Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Our two Princess ships have been the Sea & Sun Princess. We took the Sun Princess on the 17 day Panama out of Ft Lauderdale to Seattle in 2006 and felt the Sun Princess was even prettier even though at that time she was 10 yrs old. My only real complaint with Princess is their size of Balcony rooms. Other then that, we are very happy to go with Princess if the itnerary and price is right. Lately they seem alot higher then RCL for same cruises. An example was our Hawaiian Cruise, RCL beat them out in both price and itnerary.

Gay

Hi Gay,

I agree, 3 friends and I had adjoining balcony cabins on the Island Princess. It was expensive.

We sailed over and back (10 days). Very nice ship, good food and service, but not near as much fun as RCL creates. Frankly we got a little bored.

My next cruise is next month on the Mariner of the seas to Mexico. I took the inaugural cruise in February and liked it well enough to do it again.

Beautiful ship and a lot of fun! Can`t wait!

Frances (surfcitylady)

Frances, Princess has fabulous itneraires, but overall, RCL beats them. As far as the service and food , no differance, both wonderful, entertainment we feel better on RCL.

Princess we feel has better poolside games and like the way they handle their Muster drills. If we ever are able to do an Australian Cruise, it will be with Princess. presently, since we are trying to move up with RCL as we are only Gold still. ( 2 Princess-2 RCL cruises). The April 2011 will give us #3 with RCL and if we do the TA, then we will move up after that.

2004 RCL 10 day Caribbean

2008 RCL 15 Day Hawaii

2011 RCL 7 Day Mex

Fall 2011 TA Hopefully, 14 days.

Gay

Where is everybody!? Is Roz getting ready for her drive and cruise? Frances - My friend from Fl just went on her first cruise on the Island Princess last June to AK and she and her hubby loved it - now they are hooked like the rest of us are - I know you will have a great time on the Mariner - she is a beautiful ship -

Carol

Hi Carol,

Still checking in. Sept 20th can`t get here soon enough.

I really NEED a vacation. Working on packing now, or at least deciding what to take. Bought a couple of shirts on-line this morning from Potpourri.

Got their catalog in the mail and saw some really cute tops. One has wine bottles all over it the other one has a "chocolate" theme.

Wine and chocolate both sound good to me right now!

When is your next cruise?

Frances :)

Carol I can't wait to see the Mariner, having only been on the 90,000 ton ships ( BOS & ROS), even smaller with the Sea & Sun Princess, This should be a treat for us. We may decide we still prefer the Radiance Class, yet find we like both classes for what they have to offer. We go with an open mind.

Gay

Where is everybody!? Is Roz getting ready for her drive and cruise? Frances - My friend from Fl just went on her first cruise on the Island Princess last June to AK and she and her hubby loved it - now they are hooked like the rest of us are - I know you will have a great time on the Mariner - she is a beautiful ship -

Carol

Hi, all: Actually, I've been very busy with the Entertainment Department of Princess cruiselines. And, shopping and getting ready for our trip.

I don't know if I mentioned but my Service Dog, Brenda, will be on her 12th cruise on September 5th, to Alaska.

While we're onboard, we're stopped many, many times to explain and even show what Brenda can do. Since I'm not blind the general public is so curious about the training and tasks that these amazing dogs can do.

Most people have left their furbabies with babysitters or in kennels and are missing them so much, they love spending some of their time with Brenda.

So, in that regard, we contacted Princess [about a year ago] and they called me back [last week] requesting that I put on a demonstration of what Brenda's skills and talk about dog behavior and training. We're thrilled to do it. The more folks that are apprised of Service Dogs the happier I am. Especially getting them introduced to CCI and all that they do for so many, makes me happy!

Brenda will be performing in the Vista Lounge or Wheelhouse Bar on the first sea day to Alaska on September 6th.

We have a lady who belongs to our RV club, and she works with the younger dogs, socializing them before being turned over to the Seeing Eye Organization. For me that would be difficult to do after having a dog for several months and bonfding them releasing them.

One of the American Legions Programs, is Seeing Eye Dogs and supports the program financially.

That is a wonderful honor to be asked to show Brendas skills on the Cruise.

Gay

We have a lady who belongs to our RV club, and she works with the younger dogs, socializing them before being turned over to the Seeing Eye Organization. For me that would be difficult to do after having a dog for several months and bonfding them releasing them.

One of the American Legions Programs, is Seeing Eye Dogs and supports the program financially.

That is a wonderful honor to be asked to show Brendas skills on the Cruise.

