Letter Sent to Carnival!!!!!

gargarjo

Keep on shinin your light...gonna make everything alright...

:p And I ain't got no worries 'cause I ain't in no hurry at all................

Gotta love those Doobies....er, ah, "Brothers", that is........:p

As for the teenagers and kids playing with the elevator -

When I come across them - I just look them in the eye (so I know they are paying attention) and say to the person I am with "I know who they are and who thier parents are, Lets go to the pursers desk and report them" I dont know who they are really, but they dont know that!! This really works for the younger teens that parents have set loose!!

HA!! A kindred spirit.

I have a very resonant voice....which, over a lifetime, I've learned to control in "polite society"...very deep and throaty. My mother called it a "hog caller"......(bless her heart)...because she said it could be heard over three valleys...which was important; I was raised in the hills of Oregon and was in charge of rounding up the kids....

When I see the darlings misbehaving, especially in the elevator or on the stairs, I stand in front of them, work up my best "Mother face" and, using the instrument I was born with say "MOVE" or "Knock it off"...and just stand in front of them until they eventually disappear.....which they will...I can be formidable......HA!!!

If Mommy and Daddy can't watch them, then it's every man/woman for him/herself, I say.........:D

The frenquent mention of colored water on Carnival ships leads me to be concerned about other systems. It seems like the water filtration system would be an important part of a cruise ship. If they can't/don't keep that system working properly, should we start worrying about the engines, navigation, safety systems? What if a fire were to break out on board while the water system was not working? Would the sprinklers still work then?

I have no problem at all with the OP expecting some sort of compensation for the problems he experienced, specifically the water issue. I just can't imagine a valid reason why a passenger shouldn't be compensated for a lack of clean water in their room. If I were staying in a Hilton/Marriott/Sheraton etc and I had no water or colored water (be it amber, brown, black or purple), I'm sure the hotel would be comping me something. Now I wouldn't expect the same thing from a Motel 6. I would expect them to shrug their shoulders and say you get what you paid for. And I would agree. So to G'ma and all the other cheerleaders, can we assume by your apparent acceptance of any and all problems on board, that we should put Carnival on the same level as a Motel 6, just take what we get and be glad it's not worse? I'm really interested what you would consider a valid complaint.

BTW - I'm sailing on the Conquest next month and I'm working on arranging a group cruise for about 25 people on the Ecstacy next summer. So I am not anti-Carnival. I am just concerned about the direction things seem to be heading. And I'm also not anti-Motel 6. I've stayed in plenty of Motel 6 and similar hotels when I needed to. Fortunantly I don't need to anymore, and I don't want to sail on a Motel 6 type ship either. My hope is that if people like the OP continue to bring their concerns to the attention of Carnival, regardless of how the cheerleaders feel about it, that Carnival will take measures to prevent that from happening.

And some how, some way, some here will tell you any and all of these unacceptable issues, were your fault!

Make sure you send a snail mail letter!... Good Luck!

Is that ever the truth, according some here, has anything ever been Carnival's fault? ;)

are you aware that canned and processed food is allowed to have a certain amount of vermin excrement and hair in it? Gross huh? :eek:

Usually fresh, organic "Vermin Excrement" is better for you than the canned processed stuff. ;)

Sorry your cruise was so wonderful. Come back soon! :D:D

I have read many similar threads where responders react negatively to raised problems. This response takes the cake. I don't think I have ever read such an ignorant, insensitive and putrid reply. The poster should be ashamed. If the reply struck the poster as amusing, then I would suggest counseling.

Thankfully this poster is not representative.

The frenquent mention of colored water on Carnival ships leads me to be concerned about other systems. It seems like the water filtration system would be an important part of a cruise ship. If they can't/don't keep that system working properly, should we start worrying about the engines, navigation, safety systems? What if a fire were to break out on board while the water system was not working? Would the sprinklers still work then?

I had a brown water issue on my last cruise, which wasn't on CCL. It ran looking like mud for about 20 minutes, then was fine. Yes, it freaks me out and is totally gross...but I'm on a ship, and after nearly a dozen cruises this doesn't shock or surprise me anymore.

One thing that just crossed my mind is this, I assume that the water issues come from someone screwing up the system by flushing something they aren't supposed to down the toilet. I wonder if there is any correlation between a cruise with 'extra' kids on board and screwed up plumbing....just a thought.

:p And I ain't got no worries 'cause I ain't in no hurry at all................

Gotta love those Doobies....er' date=' ah, "Brothers", that is........:p[/color']

Can we please stop this? We all know the lyrics.

Post count padding at its finest (or worst depending how you look at it.)

Could not agree more!! I am new to these boards and was amazed at how many people talk about how horrible their cruise was becuase xyz happened. I have been on 10 cruises and for a moment thought that i must have been "lucky" to be on the right cruise every time. I later realized that i have such a great time because i go into VACATION with a positive attitude and don't let little annoyances ruin my trip :cool:

I agree as well. People who go on vacation and LOOK for things that are wrong will never have a good time. You're on a ship, in the middle of the ocean, with the warm air in your face and crystal blue water all around, how could you not have a good time?!?:confused:

Wow! So paying consumers should just accept what they are given?? Maybe you would have some kind of valid point if this trip was FREE, but OP paid good money for it and at the very least should not have to have HAIR in their food....on multiple occasions. You would not address that? You ACCEPTED the fact that you did not have A/C for a 10 night cruise? Were you supposed to? It is your right to be laid back and accept what is offered, but I think it really shameful to imply that the OP is uptight to point out the issues they encountered. When people just "accept" things, they are not helping to make things any better either.

