RSSC Diamond or Silver Whisper? What is your opinion?

Here is my dilemma, I already have the RSSC Diamond booked for July 2, which is seven nights from Venice (overnight 1st night) to Rome with stops in Dubronvik, Hvar, Naxos (Sicily), Sorrento on a 2 for 1 deal.

Then along came a great deal on the Silver Whisper similar cabin though a little larger (37 sq ft) at the same price. It is mid May and is Rome to Monte Carlo. Also 7 nights with stops in Livorno for Florence, Portofino, Marseille, Port Vendres, and St. Tropez.

Both are same size ships with the same number of passengers, the Silver Whisper is truly all inclusive with drinks included anytime (but I won't be drinking in the morning and we will be off the ship and in port most of the days), the rooms are also a little bigger and have a seperate shower on the Silver Whisper. Both are good itineraries and both are the same price. Then you have the factor of Italy in July, will it be too hot and will there be a lot more kids and people in ports during July. Of course, we have never sailed out of Venice at sunset and I understand it to be pretty spectacular.

So, what would you do? We have never sailed on RSSC, but have been on Silversea and on the Silver Whisper. What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Don

I'm afraid I can't answer as I have never sailed either ship. But I do know better place to ask this question. Unfortunately, when I tried to send you an email it says you have blocked your emails. So, email me and I'll send a link since I don't believe I am allowed to post the link here.

Colleen

tedcoll@swbell.net

I've been on both Radisson and Silversea. Both at the same price? It's a no brainer. Silversea. There's no comparison. It's like comparing Four Seasons Hotel to Marriet. Both are good, but they are not in the same league, both in service and the attention to detail. July in Europe is too hot, too.

We cruised recently for the first time with RSSC on the Diamond,and were very impressed.

The atmosphere under Captain Neil Broomhall was very relaxed,and both the service,and food,in our opinion,compared favourably with Silversea.

Yes Italy in July will be hot,but it is not exactly trekking through the Sahara!

As regards the different itineraries:Venice v Florence-well Livorno is a lengthy drive from Florence whereas the Diamond berths quite close to St.Marks square.

Dubrovnik is a very attractive city,and is well worth seeing.

I was on the Diamond in April and loved the ship and everything about it. I leave on the Whisper on Monday. Will let you know how they compare.

Lucky you!!! Wish I was joining you! Hope you have a wonderful cruise adn will look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

The Whisper is a terrific ship. The suites were beautiful. Much bigger that the Diamond's. The suites are very similar to the Navigators. The Navigator bathroom was bigger but I think that the Whisper inside room was bigger. The balconeys are approximately the same size as the Navigator. So if size of suite matters than go for the Whisper.

Now as to service, Diamond wins hands down over the Whisper. Staff, I think that the only word to discribe it is, surly. Lots of attitude given. I was one of the 8 ladies traveling and most of us felt the same way.

Food is compariable on both ships.

Archived