Letter Sent to Carnival!!!!!

gargarjo

I cant believe how you people just think im after a free ride. All i ment when i posted this letter here was to exspress my concerns about carnival and there customer service. The group that was with us was all family many first time cruisers. So figure there was 12 of us and close to $10,000 with airfare. I think i have the right to do a bit of BITCHING. And believe me i was at the customer service desk daily. Response was yes sir we will work on it. well guess what ya kinda get tired of asking for something and nothing happening. But dont all you haters fret me and my family still managed to have a great time. The port of calls where awesome and we even managed to have fun on the ship. All my letter was ment to do is inform Carnival and maybe they will stop cutting cost when it comes to there customers. With that said you all have a great time on your vacation and hope to see you out on the seas...:)

Many posters supported your opinions and gave you lots of sympathy. You seem to see mostly negative items kinda of like your letter to Carnival. And it was hard to tell what the point of the letter was to us and probably to Carnival as many of us posted earlier. I do appreciate your effort to help Carnival improve. Thanks.

That really is such a disappointment. Amazing how things can change on a ship in just 1 month. My sister and I along with 2 friends of ours from St. Louis were just on this ship Feb 7, 2009. I can't begin to write down all the positive and wonderful things about the ship, staff, service and food. I'm guessing by reading about kids and elevators, it's sounds like you picked a time to sail when kids were out of school. What a shame. I always try to sail when the kids are in school. No offense to people with children, I just prefer to vacation with as few of them as I can. I was so happy with my experience on the Liberty that I'm already booked to sail Miracle on my birthday in May. Good luck to you. Hope you get a response that will satisfy you.

First off the use of this type of language is not allowed on the boards......

Also if you have a problem with Carn-evil take your problem there where it belongs.....;)

You started the thread and you don't like the response you're getting from some is a moot point......

You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this board. EXACTLY. The OP came back to clear up that he did, in fact, want to alert Carnival to those problems with its service. I think most of us on here agree that service seems to have taken a blow, whether big or small is up to opinion, lately. He also responded to allegations that he didn't take it up with the purser's desk. And finally, he let us know that they DID make the best of it, like everyone was telling him to. Did you address any of that? No. You saw a naughty word and decided to make it your ENTIRE response to his post.

I saw NOTHING out of line with his response - language aside (which I don't personally have a problem with, and obviously he didn't know the rules). And yet you decided to mock him, and tell him to leave---"take your problem..where it belongs". Umm...isn't this CC? This IS exactly where it belongs, no?

Ugh. A bit disgusted right now.

You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this board. EXACTLY. The OP came back to clear up that he did, in fact, want to alert Carnival to those problems with its service. I think most of us on here agree that service seems to have taken a blow, whether big or small is up to opinion, lately. He also responded to allegations that he didn't take it up with the purser's desk. And finally, he let us know that they DID make the best of it, like everyone was telling him to. Did you address any of that? No. You saw a naughty word and decided to make it your ENTIRE response to his post.

I saw NOTHING out of line with his response - language aside (which I don't personally have a problem with, and obviously he didn't know the rules). And yet you decided to mock him, and tell him to leave---"take your problem..where it belongs". Umm...isn't this CC? This IS exactly where it belongs, no?

Figs - I totally, totally, 100% agree with you. There are many, many, many wonderful, kind people on these boards. Unfortunately there are some really, really hateful, condescending people too. If some of these posters were to show up on a roll call I was on, I think I'd have to change my sail date.

Well said.

It's funny how the uncompensated marketers on this forum are the most adamant in defending the front lines. It must be a psychological issue.

How disappointing, I hope you hear from Carnival and they make amends.

For some reason, I am betting that they will not do anything, but send a letter with an apology and the proverbial "we will investigate".:(

They have their money...

