Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Hey Chris - thanx for stopping by Son - don't know how to be a Mom so you'll need to give me pointers - heehee -- glad you stopped by - corkey mom.

Quick peak......

Corkey mom before you sign up to be "mom" you might want to review other options. I'll help as much as possible, however, there's no guarantees. I really miss all of you an soon will be back, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can.:D

Gay...I have a reputation to keep and "trouble" is my first, middle, and last name. The day I'm not in trouble is the day everyone will wonder "What's UP". :confused: I'll let you know and we'll definitely bring our swim suits...

I hope you all enjoy your weekend and get some rest for me.......

C-Ya!

Chris

Don't work too hard Chris - yep, I think I can only be Corkey for now! heeeeheee!

for everyone who has signed up for the Left Coast Cruisers April 10 2011 cruise, we now have an official Roll Call set up on the Mariner thread -- join us there!!

Carol

Don't work too hard Chris - yep, I think I can only be Corkey for now! heeeeheee!

for everyone who has signed up for the Left Coast Cruisers April 10 2011 cruise, we now have an official Roll Call set up on the Mariner thread -- join us there!!

Carol

Yep... Carol is right. We are waiting for you !!! Laura

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=976334117487639_8144c2d491_m.jpg

Yep... Carol is right. We are waiting for you !!! Laura

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=976334117487639_8144c2d491_m.jpg

Carol

Laura & Carol...yep that is a great thread that Gay set up and we already have 275 post and only been operational for two weeks...we will hve well over 10,000 by the time we cruise...:D

Chris...Don't work too hard. Send us photos love to see the progress and finished product. :p

Gay...Have a great time in Las Vegas and win lots of money...you lucky girl. We will miss you here...so hurry back.

Char =)

We just started cruising in 2006. A good friend talked us into our first trip and now we are hooked. Three cruises so far and we are headed to Alaska in August, HAL Veendam.

Our first cruise was out of New York, New England states and the St. Lawrence Seaway (HAL Amsterdam). Loved it. Then we did Panama Canal on the Infinity from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Hated the flight home but the cruise was wonderful. We went through Orlando and the flight was crowded with kids that were hyper and exhausted. Worst flight ever, maybe. Next we flew to Amsterdam and cruised the Norweign Fjords on Celebrity Century. Best cruise so far but the flights were killers.

To get to Vancouver for our Alaska trip we have to go from Boise, Idaho (we live in eastern Oregon). Because we are using a certificate from a long (airline caused) delay getting from Chicago to Amsterdam, we are forced to first go to San Francisco to get to Vancouver!!!!

We are already planning a South America cruise in 2011 with our good friend who got us started plus two couples from New Hampshire we met on our Panama Canal cruise. All our cruises except the upcoming Alaska trip have included that good friend who has us addicted to cruising. She is headed to a river cruise on the Danbue.

Any cruise for us would involve a good bit of traveling to get to the ship. My DH is not afraid to fly but he hates being crowded in and the long delays we have experienced. We had a 6-hour layover in Chicago and the the flight was delayed another four hours. That one was really tough as it was then a 12 hour flight to Amsterdam. Didn't think I would get him to fly again.

We love to cruise!!

Elaine

Welcome Elaine - loved reading about your cruises - yes, they are addicting - we started in 1988 and have gone every yr since - can't seem to shake off the habit!

Since we live 55 miles east of SF, I can't imagine going to San Diego then sailing UP and passing or stopping in SF, but why not? it'll make me feel like a tourist - haven't done it yet. I also saw an Alaska route that starts in AK and then passes SF on it's way to SAn Diego - again, I'd have to fly back up!

Carol

Carol: I grew up in the Bay Area. Born in Alameda, lived in Oakland, Castro Valley and San Leandro. I have been gone from there (to a very small town in eastern Oregon, about 1,200 people) for many years but I have fond memories.

I would love to get back to the bay area (haven't been there in at least 20 years) to explore. That four hour layover we have in San Francisco on our way to Vancouver and Alaska just won't do it:D. Maybe some day.

Elaine

Carol: I grew up in the Bay Area. Born in Alameda, lived in Oakland, Castro Valley and San Leandro. I have been gone from there (to a very small town in eastern Oregon, about 1,200 people) for many years but I have fond memories.

I would love to get back to the bay area (haven't been there in at least 20 years) to explore. That four hour layover we have in San Francisco on our way to Vancouver and Alaska just won't do it:D. Maybe some day.

Elaine

Hey! an original CA gal! lots of traffic now in all cities you lived in - Oh! hubby would LOVE to settle down in a small town of 1200 - Antioch is getting too crowded too. 4 hrs in SF? you can't even get to the next block with all the traffic you have to go thru - when we boarded in SF last yr for our May cruise to AK, while we waited for embark. we walked to Caesar's on Bay (?) for lunch - it was about 5 blocks, short ones, and enjoyed another meal there - it's one of our favorites...

come in often! share your cruise stories! Carol

Archived