What are your goals as a cruiser?

jimbug

When I embarked upon my first cruise last June on the Sapphire Princess (Alaska itinerary), I immediately became enamored with the wonders of cruising and vowed to myself that I would not let this be my last cruise...and would not let my next cruise be tooooo far away.

When I got home (of course, after becoming borderline-obsessive over Cruise Critic's various features), I started researching my "next" cruise, not knowing when it could/would be, or who would go with me. My hubby was not quite as fascinated as I am, and I would really have to pull his leg to go on another...though I think an exotic itinerary might do the trick.

After looking at all the major (and some not-so-major) cruise lines, ships, and itineraries, I decided I just couldn't possibly limit myself to Princess (even with the past passenger perks after several cruises), and that I just *had* to get out there and try some different cruise products to find the one that fits me best. I want to try it all - old ships, new ships, all the cruise lines, and all the itineraries that interest me in the least.

My next cruise will end up being on the Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera in March 2005, just 9 months after my first cruise. Of course, if it were up to me, I would be on a boat right now! :-) But, after arranging vacation times and convincing my best friend and my mom that they just HAD to try cruising, we were set. I actually originally booked the Celebrity Mercury out of San Francisco for the same week/itinerary, but couldn't turn down the bargain prices on the Pride for a balcony. Even after changing our booking to the Pride, I strongly considered changing again to the Jewel of the Seas or the Mariner of the Seas for a Caribbean trip that same week. I did, however, console myself and reassure myself of my decision to cruise the Pride when I was able to upgrade us to a Cat. 11 suite for a minimal charge. :-)

Oh, heaven help me - for I want to try it all and have a hard time deciding! :-) Anyway, I'm starting to digress so I'll wrap it up...I guess what I'm trying to say is that my goal in the next few years is to try all of the major cruise lines with a variety of itineraries and ship types...then make my decision on which cruise line and/or class of ship will be "my" cruise line and then start going after the past passenger benefits, if any! :-)

What about you?

I want to go to as many different ports as possible - on whatever ship will get me there! I am loyal to the Carnival Brand - which includes Princess of course :)

BUT, I'm more interested in seeing this wonderful world we live in than I am in seeing different ships. I want to go to Barbados, Margarita Island, Puerto Limon, Belize City, Antiqua, Curacau....and that's only in the Caribbean. Imagine where those 56 day cruises can take you!!!! Easter Island, Cook Island, Tuvalu, New Zealand, etc... It's incredible to think.

My goal is simple...to spend as much time at sea as financially possible until the day I leave my body...it doesn't matter what line, what time of year, what ports or how many sea days...just get me off land. :D I get 'land sick'.

Archived