Eurodam Culinary Arts Center questions

Syran

I just have a couple of questions specific to the Culinary Arts Center on the Eurodam (as that's what my DH and I are sailing on the 18th of this month), and was hoping for responses from people who have been on recent cruises on this ship.

#1 Were the demonstrations on port or sea days?

#2 Do you remember what was offered as the menu for those days? Gonna try to figure out if they do the same thing each time, so we know what to expect as options, or does it change cruise to cruise, so no chance for pre-planning for it.

I can't tell you specifically about the Eurodam, but in general the demos are done on both sea and port days. On sea days they are more likely to be in the morning, and on port days in the afternoon.

I have never known prior to getting there what recipes wiil be done, and it changes from cruise to cruise.

We've also found that whatever is listed as the recipe to be demonstrated in the daily program, has NO bearing on what will be demonstrated. We went expecting the PG's molten Chocolate cake. What we saw was a very thin white sponge cake that gets wrapped around the main part of the desert. I didn't even bother to take the recipe - part of a dish doesn't do any good. :eek:

Have sailed on the Eurodam.

The FREE demonstrations were all on sea days.

Now -- the classes -- some were on sea days and others on port days -- these cost $29 per person and are limited to 12 people per class.

Lately we have noticed the free demonstrations have been the same recipes -- which I have posted on another site.

Once in a while they change.

Don't count on new recipes or learning any new skills. Except on those cruises featuring a celebrity chef culinary clinics are conducted by the ship's chef and dishes prepared for 2000 passengers lose something along the way when attempts are made to reduce them to a size appropriate for a cooking class. We've participated in several of these and pretty rapidly lost interest.

Have sailed on the Eurodam.

The FREE demonstrations were all on sea days.

Now -- the classes -- some were on sea days and others on port days -- these cost $29 per person and are limited to 12 people per class.

Lately we have noticed the free demonstrations have been the same recipes -- which I have posted on another site.

Once in a while they change.

Where have you posted it? I'm interested to see what the recipes are :)

Archived