are fairly new to cruising (going on #4 this spring), but all of them have been out of Florida. (Gotta love plane rides, ugh) Being from the NW, we like to get away to somewhere warm with beaches!! Unfortunately for us, the most popular port that is our closest, is Seattle, and those seem to be bound for Alaska.

My family wishes very much that there was more Mexican cruise options from the NW to avoid airfare. Let's face it, Northwest people want to get away when the rain sets in, and how nice would it be to be able to hop on a ship and go south??? (without airfare!!) Does anyone know if any ships have ever tried an itinerary from the NW to Mexico? I'd love to see that happen.

Hi~

Not sure about one from Oregon to Mexico but I know there is one sailing right now from Oregon to San Diego. The X's Mille on a west coast wine tour. It was in SF overnight on Monday/Tuesday then to Monterey and Catalina ending in SD.

Barb

Hi~

Not sure about one from Oregon to Mexico but I know there is one sailing right now from Oregon to San Diego. The X's Mille on a west coast wine tour. It was in SF overnight on Monday/Tuesday then to Monterey and Catalina ending in SD.

Barb

I think that started in Vancouver Barb - CruisinMinnie (Nancy) is on that ship now. Can't wait to hear all about it. Next yr it has the same route and our friends from NJ will be on it. I already have my Sept day marked on the 2010 calendar so I can meet them in SF for lunch or dinner.

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if we had a regular ship that sailed from SF along the northern coast - or even from SF to Catalina, San Diego, on a permanent schedule - this way we don't have to go to San Pedro or Seattle. Great for us local bay area folks. Carol

Archived