Just off the Conquest, Bahamas! Had a blast

TX-JennSalos

The main thing we want to do in the Bahamas is a dolphin swim. Can you tell me more about the swim at Paradise Cove. The OP said the Atlantis swim wasn't too great for the price. We have been to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and enjoyed it. How did you get the excursion? Was it with Carnival or on your own? Anything you can tell will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:p

I would suggest Blue Lagoon for all Dolphin excursions. We did the experience and it was great. We felt we got our moneys worth and had a great time. The only bad part was trying to purchase pictures and a DVD their systems for this is not that good. I really thought I was going to get left by the boat because I was the only one left. They kept assuring me that it was not going to leave me. The Blue Lagoon is Beautiful and the boat ride is a great time to get some great pictures of the area.

Glad you had a good time..We were on her Spring Break...Not the best cruise I have had...First time on Conquest,but have done the Jubilee,Holiday and Ecstasy,and it was far superior to those...I Prefer RCI's open floorplans,deeper pools, and a few other things..Service on Conquest was not what I am used to on RCI...but I am sure that is hit and miss...

Food was not at all as good as I expected,and certainly not even as good as it has been on my other Carnival trips. Had poor to bad weather in Nassau and Freeport...so,that was a bummer,our excursion in FP was cancelled...so...left a bad taste for that port,tho no fault of anyone but Mother Nature...

Kids had a good time with the 1000 other Spring Breakers..and kids onboard were not a problem until Saturday...

Really liked the many different backdrops for pictures...obviously.I spent a fortune...

I appreciate Carnival mixing up the ports of call from Galveston,but I wouldnt do that one again...

Anyway...any cruise is a good cruise,right !!!

No they don't have PS3 in the cabin but the boys brought there's and a 22 inch monitor. They took our power strip cause they found they only had one plug ( we told them to bring one they didn't) They did go to the Disco, Henri's, one night at midnight and it was full !!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one under 50 so they were glad they brought it. It kept them out of trouble at night but they partied during the day.

My Dh and I were discussing this last night, and I really think we had more fun on the Cozumel, Jamaica, GC tour. We will definitely be booking that again. We just loved the sting ray swim in GC.

I really love your excitement and enthusiasm. This is a really lively thread and makes me remember why i love cruising so much. I am in total agreement with you about Stingray City. My wife and I have a place at Morrits Tortuga and have been to Stingray City about a dozen times. I love it the same every time.

Keep up the energetic posts!!!

My dh and I went on the cruise to the Bahamas. In Key West we did the parasailing and it was awesome. We booked directly with a company called Fury and it cost 35.00 per person but if you book with the ship it cost somewhere around 90.00 per person and it is the same one they use. After that we rented scooters and ran all over Key West. It was only 60.00 and well worth it. We had lunch and did a little shopping. In Freeport we just caught a cab and did some shopping. We didn't like it too much. In Nassau, when you get off the boat there will be some men trying to sell you a tour package. Ask for a guy named "Perry" he was just awesome. For 25.00 per person he will take you on a tour of just about everything on the island and give you a lot of history. He has a nice van and he was voted the best tour guide on the island. We saw the low class, middle class and upper class homes. He took us to a little restaurant and they showed us how to crack a Conch shell and even deep fried it for you to taste if you wanted to. I did not. They had drinks with coconut milk and gin. My husband loved it but I thought it was too sweet. He took us on a tour of Atlantis. There was even a man came out of his lower class home and shook a piece of pvc pipe at our van. The tour guide said they were very proud people and he knew there were tourist in the van and didn't like people looking at him. After the tour he will drop you off at a shopping area or take you back to the ship. Well worth the 25.00. The ship was great no problems. Can't wait till the next one.

Small world we were across the hall in 6374 and 6378 You might have heard the college boys playing PS3 at night they got a little loud sometimes.

Formal night,Friday, was the bad ride we had we heard the stabilizers went out and that was why it was so bad.

Are you the one with the really deep voice? If so, I heard you a lot. Your deep voice really caried across the hall in the mornings. I bet your a great singer. :)

I was wondering if there was something wrong with the stabelizers. I was messed up from Friday night for a really long time. It took me over three days to get the dizziness out of my head. Usually we travel at the end of Sept/ beginning of OCT (end of hurricane season) and its NEVER been as rough on me as Friday night was. I loaded up on Bonine and not even that helped. It was so bad that when you walked down the hall, you literally went from side to side of the hall. I felt like a pin ball machine. I never got nautious, just very dizzy and my brain was swimming in my head a lot.

Any questions?

Just a few things I noticed about her. The new big screen is no longer blaring CNN all day. In fact I never heard it. Its HUGE and its a nice addition.

There is no Mongolian Grill.

The service has gone down, but it didnt ruin my cruise.

The Tuna sandwich from Pauls Deli is very good.

Freeport is a tad industrial , but a nice place to visit.

Yes there is such a thing as Chocolate Dipped key Lime Pie on a stick, and yes its heavenly!

All in all we had a great time, made some great new friends and loved the new ports of call. Had one really really rough sea night and one that was just annoying. I was really starting to wonder if the stabelizers worked on this ship. :)

jenn, im also here in dallas,do they sell that here in town?if not,the place you got it from,do they ship it to different parts of the country. i've read alot about it and need to get my hands on one.

thanks/chad

jenn, was able to find an answer to one of my questions before you got a chace to reply. the website is http://www.blondgiraffe.com/i clicked on the website got the credit card out and was about to order some untill i saw the price. for the small sum of $112.00 you get 15 bars. once i saw that,i quickly put the credit card away and thought better of it. i don't my wife to do a john bobbit to me over a food craving. i think i can wait till i get to florida.

Archived