Interesting show on Science Channel...

RickEk

Tonight, there was a show on Science Channel entitled "Built from Disaster". The topic of tonight's show focused on ships and ship safety. Prominently featured was the Ruby Princess as she was being built. It was quite interesting. They'll be repeating the show again for a few days. Check your local listings... :)

Tonight, there was a show on Science Channel entitled "Built from Disaster". The topic of tonight's show focused on ships and ship safety. Prominently featured was the Ruby Princess as she was being built. It was quite interesting. They'll be repeating the show again for a few days. Check your local listings... :)

Thanks for the heads up. Will also check it out later today.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks for the heads up. Will also check it out later today.

No problem... it does focus on some pretty horrific disasters (the Scandinavian Star, the Titanic and the Herald of Free Enterprise) and then shows how modern cruise ships are designed to avoid or minimize the chance of a similar fate. For a gearhead like me, it was very interesting and to see footage of the Ruby Princess as she was being built was icing on the cake. :)

Thanks for the information. I love to watch shows on cruise ships. I usually do a search every couple of days, but I put in the word cruise and this particular program would not have shown up. It is on in about an hour and a half.

Well, I watched it again.. :p, the only thing that seemed to be fact-challenged was their assertion that the Ruby Princess was 130,000 tons. Ah well... 113, 130, sorta sounds the same in an Italian accent I guess... :)

Archived