Gay

Gay: We're honored to share our expertise. And, people like the Am. Legion and the Lions Club, etc. are very, very supportive, both in money and physically.

Places like CCI would be hardpressed if it were not for the good graces and support of these organizations and private funding.

Our cruise to Alaska has truly taken on new meaning.

Hi Carol,

Still checking in. Sept 20th can`t get here soon enough.

I really NEED a vacation. Working on packing now, or at least deciding what to take. Bought a couple of shirts on-line this morning from Potpourri.

Got their catalog in the mail and saw some really cute tops. One has wine bottles all over it the other one has a "chocolate" theme.

Wine and chocolate both sound good to me right now!

When is your next cruise?

Frances :)

I will look up Potpourri - I LOVE whimsical clothes like that - I often tell Narce he should get ties with wine glasses on it, etc etc... but he is sooooo conservative!! ha!ha!

Our next cruise is May 2010 - a long ways off - but we are going to Hawaii in Nov - a land trip - that's ok - it's a place I love so I want to be on the islands all day and night.

You have a month to go - days are flying by and you'll be on the Mariner real soon!! Carol

Carol I can't wait to see the Mariner, having only been on the 90,000 ton ships ( BOS & ROS), even smaller with the Sea & Sun Princess, This should be a treat for us. We may decide we still prefer the Radiance Class, yet find we like both classes for what they have to offer. We go with an open mind.

Gay

You will love the Mariner - my favorite is still the Radiance Class but each of the different ships/layouts always offer something that stands out -

and yes, it's nice to have an open mind!! Carol

Gay: We're honored to share our expertise. And, people like the Am. Legion and the Lions Club, etc. are very, very supportive, both in money and physically.

Places like CCI would be hardpressed if it were not for the good graces and support of these organizations and private funding.

Our cruise to Alaska has truly taken on new meaning.

High 5's to Brenda!! yay!! we know a celebrity!! good for her!

I am so excited that you will doing this - it's nice to educate the public and hopefully more $upport will come thru for the "Brenda" programs.

I love her pic on your avatar - carol

High 5's to Brenda!! yay!! we know a celebrity!! good for her!

I am so excited that you will doing this - it's nice to educate the public and hopefully more $upport will come thru for the "Brenda" programs.

I love her pic on your avatar - carol

Your kind wishes are greatly appreciated!

Now, on to more serious stuff......shopping! :p

We are from Southern California and will be taking our third cruise in November. First cruise out of New Orleans, second out of Miami, November will be out of Ft. Lauderdale. Surprisingly, we haven't taken any cruises out of the left coast. We love the Caribbean! I would love a Mexican Riviera cruise...my DH, not so much. We would both love an Alaskan cruise, so that may be our next one!

Seems silly to fly 5 hours to cruise when we can drive 1/2 hour to LB and go, but that's life! :D

Welcome Brblfsh and do join us on our Calif Thread. Click on our Calif Link below our signature. This is our main concentration of our Calif neighbors. For April 10, 2011, we do have a planned Calif Group Cruise going and the Roll Call is fully underway, for the Mariner. It is only a 7 day Cruise out of San Pedro. My name is Gay, DH is John & we live in Palm Springs.

Gay

We are from Southern California and will be taking our third cruise in November. First cruise out of New Orleans, second out of Miami, November will be out of Ft. Lauderdale. Surprisingly, we haven't taken any cruises out of the left coast. We love the Caribbean! I would love a Mexican Riviera cruise...my DH, not so much. We would both love an Alaskan cruise, so that may be our next one!

Seems silly to fly 5 hours to cruise when we can drive 1/2 hour to LB and go, but that's life! :D

Welcome!! please see if you can join us on our Mexican Cruise - it's a nice group -

I am going to Alaska on May 2010 - sailing out of SF so it's not that much of a drive for you - however, we disembark in Vancouver - there is also an RCCL ship sailing out of San Diego for an AK cruise but again, disemb's in Vancouver, I believe.

WE have a lunch going on this Sat in Temecula - you are very welcome to join us! Gay has the details -

carol

Ha! ha!! my kind of pal - shopping!! yay!!

hey - don't forget to buy something for our Brenda! Carol

Carol, she has more "stuff" than you can imagine. She has fancy collars of every color and fabric. Sweaters with her name embroidered on; rain coats; and, even her own "Outward Hound" life vest.

It's my turn to buy something for me! :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome! And, not to mention cheaper. :D We paid $340 rt for both of us to Seattle in June. I don't even like to think about how much we paid to San Juan last Feb.

Hi, all: Actually, I've been very busy with the Entertainment Department of Princess cruiselines. And, shopping and getting ready for our trip.