I'm not a chronic complainer, but there's no question that several of the OP's complaints would have elicited a response from me. I fully understand that all travel related businesses have problems, whether they be a Ritz-Carlton product, Carnival cruise, or Motel 6. The measure of how well run a business is, is not whether problems exist, but how they are dealt with when they occur. Since the OP has stated that he complained to the customer service desk and he was not satisfied with the result, then I would say that a letter of complaint is fully in order.

I travel Carnival quite frequently, and have always felt that I got more than my money's worth, but even I am sick to death of the Cruise Director asking all passengers to complete their exit questionaire as if any response less than excellent means a total failure in that category. I truly believe that constructive criticism is vital to fine tuning any business within the travel industry. I appreciate fellow passengers sharing their experiences both positive, and negative. Carnival should too. It's the best way to determine what passengers value...why spend $$$$ providing services that aren't appreciated if you let those that your customer really wants fall by the wayside.

I hope that you receive something more than a canned response. You deserve to have attention paid to your concerns.

I nominate this for post of the year. Truer words were never spoken.

If you look in my siggy you will notice how many lines I have cruised. Not just Carnival. Most of my cruises are with other lines. Before making a silly statement do your research......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry my bad. I guess I need to spend 5 hours a day on cruisecritic. That way I could have 13,000 posts and take shots at anyone that dares to say something bad about Carnival.

Yikes, this is a nasty thread. I felt like the OP's complaints were totally legit. I take his post for face value and I would have felt the need to complain as well. I hope they address your issues.

[quote name='figs']You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this board. EXACTLY. The OP came back to clear up that he did, in fact, want to alert Carnival to those problems with its service. I think most of us on here agree that service seems to have taken a blow, whether big or small is up to opinion, lately. He also responded to allegations that he didn't take it up with the purser's desk. And finally, he let us know that they DID make the best of it, like everyone was telling him to. Did you address any of that? No. You saw a naughty word and decided to make it your ENTIRE response to his post.

I saw NOTHING out of line with his response - language aside (which I don't personally have a problem with, and obviously he didn't know the rules). And yet you decided to [U]mock[/U] him, and tell him to leave---"take your problem..where it belongs". Umm...isn't this CC? This IS exactly where it belongs, no?

Ugh. A bit disgusted right now.[/quote]

I agree 1000%:)

[quote name='jessemon']So you completely believe that the OP is telling you the truth about no TP in th BR.....
I always believe everything I read from someone I don't know.....:rolleyes:
Someone is trying to get a big time Oh my word I can't believe I had all these problems discount for their next cruise...LOL....;)[/quote]

When we sailed on the Spirit in 2005 we were constantly running out of clean towels.....I kept having to hunt the steward down. I was pissed to no end. But of course you probably don't believe me:D

[quote name='jessemon']So you completely believe that the OP is telling you the truth about no TP in th BR.....
Someone is trying to get a big time Oh my word I can't believe I had all these problems discount for their next cruise...LOL....;)[/quote]

Are you ascribing your own motivation to others?

I work for two national corporations, one is a major retailer where I work customer service and I can tell you that customer complaints are taken seriously and NEED to be brought to the attention of the company. At both companies we have customer surveys and are tracked on a weekly basis. The other job is preparing taxes for the big green box and I can tell you that customer service there is VERY serious business. Clients come in expecting a certain level of service which goes beyond preparing a correct tax return, they are paying for it. If I sit at my desk eating lunch and take personal calls while providing tax service and then maybe my printer runs out of ink..no big deal we e-file so the return is sent but I can't give you copies..hey don't worry be happyyour getting a big refund! Do you think that person is going to be happy NO! I can still provide a properly prepared tax return in this situation, but that is not what that person is expecting for customer service and they have a legit complaint. It's no different then taking a cruise and expecting basic items like TP and coffee, not to mention potable water, you paid for it you have an expectation of getting what you pay for. If there are issues the company needs to know to keep customer satisfaction at the higher levels which means return business. As for those who say someone making a complaint is just being "negative" and you should just fluff it off and be nice and then are turing around and making "negative" statements about the OP seems oxymoronic, if you truly are optomistic then shouldn't you be making positive remarks to the OP not negative ones?

