Buying Liquor on board

mjl1960

Really? I've found it harder to bring on liquor from the ports than bringing it in checked luggage at the beginning of the cruise.

All about technique. Beer they don't even give a second look, usually. Booze, they tell you to go to the table, but the peeps at the table have no idea how much booze you have, or else there is nobody even there. Worst case give them a bottle and keep one. Last 2 cruises, I just walked right past the desk, no questions asked.

Of course, there is always the last night finish all the booze party. :-)

All about technique. Beer they don't even give a second look, usually. Booze, they tell you to go to the table, but the peeps at the table have no idea how much booze you have, or else there is nobody even there. Worst case give them a bottle and keep one. Last 2 cruises, I just walked right past the desk, no questions asked.

Of course, there is always the last night finish all the booze party. :-)

Exactly. Buy booze in port. Security will tell you to go to the table but many times its not staffed and when it is, it's not like security is telling the table person. It's on the honor system. If I don't already have enough in my cabin, I will generally stock up at the first port of call!

Also when you do a B2B, buy from the ship later in the evening on the last night and they give you the booze to caryy back to the cabin to pack. ;) They have no way of knowing you are going to stay on the ship. Have a nice supply of inexpensive booze for the next leg! :D

Happy drinking!

Kat

Ok, still a newbie here, but need to know where the the hard stuff i on the website for carnival. Rather than sneak it on I would rather just have it waiting for me. All I can find is wine. I'd much rather have a bottle of Malibu. Can you get those such things?

Thanks!

Anyone know for sure if I can order more liquor onboard if I run out without having to make that expensive all to Bon Voyage at sea or in Mexico? Seems like you should be able to...at $40 a bottle plus tax, they are still making money.

Bon Voyage does not deliver to the ship in Mexico. But as Thirsty mentioned you can bring back bottles from Mexico and bypass the security table easily. Stick a bottle in your checked luggage. Just bubble wrap it and put it in a zip lock bag and throw it in your luggage. That's what alot of people here have been doing for years.

Good luck!

Archived