Tulum with 7 month old?

gagirl2006

My husband and I would love to go to Tulum on our cruise in 2 weeks but is it doable with 7 month old and a stroller or no??

Thanks!

Morning! We were in Tulum a couple of years ago. It was wonderful but it is a very long walk from where the buses drop you off to the ruins. There is a shuttle that runs for a cuple of bucks though. Also, the grounds are fairly large to walk around. I think with a stroller you will be just fine. It will be very warm so make sure you bring plenty of bottled water. Also, check out the lazy lizards laying around!! Enjoy your trip.

Cheers, Kenn

Thanks for your replies!

Did you do excursion with ship? If so which one do you recommend? I see several.

I heard the view is breathtaking!

I would do the ships excursion on this one. If docking in Cozumel you have a 45 min ferry ride each way and you never know what could happen. I don't do many ships' tours but this is one I would.

I would do the ships excursion on this one. If docking in Cozumel you have a 45 min ferry ride each way and you never know what could happen. I don't do many ships' tours but this is one I would.

That is one reason I want to do the ship's excursion. I think there are three to pick from but I'll have to look to make sure.

It's very hot in Tulum. We were just there 2 weeks ago, also on a Carnival tour. There is very little shade among the actual ruins. In the shopping area, there is some shade, but no air conditioning inside the shops. My son and I tried to get back on the bus early to be in air conditioning, but we were not allowed and the air conditioning wasn't running anyway.

It is a 7+ hour trip. The time at the ruins is only about 2 hours. The rest of the time is spent traveling. There are no restroom facilities at the ruins. The snack was served just before getting back on the bus. It was water, cheese and crackers and a cupcake. There were a few choices of places to eat, but most seemed more like bars than places that served food.

I was traveling with my 3 kids, aged 13, 10 and 3. The 10 and 3 year olds remained on the ship, with no regrets. The 13 year old whined, but not significantly. :p

If you do take your 7 month old, come prepared with food, water and toiletries.

We have done the Tulum excursion before and I can't imagine doing it with our 2yr old. We have cruised with her 4 times and done lots of excursions, but I don't think this one would be a good choice with a baby. You have a 45 minute ferry ride each way to the mainland plus an hour drive each way from Playa del Carmen to Tulum. It's really a lot of time traveling and only a couple hours at the ruins.

If you decide to go for it you should be ok with a stroller as the paths are compact gravel (if I remember right). I wouldn't bring a tiny umbrella stroller, but anything with reasonable sized wheels should be ok. There is also a really nice beach at the ruins which is nice for cooling down after touring the site.

Maybe consider visiting one of the ruins sites on the Island of Cozumel instead? At least then you wouldn't have to deal with the ferry transfer to the mainland.

I would recommend getting a backpack for your baby and bringing an umbrella for shade. The sun would be intense for a baby. We went there for our honeymoon and it was beautiful with lots of good photo opportunities.

Archived