Ruby Princess 3/28-4/4 -- Fantastic!

lsane2

Thanks mg3251 for your quick reply R/T transport from Cruise port to Miamii airport pre/post cruise. Let me make sure that I have it straight: You rented a car from Miami to cruise port, then took a shuttle to Miami airport when you left the ship?

So far, Alaska's airfare (2/1 air miles fare) to Miami from PDX is no great deal, so it may just be less expensive to fly another airline and pay less money and fly into Ft. Lauderdale. We do plan on staying in a hotel precruise anyway. Thanks for the info:)

I've gone back and read those reviews from last week's cruise. Honestly, there were a few things I didn't like, the coconut and banana cue that was on the buffet the other day comes to mind, whatever that was, but there was plenty of other food that we liked. The quiche could've been warmer, but it tasted good, I just went and got something else.

DH travels a lot and goes to very good restaurants. He raved about the food. In fact the last three nights he ordered two entrees because he couldn't decide and ate everything!:eek:

I was surprised there didn't seem to be more kids on board. We didn't go to the pools though - maybe that's where they all hung out.

I'm just hoping the Sapphire lives up to the Ruby! We're sailing August 1.:)

We enjoyed our cruise with Ruby. There was not much that we could complain about. Did anyone try the escargot? mmmmmmmmmmmmm it was just as good if not better than the escargot at The Keg. It was not printed on the menu but our server mentioned that it was available. Does anyone remember the servers name in the DaVinchi dining room. He did a fabulous job for us when we did the captains table.

We enjoyed our cruise with Ruby. There was not much that we could complain about. Did anyone try the escargot? mmmmmmmmmmmmm it was just as good if not better than the escargot at The Keg. It was not printed on the menu but our server mentioned that it was available. Does anyone remember the servers name in the DaVinchi dining room. He did a fabulous job for us when we did the captains table.

Sascho was our server in the DaVinci dining room every night. He did mention the escargot but we didn't get it. We did get the French onion soup either Thurs. or Friday night that wasn't on the menu and it was very good.

I wish I had taken pictures of the menus every night. I did have my camera with me always, but I just didn't think about it and now all the meals are running together in my head! I did bring home all of the Patters though.

I can't believe the negative reviews I have read about the Ruby. They must have been on another ship. I thought our vacation on the Ruby was near perfect. Glad you had a great time.

I think some people are determined to NOT have a good cruising experience. I read those reviews too and one of them even admitted that he didn't want to cruise with Princess but went along with everyone else. Not much chance that he was going to have a good time. I've always found good food to eat on cruises. If I don't like something I just try something else.:D We sent my wifes meal back one night as it was not hot and they quickly made her a hot meal which she enjoyed very much. The fish and chips in the Wheelhouse were awesome.:)

I think some people are determined to NOT have a good cruising experience. I read those reviews too and one of them even admitted that he didn't want to cruise with Princess but went along with everyone else. Not much chance that he was going to have a good time. I've always found good food to eat on cruises. If I don't like something I just try something else.:D We sent my wifes meal back one night as it was not hot and they quickly made her a hot meal which she enjoyed very much. The fish and chips in the Wheelhouse were awesome.:)

I agree...there's no reason to be unhappy with your food on a cruise. They are more than willing to let you try something else or bring you more than one item if you can't decide. Also, take your waiters suggestions. They know what's good that night. We had very good to excellent food on the Ruby last week. One of those reviewers described their Crown Grill steak as something from college (can't remember the exact quote). Our food and service in the Crown Grill were flawless. Our steaks were huge and I got the lamb which was so tasty and tender. I was so full when I left CG. I don't know what people expect, but some people are determined to be miserable.

I agree...there's no reason to be unhappy with your food on a cruise. They are more than willing to let you try something else or bring you more than one item if you can't decide. Also, take your waiters suggestions. They know what's good that night. We had very good to excellent food on the Ruby last week. One of those reviewers described their Crown Grill steak as something from college (can't remember the exact quote). Our food and service in the Crown Grill were flawless. Our steaks were huge and I got the lamb which was so tasty and tender. I was so full when I left CG. I don't know what people expect, but some people are determined to be miserable.

We had the same great experience in the Crown Grill. Steak was outstanding. The only reason I was miserable was because I ate too much:eek:

hmmmm....Ruby Princess came in 2 hours late on 4/4 if I remember correctly. Yes taxi's would be a problem...later in the morning...they are bringing guests from the airport for embarkation.

Yes, it was close to two hours late getting in. This was only my second cruise and first in Ft. Lauderdale, so I was wondering if being late could have contributed to the chaos and that maybe it's not so bad when the ship is on time.

Do taxis drop people off in a different location than where they pick up? I didn't see anyone coming in in the taxis that were picking up from the ship.

I completely agree with you. I enjoyed all of the food on Princess, except for the Wellington. It was terrible.

Odd. I had the Wellington on both the Crown & the Island, and both were excellent! Maybe it depends on who is in the kitchen.

Archived