future cruise credits?

chloes nana

I need a little help understanding how these work? We are going on our first cruise in August and are already planning to do the Baltics or Voyage of the Vikings or something similar. SO when we are on the Noordam in August, I want to buy future cruise credits for this trip for 2011. Do I need to make an appointment with the cruise consultant or is it a first come thing? And if I want to purchase these do they go on the shipboard account or can I pay individually for these? Also I can do for a future cruise to be decided at a later time correct? What is the going rate for these, and they work basically as your deposit when you book the cruise correct? Do I get shipboard credits when these are bought? thanks :confused::confused:

You don't need to make an appointment unless you need to speak with him/her at length. Just drop in and place your order. The deposit is generally $100 per person, but can be more for some special voyages. This is placed on your shipboard account.

You may book a specific cruise, or an open booking to be determined later. You can then book a cruise at your convenience at any time up to 4 years after the deposit, with no additional money being required until final payment. You will get onboard credit based on the length of cruise and stateroom category booked.

One thing to note: If you do not instruct the FCC otherwise, they will place the booking with the TA that booked you on your current cruise. You may find that acceptable. If you're looking to change TAs, then ask the FCC to keep your booking with HAL. Should you later decide to switch it to a TA, then that's easy to do.

The Cruise Consultants times will be listed in the daily program -- as well as the location.

It is $100 per person -- good for 4 years -- you don't have to make a definite choice of a cruise at that time -- and it goes on your credit card.

The amount of shipboard credit you get depends on the length of the cruise you book as well as the cabin category that you choose.

You don't need to make an appointment unless you need to speak with him/her at length. Just drop in and place your order. The deposit is generally $100 per person, but can be more for some special voyages. This is placed on your shipboard account.

You may book a specific cruise, or an open booking to be determined later. You can then book a cruise at your convenience at any time up to 4 years after the deposit, with no additional money being required until final payment.

One thing to note: If you do not instruct the FCC otherwise, they will place the booking with the TA that booked you on your current cruise. You may find that acceptable. If you're looking to change TAs, then ask the FCC to keep your booking with HAL. Should you later decide to switch it to a TA, then that's easy to do.

thanks Jim! that is exactly what I needed, so I can literally go and purchase the future cruise credits when I have time on this cruise, do you receive shipboard credits if you just book it as a future cruise to be decided ,or do you have to book a specific cruise in order to receive the credits?

The deposit is generally $100 per person, but can be more for some special voyages. This is placed on your shipboard account.
Sorry, but it is not applied to your shipboard account. It is a separate immediate charge to some credit card, not necessarily the same one you used for your shipboard account.

do you receive shipboard credits if you just book it as a future cruise to be decided ,or do you have to book a specific cruise in order to receive the credits?

For a To Be Determined cruise you wont know the OBC amount until an actual booking, but you will get them.

The Cruise Consultants times will be listed in the daily program -- as well as the location.

It is $100 per person -- good for 4 years -- you don't have to make a definite choice of a cruise at that time -- and it goes on your credit card.

The amount of shipboard credit you get depends on the length of the cruise you book as well as the cabin category that you choose.

what if it is for a future cruise to be determined even if I know it will be the Baltics, need to see Ireland, and UK especially..;) We will be in a veranda for sure and that is about all I know right now. Should I research these cruises before I depart on this cruise? Are prices any different on ship vs. at a later time? better deals?

Sorry, but it is not applied to your shipboard account. It is a separate immediate charge to some credit card, not necessarily the same one you used for your shipboard account.

Which means for a To Be Determined cruise you wont know the OBC until an actual booking.

We are doing a cash only trip, no credit cards for ships expenses! So I can use the debit card that I am taking for shopping to purchase this correct?? And the shipboard credits go to the cruise you are buying them for? and the credits will be established when you actually book the trip?

Should I research these cruises before I depart on this cruise? Are prices any different on ship vs. at a later time? better deals?
I find it easier to just leave it TBD and work out all the details when I get home with my regular TA. You will get the TA's price, too, which for me is lower than the list price quoted on the ship for anything specific.
We are doing a cash only trip, no credit cards for ships expenses! So I can use the debit card that I am taking for shopping to purchase this correct?? Yes.

And the shipboard credits go to the cruise you are buying them for? Yes.

and the credits will be established when you actually book the trip? Yes.

To help ensure that any questions are properly communicated when contacting HAL by phone, please note that:

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is something offered, usually after a cruise, and usually by the Guest Relations department. This would work as credit toward a future cruise booked within 1 year's time of issue.

Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) is the reduced deposit (usually $100 USD) booked onboard with perks of onboard credit depending on length of cruise and category booked, and per the signed form onboard are valid for 4 years.

At times, it can be confusing for the phone staff in various departments if they are specifically looking for one type of credit and the other is what is meant.

Hope this helps! :)

I'm on here primarily as a resource for all of you, but I need to look out for my colleagues on occasion as well! :)

To help ensure that any questions are properly communicated when contacting HAL by phone, please note that:

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is something offered, usually after a cruise, and usually by the Guest Relations department. This would work as credit toward a future cruise booked within 1 year's time of issue.

Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) is the reduced deposit (usually $100 USD) booked onboard with perks of onboard credit depending on length of cruise and category booked, and per the signed form onboard are valid for 4 years.

At times, it can be confusing for the phone staff in various departments if they are specifically looking for one type of credit and the other is what is meant.

Hope this helps! :)

I'm on here primarily as a resource for all of you, but I need to look out for my colleagues on occasion as well! :)

thanks Dutch! Now I know the correct term for what I need:), and it never hurts to look out for the other guys as well! Good karma! thanks again

what if it is for a future cruise to be determined even if I know it will be the Baltics, need to see Ireland, and UK especially..;) We will be in a veranda for sure and that is about all I know right now. Should I research these cruises before I depart on this cruise? Are prices any different on ship vs. at a later time? better deals?

Once in a while the shipboard prices will be lower than elsewhere -- but it rarely happens. We started booking future cruises this way a couple of years ago and only once did we get what the consultant referred to as a "sale" price. When we got home I checked the price of the cruise we booked on HAL's site -- and it was cheaper.

On nearly every cruise that we have been on every passenger got a letter from the cruise consultant which shows the amount of shipboard that you will get when you book a cruise.

7 - 11 days:

Inside cabin -- $25 per person

Outside cabin -- $25 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) -- $35 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) -- $50 per person

12+ days:

Inside cabin -- $50 per person

Outside cabin -- $50 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) -- $75 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) -- $100 per person

(I saved our recent letter from our Noordam cruise.)

On nearly every cruise that we have been on every passenger got a letter from the cruise consultant which shows the amount of shipboard that you will get when you book a cruise.

7 - 11 days:

Inside cabin -- $25 per person

Outside cabin -- $25 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) -- $35 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) -- $50 per person

12+ days:

Inside cabin -- $50 per person

Outside cabin -- $50 per person

Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC) -- $75 per person

Suite (PS - S/SY) -- $100 per person

(I saved our recent letter from our Noordam cruise.)

Perfect! thanks for that info, so basically you are reimbursed for at least one of your deposits plus change, not a bad deal actually.;)

Archived