Trying to anticipate "hiccups"...

Not the kind you get after having too many DOD's, LOL. As in service hiccups.

I'll be on Glory's first sailing out of Miami. Just wondering if anyone can think of anything that may be worth taking a second look at or making a "Plan B" for.

I'm just not sure how involved starting a new port will be for the crew and port staff. Embarkation? Clearing Customs upon return? Tendering?

Just trying to think ahead, LOL. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I'll be on Glory's first sailing out of Miami. Just wondering if anyone can think of anything that may be worth taking a second look at or making a "Plan B" for.

I'm just not sure how involved starting a new port will be for the crew and port staff. Embarkation? Clearing Customs upon return? Tendering?

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about Miami. It may be the Glory's first sailing from Miami, but you can be sure it's not the first ANYTHING for the port staff--embarkation or otherwise.

Miami's one of the world's biggest and busiest ports. It won't be the port staff's, or customs agents or immigration folks' first rodeo ;)

At worst, I'd say the biggest concern may be taxi drivers or port security officers asking "Which ship?" when you ask for directions because they may not recognize the name, but all the Carnival ships port in the Carnival area at the Port of Miami. Just head there. You should be okay ;)

Thanks.

Embarkation.... Miami is always busy, but they have loads of experience

Customs..... that's after the cruise. If you don't have an early flight, don't worry about that now

Tendering..... not sure how that is relavent to Miami. As far as your ports, just get down early to where tickets are given out if you want to get off quickly.

Embarkation.... Miami is always busy, but they have loads of experience

Customs..... that's after the cruise. If you don't have an early flight, don't worry about that now

Tendering..... not sure how that is relavent to Miami. As far as your ports, just get down early to where tickets are given out if you want to get off quickly.

I know Miami itself is busy, I've sailed out of there twice previously. I just didn't know if the change from Pt. Canaveral to Miami would be any cause for confusion or having to get "in the groove" of any kind.

Customs, I also know this is after the cruise. Again, I didn't know if it would be any different for the crew, causing delays (I seem to recall hearing Miami Customs Agents were more "sticklers" than other ports). And I'm not sure if it's "early", but I do have a 12:20 flight. I've had mixed experiences with Customs...once getting off real early doing self-debarkation, another not getting off the ship until 1:00 using traditional debarkation method. NIGHTMARE, and since I'll have my kids with me for the first time, one I'd rather avoid.

Tendering...I'm saying, is the crew going to hitting different ports than they currently run, wondering if it's going to be something they need to get the "hang of" before it runs smoothly.

You really have very little to worry about with the change of ports.

We sailed Triumph out of Miami in January. The new facilities are fantastic. Very organized. It will make no difference to the porters and shore staff if it's the Glory or the SS Minnow that is docked:p Their routine is the same.

Customs is customs. You should be fine with your flight. OTOH stuff happens. And again it would have nothing to do with the ship. This would be the only area where I might have a Plan B.

Tendering - Again the crew has done tendering before. The process is the same (or nearly the same) at all tender ports. The onboard procedures will be the same ones that they have used in the past.

Have a great cruise,

Charlie

Archived