Walking distance from Marriott Waikiki to HHV

sisterSunshine

How far to walk from the Marriott Waikiki to the HHV to see the Friday night fireworks on the beach? Or can we see them from our location? We will have been up and traveling since 4:00 a.m. that morning, ages 10 to 76. Several avid walkers among our ranks. Is it too much to hope for? We will have a rental car. Thanks for your help.........

The address for the Marriott is 2552 Kalakaua and HHV is 2005 Kalia Rd.

You can pull up Mapquest but don't walk in the direction they give for driving because they are allowing for all the one way streets a car would have to navigate.

Just go west down Kalakaua Ave turn left on Saratoga Rd towards the ocean and take a right on Kalia Rd thru Ft. Derussy to the HHV. Should take about 15-20 min depending on how fast you walk. Probably about 1 mile is my guess.

I used Mapquest and used the address of the Hale Koa Hotel (right next door to HHV). It shows 1.9 MI by car route--but, there are numerous one-way streets factoring into that distance. I am sure it would be much closer to walk. You can be any place directly on the beach and see the fireworks, don't need to go clear to the HHV. For my money I wouldn't walk that far to go clear to the hotel, when they can be seen from about any place directly on the beach.

Archived