River Rafting

Chesie

I have been seeing alot of river rafting in the various cruise brochures. Does anyone have any suggestions 1. Are they worthwhile 2. Which town would offer the best in Alaska

Thanks for the responses!

:oSorry! That would have been nice if I told you that. Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Skagway Ketchican. We are doing a cruisetour southbound. Our starting point would be either Fairbanks or Anchorage and end of our cruise Vancouver.

:oSorry! That would have been nice if I told you that. Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Skagway Ketchican. We are doing a cruisetour southbound. Our starting point would be either Fairbanks or Anchorage and end of our cruise Vancouver.

I think with your limitations Denali Park probably is the winner. :)

Thank you BudgetQueen and Yukon!

Yukon, we will be in Denali 2 days so I think it would be doable. With your experience, was the whitewater trip 1/2 day, full? If 1/2day, am or pm better? Also thinking of June. How is the rafting that time of year?

The whitewater trips at Denali go well into the evening. Ours was from 6-9pm with an hour in the raft. Since it never gets dark in summer you can do a lot in a day.

The tour went through the Nenana Gorge between the Park entrance and Healy, covering 13 miles and 8-9 rapids. We used Denali Outdoor Center; they were excellent. I haven't heard any complaints on this board about the other operators. They all seem good.

The whitewater trips at Denali go well into the evening. Ours was from 6-9pm with an hour in the raft. Since it never gets dark in summer you can do a lot in a day.

The tour went through the Nenana Gorge between the Park entrance and Healy, covering 13 miles and 8-9 rapids. We used Denali Outdoor Center; they were excellent. I haven't heard any complaints on this board about the other operators. They all seem good.

Thank you! Ill look up Denali Outdoor Center for more info. Appreciate the recommendation!

Archived