Hugs,

Chelle

Having no water, or water running black is not "looking for negatives"...that's being slapped in the face with a negative. How bad would something have to be before you would consider it a worthy complaint? No water for the entire cruise? Running out of alcohol (which they will never do since they make money on that)? It seems like there are some people on this board who believe nothing short of sinking is worthy of complaining about, and I'm not sure they'd think that was. (There may be something in the fine print of the contract to cover that...I'm sure someone will let us know.)

I agree with both of you. It's one thing to complain about every single thing on a cruise, quite another thing to expect minimally decent service and quality for our very hard earned money. I think there are people who seem to think the only thing the cruise line owes us in exchange for our money is getting us back alive.

I agree as well. People who go on vacation and LOOK for things that are wrong will never have a good time. You're on a ship, in the middle of the ocean, with the warm air in your face and crystal blue water all around, how could you not have a good time?!?:confused:

While I disagree with your post, I love your avatar. Still feeling on cloud 9 today? My daughter is a freshman at UNC and says everyone is still talking about the big game.:)

We had a simular experience on the Carnival Ecstasy in December, 08.

I wrote a letter to Gerry Cahill and promptly got a form letter stating they appreciated the letter and would do additional training for the staff on the Ecstasy.

I was dissapointed Mr. Cahill's office failed to take the opportunit to listen to the voice of the customer.

I was really surprised to hear from the Ecstasy's Cruise Director that the Ecstasy recently won the Best in Fleet award.

After my last Fantasy trip someone on this board wrote a review that ripped the Fantasy up. Everything that they expericened was the worst ever. I was on the same sailing and I did not see any of it. Other than the gang bangers being kicked off of the ship prior to sailing and their girlfriends being locked up on the third day the trip was great. To tell the truth the gang bangers and their stupid actions was some of the best entertainment on board. People see and experience what they want to see. I am sure that the OP experienced some good things on board but, the negatives overshadowed all of that for him. After living onboard boats of all sizes for many years, I tell you that boats break just sitting still. Most people would never understand the mechanical stresses that are taking place onboard at all times, moving and at anchor/docked. I figure that I am on vacation and as long as I am in no direct danger and no body is shooting at me I am there to relax and have a good time. And I do.:D

After my last Fantasy trip someone on this board wrote a review that ripped the Fantasy up. Everything that they expericened was the worst ever. I was on the same sailing and I did not see any of it. Other than the gang bangers being kicked off of the ship prior to sailing and their girlfriends being locked up on the third day the trip was great. To tell the truth the gang bangers and their stupid actions was some of the best entertainment on board. People see and experience what they want to see. I am sure that the OP experienced some good things on board but, the negatives overshadowed all of that for him. After living onboard boats of all sizes for many years, I tell you that boats break just sitting still. Most people would never understand the mechanical stresses that are taking place onboard at all times, moving and at anchor/docked. I figure that I am on vacation and as long as I am in no direct danger and no body is shooting at me I am there to relax and have a good time. And I do.:D

Wow, that sounds like an interesting thread. Do you have a link?

I bite my tongue reading this message board a lot, but come on! You're on vacation, why make a list of every little annoyance? H and I didn't even have air conditioning on a 10 day cruise, yet we still had a wonderful time. In the real world, we have short tempers and little patience. But our motto on a cruise is "Don't let it get to us! Let it go!"

Kids are irritating. ignore them. Hair in the food is disgusting, but easily and immediately corrected. Asking for soap or TP takes literally 20 seconds. Toss the chair hogs' crap on the floor and take their chairs. Do you really go on a cruise to watch movies? Yes? Fine, bring a portable DVD and DVD's from home. And coffee is available through room service, coffee bars, dining room, etc. Yeah, the buffet gets busy and it runs out, but but it's not your only source.

I don't see why people are so uptight on a vacation. Relax! Life isn't perfect, there's no way the cruise line can make your vacation perfect.

Ahh there are always a few in the crowd who let EVERY minor issue roll off their backs. Why are there SO many always-happy-nothing-bothers-me people on these boards but I seem to have never met them in real life? I seem to surround myself with people who honk if the red light turns green and you don't immediately go, or people who get annoyed when the one and only cashier has to walk away for a minute, the cashier who has to change the tape in the register, etc...

Maybe I wouldn't have written a letter, but I can CERTAINLY understand being annoyed at having to ask for soap in my cabin (ridiculous), walking to the buffet in the morning and not having any coffee (who the heck would want to walk back to their room, order room service and sit there and wait for it? They have full ships every week...they should know how much coffee to make - come on!) etc...if nonstop inconveniences on a cruise that you paid good money for is annoying, then so be it. Sigh.

Archived