Opened the bottle yesterday....

So I was quite sad yesterday. It was supposed to be my day for leaving to the caribbean! But.... I had a baby girl so it was worth it :) I finally opened my bottle of canned cruise ship smell and it was fantastic. Closed my eyes and I was there. You guys should try bottling it one day, it just may come in handy ;)

So I was quite sad yesterday. It was supposed to be my day for leaving to the caribbean! But.... I had a baby girl so it was worth it :) I finally opened my bottle of canned cruise ship smell and it was fantastic. Closed my eyes and I was there. You guys should try bottling it one day, it just may come in handy ;)

Congrats....we did the same in June of 2008 (DD would've been 3 months.) In 19 days, we take our now 1 year old little girl on the same ship we cancelled last year for her first cruise.....sooooooo worth it my friend.

Thanks everyone! Ill get back on that ship next year though. Not sure to bring the youngin or not yet. Recommendations? Is it suitable to bring an infant on board?

Depends on the cruise, the parents, and the infant. RCCL does offer some programs for the under 3 set, especially on Oasis which will have the Royal nursery.

No matter what, congrats!!!

Thanks everyone! Ill get back on that ship next year though. Not sure to bring the youngin or not yet. Recommendations? Is it suitable to bring an infant on board?

Congratulations to you!

It depends on you and the "youngin."

The very young ones cannot participate in the youth activities so you will be on your own. Though, I think you can attend Fisher Price play group in the am together. If you are used to cruising without caring for a little one you will need to adjust to the fact that you are on duty 24/7 on your vacation.

On the other hand if you are prepared for the fact that your cruise will include the constant company of your little one you can still go and have a wonderful time.

The other issue is that an infant is still a person to be charged passenger rates for. Some prefer to enlist Grandma and Grandpa at home.

We cruised with our 6 month old grandson in December. I was great! Of course my daughter and son-in-law had plenty of help from grandparents and aunt and uncles.

Archived