[quote name='jessemon']You were 60 when you gave it up ????? That would make you....:eek::eek:
Oops....Sorry...read that wrong. You said front and center in the 60's......

I just had to do that......:D
And darn...there I go "padding" my post count again....LOL[/quote]

HA! Guess I'll pad my post count too...

I'm in my 60's now....and I have no doubt that my former indulgence at this stage of my life would keep me comatose most of the time. Heck, I can barely have more than 2 Johnny Walkers on the rocks before I'm fighting sleep. (Sure keeps the onboard account under control..)

Depressing as it is, most of my vices have gone the way of the Studebaker.........not by choice, fer sure.....:D

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

We were on the Liberty in February and it was a wonderful cruise. The staff was so friendly. From the stateroom stewards to people just paining in the halls. We asked questions and brought problems to Carnivals attention and each was handled in a friendly and timely manner.

[quote name='figs']You are EXACTLY what is wrong with this board. EXACTLY. The OP came back to clear up that he did, in fact, want to alert Carnival to those problems with its service. I think most of us on here agree that service seems to have taken a blow, whether big or small is up to opinion, lately. He also responded to allegations that he didn't take it up with the purser's desk. And finally, he let us know that they DID make the best of it, like everyone was telling him to. Did you address any of that? No. You saw a naughty word and decided to make it your ENTIRE response to his post.

I saw NOTHING out of line with his response - language aside (which I don't personally have a problem with, and obviously he didn't know the rules). And yet you decided to [U]mock[/U] him, and tell him to leave---"take your problem..where it belongs". Umm...isn't this CC? This IS exactly where it belongs, no?

Ugh. A bit disgusted right now.[/QUOTE]

Never have truer words been posted on this board.

We had a horrible cruise on the Conquest two years ago and I wrote to Carnival. Within 6weeks we received a reply and it was not a form letter at all. They responded to each problem we had individually and then gave us 20% off of our next cruise. In 7 cruises, the Conquest experience was the only bad one that we had. We love Carnival and are already planning our 8th cruise later this year.

Yes, actually, I do believe them. I choose to have faith in people, and to believe that on the whole, most are honest and good. It may seem naive, but I find it makes life much nicer than thinking poorly of others. :)

Wow, I didn't read every single post, but I'm surprised this post is still going. I know my post has been quoted a few times, I just want to make sure I'm not being misunderstood.

I think there are appropriate things to write complaint letters about, and many of these are not some of them.

If you find hair in the food, you need to complain immediately. A letter after the fact, even if you also complained on the ship, is pointless.

If the water breaks, maybe write a letter if you feel you deserve compensation, but just generally complaining without demand for compensation, is unnecessary. I assure you the maintenance on board had a much much worse day than you had. They did what they could to fix it as soon as possible.

Lack of coffee in the buffet during the busiest time of day happens. A letter is not appropriate. Ask staff for more coffee, wait a reasonable amount of time. If they never replenish the coffee, then complain again on the ship. Writing a letter afterwards doesn't accomplish anything.

See what I'm saying? A complaint letter should be done for specific, preventable, unreasonable harms for which you feel you should be compensated. Do not email them; send them to a specific person by snail mail, in a professional manner.

For the minor annoyances, put them on the complaint card, let the customer service desk know [B]during[/B] the cruise, go up the chain of command, etc. But a letter, after the fact, is not appropriate. That is for serious harms worthy of compensation.

[quote name='Specter']huh. Disappointing. I wonder how much of this was due to the Spring Break rush? Not that it's an excuse, but maybe a slight reason for it all?[/QUOTE]

I was on the Liberty last year during Spring Break and I was not disappointed in any way.

