Goofed on Priceline - now staying North Ft. Lauderdale - how far?

lea

Oops. I inadvertently hit North Fort Lauderdale when I was trying to stay in Hollywood or Ft. L. Beach area, ( I think the cat hit the keys!) ( and of course I got my bid then ) we are staying a day after our cruise which comes into the Port of Miami. We are flying out of FLL - but how far out of our way are we.? Are we going to lose our sightseeing time? My husband wants to go deep sea fishing and we are only renting a car for 24 hours. We are trying to rent a car as close to the port as possible ( Avis is sold out) and then return to FLL airport.

Thanks for the info.

I did get the hotel for $52 with tax it's $66. So I guess thats good although I have not researched that area since I was not planning on staying there.

Can't you plug the addresses into one of the online mapping services and get the mileage. With no traffic you are looking at about a 35-40 minute ride from the car rentals at MIA. When you get right down to it, at most you are 10 extra minutes from FLL at the Marriott North vs. a hotel in Hollywood. Actual driving time from Marriott to FLL with no traffic is 15 minutes. I've done it many times, most recently 3 weeks ago after completing a wonderful week's stay at the Marriott. Management there was outstanding. The hotel is just off of 95 at the Cypress Creek Road West exit. Go to the first light (Andrews Ave) and turn right. You'll see the hotel from the highway.

There are lots of restaurants right there on the corner. For a great breakfast, head to the Bagel Snack right at the Pompano Beach line. It's about a mile and a half. From the hotel go north on Andrews, turn left onto McNab Rd at first light, then right at next light you come to, Powerline Rd. Bagel Snack is in the northwest corner of the shopping center behind the IHOP. Get there before 11 AM for the cheap specials and the complimentary coffee cake.

I made the mistake of booking two hotels on the same date through priceline. I emailed them and they allowed me to cancel my reservation and rebook another hotel and date. I had to pay a $25 reservation cancellation fee. You can see if they will let you do it if you really don't want to stay there.

Archived