Inspiration Category 12 ?

momofC&C

Do any of the Category 12 Penthouse Suites on the Inspiration have obstrcuted views? Are any of them handicap accessible? I only ask about the Handicap Accessible because I need an ECV to get around. I need the extra room to park it in the suite each evening to "recharge". If there is an alternate place to store the ECV, then handicap accessible in not an issue. I am able to get around in the room and shower in standard size bathroom (roll in shower is not necessary). I would not want to take a handicap room if not really needed so that if someone did needit, it would be available.

Thanks!

Steph

None of the Cat 12's have obstructed views. The Fantasy-class Cat 12 balconies are actually some of the nicest balconies in all of Carnival's fleet. They're very private, but completely unobstructed.

I can't really definitively answer about handicapped access. There would definitely be more than eno0ugh room to park your ECV inside the suite, though. I can't SWEAR that the ECV would easily drive into the room, but I suspect it would.

Do any of the Category 12 Penthouse Suites on the Inspiration have obstrcuted views? Are any of them handicap accessible? I only ask about the Handicap Accessible because I need an ECV to get around. I need the extra room to park it in the suite each evening to "recharge". If there is an alternate place to store the ECV, then handicap accessible in not an issue. I am able to get around in the room and shower in standard size bathroom (roll in shower is not necessary). I would not want to take a handicap room if not really needed so that if someone did needit, it would be available.

Thanks!

Steph

There is more than enough room to store the EVC - the room is over 350 sq ft with an additional 70' balcony. I am confident the door does open wide enough to get it in. The "shower" is really a jetted tub with a sliding glass door. Beware that it is a bit of a step up to get into the tub - there isn't that much room between the john and the counter and I am 5'4" and the side of the tub was over my knee. I had to be careful getting out as the tub is slightly elevated off the floor so it is a few extra inches down.

Thanks!

Steph

Steph, first check through this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

There are tons of pictures of these cabins from before the refurbishments through the new current decor.

It should give you a much better actual view to see if it's what you need.

They are great cabins.

It also has a tub (with shower), so it's not a regular walk in shower.

But there should be plenty of room to "park" as it is very spacious.

You could also ask the steward to move the beds together at one end of the sleeping area, and it would give a whole extra 'twin bed' size space at one end.

I hope that helps!

I have had a Cat 12 cabin on the Inspiration twice and I love those cabins!

Sadly, they are not HC accessible. Here's Carnival's description of an HC cabin:

Accessible Accommodations

An entry doorway which is 32" in width; a 36" wide accessible path through the stateroom; accessible closet rods and shelves; safe, telephone, desk, and bathroom with a roll-in shower, grab bars and accessible lavatory.

You can find the routes on the ships and cabins that are designated HCA at this link:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Images/Misc/ccl/ADA_Deckplan_FA.pdf

Hope this helps!

:)

The "shower" is really a jetted tub with a sliding glass door. Beware that it is a bit of a step up to get into the tub - there isn't that much room between the john and the counter and I am 5'4" and the side of the tub was over my knee. I had to be careful getting out as the tub is slightly elevated off the floor so it is a few extra inches down.

Thank you for pointing this out, I do have some mobility issues with my hip. My sister has a similar set-up in her home so I know what you are talking about. I may have to re-think this a bit. Now, I wish there was a Cat 12 witha roll-in shower, hmmmm........

Steph, first check through this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

There are tons of pictures of these cabins from before the refurbishments through the new current decor.

It should give you a much better actual view to see if it's what you need.

They are great cabins.

It also has a tub (with shower), so it's not a regular walk in shower.

But there should be plenty of room to "park" as it is very spacious.

You could also ask the steward to move the beds together at one end of the sleeping area, and it would give a whole extra 'twin bed' size space at one end.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for pointing me to that thread. There wasa lot of great information and some wonderful photos. :)

None of the Cat 12's have obstructed views. The Fantasy-class Cat 12 balconies are actually some of the nicest balconies in all of Carnival's fleet. They're very private, but completely unobstructed.

I can't really definitively answer about handicapped access. There would definitely be more than eno0ugh room to park your ECV inside the suite, though. I can't SWEAR that the ECV would easily drive into the room, but I suspect it would.

I also love the aft of the fantasy class with the half moon decks.

We were on the Inspiration back in January in an end Cat. 12 suite. Would be the one closest to the other "regular" staterooms. Our entry door seemed to have a lip on the floor that you would have to go over which may be difficult. Also our bathroom was on the small side and we had a shower curtain- not a shower door. There's absolutely no way you'd be able to get any scooter or w/c in there. We had difficulty having more than 1 person in the bathroom at one time. However the actual room size was great. It was DH and myself and our 3 kids. Fit us perfectly.

Nice suite but you may need to look at something else better suited for your needs. Good luck.

Archived