[quote name='gargarjo'][font=calibri][size=3]to whom it may concern:[/size][/font]
[size=3][font=calibri]on saturday, march 21, 2009, eleven family members, friends, and i embarked (2z7g77) on what i truly believed would be a vacation of a lifetime for us. We sailed on a 7 day eastern caribbean cruise on the liberty. For two of us, it was our second adventure on this ship albeit a different itinerary. Our previous cruise on liberty was phenomenal. [/font][/size]
[font=calibri][size=3]as we planned our 2009 vacation, we encouraged our family and friends, some of them first-time cruisers, to join us on a carnival cruise. Of course our previous experience steered us in our decision making process. Twelve of us embarked on what can be best described as a mediocre week at sea. Part of the cruising experience is the fun and enjoyment experienced between ports. What follows is a list of disappointing and disturbing events and occurrences that riddled our family vacation.[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][size=3][font=calibri]on three occasions there was a hair in our food;[/font][/size]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]coffee was at a premium – they ran out every morning;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]the ship was generally unkept – food on the floor, spilled drinks, etc.;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]state rooms were not re-stocked properly – we had to ask for toilet paper, soap, etc.;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]the shows were the very same as two years prior – and not as good as before;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]teenagers overtook the elevators; security alerted- and their response was reprehensible – “this is a fun ship – even for kids” – at the expense of others’ fun?[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]deck chairs were being reserved by guests for other guests that never appeared;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]water completely stopped in the state rooms just prior to our departure from st. Thomas;[/size][/font]
[font=symbol][size=3]·[/size] [/font][font=calibri][size=3]day 2 of the cruise the water ran “black” – with no explanation given[/size][/font]
[font=calibri][size=3]we brought these items to the attention of staff members, when one could find a moment to talk to us. They appeared to be over-tasked and too busy to attend to our concerns. We spoke with many guests, and we concurred that the staff was obviously at a minimum level, as evidenced by our mediocre service. “disappointed” was the way many of us summarized our trip.[/size][/font]
[font=calibri]we anxiously await a response from carnival cruise lines. Please include a reason why our next vacation should be on a carnival fun ship[/font][/quote]
you know we had problems with carnival as well with the customer service and customer relations you name it we had a problem. But after 3 weeks of trying to get somewhere we finally got a satifactory answer to all that has been going on for our group booking.i cannot tell you how much i hate to talk to different people and have to explain the situation time and time again..so i hope from now that our cruise is going to be great.. As for complaining about your situation you have every right to do that. You dont mind it if they correct the problem but, when they dont that is when you get mad .... Good luck

I know that people bash the Carnival "cheerleaders," but I can't tell you how helpful it was for me last year when I was planning a group cruise aboard the Triumph. I discovered Cruise Critic about three month before, and I would avidly read anything and everything about my upcoming cruise. There were plenty of negative posts, but it was very useful to see the opposite side as well. For example, imagine someone has already booked the Liberty. If they only read the OP's post, they might be very worried. But to see several posters who said they were on the same cruise and that yes, there were problems, they didn't perceive things to be as bad as the OP saw them. And that is what it all came down to on our cruise. Perception. We had a wonderful time! Yet when I got home, I checked the boards, and by some of the reviews, I would have thought I was on a different cruise! People complained of bad service (everyone I saw was smiling and helpful), bad food (we all- 31 of us- thought the food was delicious) etc., etc. So I guess here's my point. Yes, if you have a complaint, post it. But if you were on the same cruise, please post your experience as well. People can then make up their minds. After all, as Don Henley sang, "There's three sides to every story, there's yours and there's mine and the cold hard truth."

[quote name='KarenMF']I was on the Liberty last year during Spring Break and I was not disappointed in any way.[/quote]

I was on the Valor for spring break last year. The pool and deck areas were packed with college girls in tiny bikinis. My wife thought it was awful..............I think. I wasn't really paying attention.:rolleyes:

Dan

Archived