Upsell, liberty may 2nd

SueG

They offered me a cat. #11 for 700 more total for two of us. Which is what It would be if I booked it today. I paid 649 already add another 350 that gives me the 999 they are going for today. I told them no. They are starting early on this cruise. It is still a month away.

I didn't wait for the upsell call and just switched to a suite for $500 more.

When we first booked we booked an 8D and prices dropped so the moved us to an 8E then prices dropped and we could have had a Aft balcony but we declined it. Then the suite prices dropped $100 per person and I jumped on it. It's still alot cheaper that the balcony I had reserved on Royal that we canceled.

I just like the idea of more room and double sinks in the bathroom so we can get ready at the same time.

Brinda

I wouldn't take it either. I'm waiting for an upsell for my May 23rd cruise, but if it's more than $300 for the both of us I won't take it.

BTW, do they offer upsells to a 9A cat?

Yurita,

I've never been offered an upsell for our past 9As. If offered, I would most certainly decline. In fact, I would decline an upgrade even if they offered me OBC! :eek: :)

They offered me a cat. #11 for 700 more total for two of us. Which is what It would be if I booked it today. I paid 649 already add another 350 that gives me the 999 they are going for today. I told them no. They are starting early on this cruise. It is still a month away.

I have read where you can counter offer and sometimes they accept.

I am trying to understand what you all are talking about. Did carnival contact you about upgrading from the current category cabin that you have or did you contact them? Also how long before you sail do they usually do these upsell's? We are going on Freedom on 6/6/08 on an 8 day and would love to have a suite instead of a balcony but right now its $1000 more for the 2 of us but if they deal on it as it gets closer I would love to know about it. Thanks.:);)

I am trying to understand what you all are talking about. Did carnival contact you about upgrading from the current category cabin that you have or did you contact them? Also how long before you sail do they usually do these upsell's? We are going on Freedom on 6/6/08 on an 8 day and would love to have a suite instead of a balcony but right now its $1000 more for the 2 of us but if they deal on it as it gets closer I would love to know about it. Thanks.:);)

It's simple, if Carnival has unsold cabins, they try to upsell people now instead of free upgrades. Sometimes they offer a discount. Sometimes they don't (as in this post).

It's based on supply and demand. Not sure what determines who they call. If you booked thru Carnival, you might get a call. If you booked thru a TA, you won't.

right now I am in an 8C. I love my cabins location. So, not moving is not going to upset me. I did tell my PVP that I would be interested in a suite if the price came down. He did reply back and told me he would let me know. I originally told him it had to be 950 or lower per person. So, my extra would be 300 more per person. I did counter offer the lady who called. Told her not more than 500 total. She ( not my PVP) told me she had many other people to call and if I change my mind to call her back. The more I think about it, I may not even take the 500 offer. I love my location.

We are on this cruise (May 2nd) but have not gotten a call yet. My mom, who is also the TA who we booked the cruise through, got us upgraded to 4F (I think we were originally in a 4B on the main deck), pretty much mid ship on the Lido deck for $10.00 more per person. This was about a month and a half ago.

Went with HAL to Alaska last year and used a TA, she called with up-sell

offer to Category S ? SY anyhow nicest suite below penthouse, very good

price, we (two couples, two cabins) accepted...Seems that TA's are

notified of up-sale prices and can offer.:) Not sure how true this may be

for all c lines and whether sales/market effect at all:confused:

We got an upsell call for this cruise she wanted 209 a piece for a suite . We refused because it was not a deal we paid 700 for the cruise a suite is 999 so its not really a deal. Also we are booked on the Glory in august so we didnt want to change. We told her we would for 100 a piece she said she couldnt do that. Gary

Archived