First time cruiser impression of LOS.

Just got off LOS last Saturday, it was the first cruise for my family. My lasting impression will be of the extreme beauty of the ship. It far exceeded my expectations, I was and still am in awe of it. Everywhere you turn is eye candy...from the tile on the floor, to the staircases. Everything is so different from deck to deck and even within decks. Very special. The food was excellent in the MDR, every night. I enjoyed the reasonable proportions, also. It left room for dessert!

The best advice I received as to what to take was the $8 over the door shoe holder from target. There is hardly any room to put stuff (and I have ALOT of toiletries) and it was wonderful to have it handy at the door and you could see everything and it was all out of the way.

I wore every evening outfit. However, I took WAY too much for the days. What I found is that basically you get up and put on your bathing suit with a coverup and that's all I wore until evening. The only time I put on a short outfit was stopping at the ports. And one of the ports (Labadee) I just went in my bathing suit as did most of the people.

For those of you with children....please listen.....make sure they understand that at the arcades that the machine you put the seapass into to get money for the games.....is NOT money the ship is giving them. My 12 year old thought that he was getting free money from the ship for arcade games....imagine our surprise the last day with $10, $10, $10..I won't even tell you what it added up to. Just say we were hopping mad..but of course RC could just say...you should have checked your bill everyday! We just didn't know that there was a machine that they could do this with. Parents beware.

The ice show was tremendous as was "in the air" show. Those were the only ones we went to. I think the next time I'll try to sleep later and maybe take a nap...I was exhausted by 11:00 and so many things start then. Sort of like Vegas.

The only downfall is that i'm not a "lay by the pool" all day person and felt a bit ancy on sea days during the day. I don't like to do alot of bingo, and those other type of activities they have. But it was my first cruise, so I guess you learn. Anyway, I'll answer any questions you have, also.

P.S. the formal nights were so much fun, and worth bringing those extra clothes. We really enjoyed watching people all dressed up during the evening on the promenade. It was a lovely ship and it was fun seeing everyone "lovely", too.

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to Cruising. Now you can sign up for Crown and Anchor. Do you think that you will cruise with RCCL again?

We thought that the over the door shoe organizer was a great idea too. Got it from these boards when we went on our first cruise in 2003. We make sure that our kids sea pass cares are not able to accept charges....also something I learned from these boards!

Did they have Beetlemania onboard? I've heard so many good things about it.

My sister and I are booked on this ship in October. I'm all set for the formal nights (black and silver), but will I stand out if I wear a nice, knee-length dress on non-formal nights for dinner (a red spaghetti strap drapy dress, and a teal straight satin dress)? One of them I'll be wearing to dinner at Portofinos.

I found 4 beautiful dresses at amazing prices after the holidays and I want to wear them all. I can always change after dinner or the show.

Archived