Miami airport to port of Ft. Lauderdale

cina54

Hi All, We think we maybe booking a flight from Boston to Miami (it is a nonstop) but we need to get to the port at Fort Lauderdale. Can anyone give us tips. We are really interested in the convience factor. We will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale precruise.

thanks,

cina

Oasis of the Seas Feb. 20, 2010

Tried the rec's below and SAS transportation said he no longer was taking reservations. It seemed like such a good rec. I have now looked into "Corperate Transportation" a company that does limos etc. for $107 each way with grat. does that sound steep or fair?

thanks

Have always done it the other way, as flights for me have always been cheaper to Fort Lauderdale than Miami, and I have sailed out of Miami a few times.

Check the cruise line's transfers. While easy and less expensive than a taxi, you will probably wait 30-60 minutes for them to gather a decent-sized group to send the bus on its way. The cost, at least from FLL to POM, has always been in the area of $25/pp. (on RCL)

I used Fort Lauderdale's airport limo service on the return trip for my last cruise, since our flight was too early to make use of the cruise line transfer. It took some negotiating, but I think I managed a cost of about $79/one way for two people. We rode in a large van, but we were the only passengers. This was extremely convenient, and only a little more expensive than the bus.

It has been a few years since I did it by taxi, but I think it ended up being over $100 including tip.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

I am flying into Miami the day before my cruise, which I highly recommend, especially since I live in the Great White North, and April weather is fickle.

I am renting a car from Budget at Miami airport and dropping it off next day minutes from the cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale. They have a free shuttle to the port from there. The car costs $43, gas about $5 and I get to keep it for 24 hours. Other agencies allow this, but some have drop off charges, so be careful.

Paul

we got a yellow cab as we came out of the airport, it was $80 but there were two of us so it was only $40 dollars each.

On the day of return we booked a trip with Princess to the everglades and they drop off at the end of the tour at Miami airport, that was only $20 each.

Last December, we rented an Enterprise full-sized car at MIA for one day with drop-off near our Fort Lauderdale hotel ... total of $29.65 including all taxes and fees except insurance, which we declined. Free ride back to our hotel. We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise, so we used hotel shuttle to the pier. For post-cruise, we used HAL transfers pier to MIA ... $26/person last year, $30/person for 2009.

Archived