I don't know if I mentioned but my Service Dog, Brenda, will be on her 12th cruise on September 5th, to Alaska.

Wonderful! :cool: Can you share some of the things Brenda does?

My recent experience with dogs involves trying to get my entertaining mutt to heel. :) And in spite of the photo, he doesn't travel much.

472002427_85uwf-M.jpg

My recent experience with dogs involves trying to get my entertaining mutt to heel. :) And in spite of the photo, he doesn't travel much.

472002427_85uwf-M.jpg

That is one of the cutest pictures I think I've seen.....what a beautiful dog. I love the breed!

Training dogs can be very difficult......but, only if you overthink it!!!

Keep it simple.....don't give up and reward....reward....reward.....

Brenda can do everything except type on my computer. She was intially trained to pull children in wheel chairs and, assist with their dressing and doing various chores.....once she pulled a little boy, out the door, down the driveway and into the street.....it was decided that she had too much of a mind of her own and, she was way too curious about her environment.....so, what do you do with a dog like that? Short of turning her into a "bomb sniffer", she became a "Hearing Dog!"

She can open/close drawers and doors. She can turn lights on/off. She can pick up things off the floor and counters. She can push the button on the elevator. She can carry things in her mouth [and, won't let it go until she hears the right command], she can be very playful and will go to sleep on command and will tell you where "Timmy" has fallen into the well [playing Lassie!] She can "alert" to the phone; door bell; timer; and will tell you what direction the fire engine is coming. She will "alert" to a car coming in the garage. She will "alert" to someone saying my name and on and on and on. She knows more than 50 commands.

She's so open to learn....all it would take is my time and imagination and she'd do it!!!!!!

The joys Animals bring us, can never be replaced. They hold no grudges, are always there to please.

This was not a dog, but reminds me of a true story at our Animal Hosp. A Mother cat and her newborns were boarding one week, and in arrives another mother cat soon to deliver. Upon the delivery, she ignores her kittens, so I took one of the kittens and went to the next cage where the other cat and newborns were, to get him started on nursing and ready to take him away if not accepted. Well this mother cat realizing this wasn't her kitten laid back down and accepted the other cats kittens.

The lady of the cat with the newly delivered kittens really didn't want them however the other lady, said I will take them. So she went home with her cat, and 4 kittens plus the new borns. It was a wonderful thing to see.

Gay

The joys Animals bring us, can never be replaced. They hold no grudges, are always there to please.

This was not a dog, but reminds me of a true story at our Animal Hosp. A Mother cat and her newborns were boarding one week, and in arrives another mother cat soon to deliver. Upon the delivery, she ignores her kittens, so I took one of the kittens and went to the next cage where the other cat and newborns were, to get him started on nursing and ready to take him away if not accepted. Well this mother cat realizing this wasn't her kitten laid back down and accepted the other cats kittens.

The lady of the cat with the newly delivered kittens really didn't want them however the other lady, said I will take them. So she went home with her cat, and 4 kittens plus the new borns. It was a wonderful thing to see.

Gay

Thank you for sharing it.....it was wonderful to hear too!

Brenda can do everything except type on my computer. She was intially trained to pull children in wheel chairs and, assist with their dressing and doing various chores.....once she pulled a little boy, out the door, down the driveway and into the street.....it was decided that she had too much of a mind of her own and, she was way too curious about her environment.....so, what do you do with a dog like that? Short of turning her into a "bomb sniffer", she became a "Hearing Dog!"

She can open/close drawers and doors. She can turn lights on/off. She can pick up things off the floor and counters. She can push the button on the elevator. She can carry things in her mouth [and, won't let it go until she hears the right command], she can be very playful and will go to sleep on command and will tell you where "Timmy" has fallen into the well [playing Lassie!] She can "alert" to the phone; door bell; timer; and will tell you what direction the fire engine is coming. She will "alert" to a car coming in the garage. She will "alert" to someone saying my name and on and on and on. She knows more than 50 commands.

She's so open to learn....all it would take is my time and imagination and she'd do it!!!!!!

Amazing! Hopefully will see you on a cruise sometime, so I can meet you both!

Gay,

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.

I did once know a dog that got angry with his owner. It was a boxer, and if the owners came home after dark, they were certain to have a 1 plant torn out in the yard. Just one, and only if it was after dark. :)

Frank

472002427_85uwf-M.jpg

O M G!! is this cute or what!! love it!! Frank, can you email it to me so I can forward to my dog loving friends -- they will love this pic!! thanx...... carol

Archived