Buying Liquor on board

mjl1960

I know you can order bottles of liquor to be in your room when you arrive on the ship from the Bon Vogage Dept, but is there anyway to order them while you are on the ship already? And what is the cost like - is it the same as going thru Bon Voyage department?

alcohol consumption is a major revenue source for the cruise lines, so once they have you onboard, they wanna maximize their profits.... I would certainly recommend using bon voyage, unless there is some reason you dont wanna use that service

I know you can order bottles of liquor to be in your room when you arrive on the ship from the Bon Vogage Dept, but is there anyway to order them while you are on the ship already? And what is the cost like - is it the same as going thru Bon Voyage department?

There is no way to buy a bottle for the cabin once you are on the ship.

Appreciate the replies! Not the answer I wanted, but now I know...guess I will be making the call.

I do it for every cruise. you will be so glad you did...its like having your very own welcome aboard party waiting for you in your room....not to mention, it saves alot of money off your final tab

I would tell you to smuggle it on but the alcohol smuggling police would swarm me within seconds.:p

the masses were advocating capturing ship miscreants who SNAP and feeding them warm chocolate melting cake until they die. good call to keep the peace. :p

If you purchase your alcohol ahead of time through Bon Voyage, it will be in your room when you get there, correct?

Also can you take it anywhere in the ship to mix drinks in your choice of beverage or do you have to keep it in your room and go back and forth?

If you purchase your alcohol ahead of time through Bon Voyage, it will be in your room when you get there, correct?

Also can you take it anywhere in the ship to mix drinks in your choice of beverage or do you have to keep it in your room and go back and forth?

.....do you realize how many people would kill for a bottle of Vodka while on the ship if they saw one.

For your own safety, keep it in the cabin and the walking will be good for you.

;)

wasiii

.....do you realize how many people would kill for a bottle of Vodka while on the ship if they saw one.

For your own safety, keep it in the cabin and the walking will be good for you.

;)

wasiii

What if I poor some in a flask? I guess my question is...If I purchase it ahead of time, do I have the right to keep it with me on deck? You are exactly right about getting killed though. :)

We were recently on the 49 day trip around South America. We started with bon voyage bottles sent to the room. When we ran out we called the Bon Voyage department in FL and had more delivered to the room. No problem.

What if I poor some in a flask? I guess my question is...If I purchase it ahead of time, do I have the right to keep it with me on deck? You are exactly right about getting killed though. :)

If you buy it, I don't think they care if you carry it and consume it. A flask would be good, they would not let you have the bottle around the pool or hot tub area. I have a liter of Margaritaville Teliqua being delivered next week... $40.00.. If you are sailing out of Texas state law there will not let them put it in your room until the next day... I was told though once you get in international water to ask your room steward and they will probably give it to you.

OK, so it's only wine we're allowed to bring onboard? I thought it was just 1 liter per person of whatever. Do you bring your alcohol on in your carry-on or checked bags? Thanks :)

OK, so it's only wine we're allowed to bring onboard? I thought it was just 1 liter per person of whatever. Do you bring your alcohol on in your carry-on or checked bags? Thanks :)
Wine only is allowed to be brought onboard. That does not mean plenty of people do not break the rules by bringing along their own Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Tequila and Gin.

If you put one bottle of wine in your carry on AND 1 bottle in your checked bag, you just doubled your allotment.

Guess I will be getting my exercise walking back and forth to the room from the soda station, huh? ;) Probably not a bad thing...though it might get more difficult as the day goes on!!

One 750 ml bottle of wine per person 21 or older is allowed. That bottle can be carried on or placed in checked luggage.

Any other alcohol should be packed in checked luggage.

There used to be a thread somewhere where people claimed you could order bottles of liquor through room service during the cruise. Price was the same as Bon Voyage. I've never tried it, though...

Is there a list of prices from the Bon Voyage dept. or do i have to call them to find out? :p The Tequila for $40 sounds cheap and would mix well with lots of room servive oj. Also is the phone number on the Carnival web site?

Is there a list of prices from the Bon Voyage dept. or do i have to call them to find out? :p The Tequila for $40 sounds cheap and would mix well with lots of room servive oj. Also is the phone number on the Carnival web site?

1-800-522-7648

There should be a list of prices on various threads here. Try a search. They will also list the prices for you when you call.

When I called, it seemed like everything I asked about was $40...so I imagine most of your liquors are $40 plus tax of course.

Anyone know for sure if I can order more liquor onboard if I run out without having to make that expensive all to Bon Voyage at sea or in Mexico? Seems like you should be able to...at $40 a bottle plus tax, they are still making money.

There is no way to buy a bottle for the cabin once you are on the ship.

Anyone know for sure if I can order more liquor onboard if I run out without having to make that expensive all to Bon Voyage at sea or in Mexico? Seems like you should be able to...at $40 a bottle plus tax, they are still making money.

I occasionally see posts here where people claim that they were able to purchase entire bottles from the bar. It'd be nice to see some substantiation of that claim.

Of course, you only really need enough to get to your first port anyway. They are much more lax about confiscating at ports.

I occasionally see posts here where people claim that they were able to purchase entire bottles from the bar. It'd be nice to see some substantiation of that claim.

Of course, you only really need enough to get to your first port anyway. They are much more lax about confiscating at ports.

Really? I've found it harder to bring on liquor from the ports than bringing it in checked luggage at the beginning of the cruise.

Archived